Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.5

Supply Management- Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

One day intensive review process at the time I was hired. I was interviewed by Managers, Directors, and Vice-Presidents in one day. Was offered the position two days later. I was interviewed that day as part one of five candidates. From what I could tell, 3 of us were offered and accepted the position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

All internet job posts go to the Managers directly not HR. If you are a contractor you may be hired but they have a two year rule on time and material...their are always exceptions to the rule if you are a relative there are a lot of exceptions....or a friend of a friend......

Interview Questions

• Do you have a relative that works here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, it was far below expectations but I needed the job.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Shelton, CT) in July 2010.

Interview

Straightforward and easy with another manager sitting in. They did most of the talking as in they were selling me the position versus asking me tough questions. It lasted no more than 30 minutes. I wish all interviews were like this one,

Negotiation

Salary was negotiated

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sikorsky (Jupiter, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Two interviews.
    1st one 15 mins
    2nd one 2 hours

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sikorsky (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

phone interview first, on-site 3 months later, typical interview

Interview Questions

• why are you leaving Acme Engineering   1 Answer
    • what are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

got a small bump from initial offer

Avionics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in April 2010.

Interview

Original Process took about 2 weeks. Received a phone call for initial interview. After set up a in-person interview a week later.
    Process was fairly simple, manager mainly told me what the expectations where, reviewed my resume and my experiences. Asked mainly ethical and scenario questions.
    I may not have gotten hammered because I was coming fresh out of college.

Interview Questions

• The how would you handle this scenario questions really proved to be the most difficult. Since I was just coming out of college I didn't have much experience in answering those type of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of negation. They offered me 1 offer. take it or leave it type of deal.

Aircraft Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky (Belleville, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

I initially applied through MIAT and gained the interview though one of the schools recruiters.The school set up the interview. After completing the paperwork and background check they sent me in for drug testing. One they got the results I was given a start date. I was able to visit the area and found suitable accomodations not far from where the job was located.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with some one when the say youve made a mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotation was necessary, it was a union job.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Troy, AL) in February 2010.

Interview

Went through manpower to recieve interview. Set up interview. Arrived & Signed in @ Security Desk. Waited for about 20 minutes, Went into HR office. Spoke about the position, My skills, My educational background and experiences. Gave me detailed information about the potential to go full-time (direct). Spoke about benifits of the company and position details.

Interview Questions

It wasn't what I wanted. Not enough of an offer (salary) wise.

Financial Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in February 2010.

Interview

three interviews - HR, MGR, peer

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a peer do something unethical ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating

Flight Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sikorsky (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Really easy and straightforward. Just talked to the people I would be working with or for.