Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.5

Buyer Interview

interviewed at Sikorsky in January 2009.

Interview process at the agency was general, asking the standard questions. Nothing was out of the norm, experience, type of work, company size of previous companies, any aerospace experience, have any knowledge working with FAR and DAR?

Interview Questions
    • Questions were quite the norm, nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question
    Negoitations was difficult, giving only a small difference. They made you feel as if you were doing them a favor. They weren't willing to pay for experience.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sikorsky in January 2009.

30 mins with the hiring supervisor

Not flexible.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in October 2008.

Two interviews. Professional. GREAT physical work locations.

No negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sikorsky in May 2008.

was asked
    1. How i conduct work at recent company
    2. about experience of most recent employers
    3. how would you handle this situation? Personality test type?
    4. Skills for good engineer
    5. What do you do in free time? Asked about school
    6. Was asked what i thought of place?

I was given tour of place and discussed if i might take offer.

Interview Questions
    very easy. I could have asked for more but did not.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in March 2008.

Very good interview. I was called by the person that was to become my immediate supervisor. He knew by my military service (from a faxed DD214) that the skills and training was verifiable and he could tell by my answers that all though I did not understand the intricacies of the duties to be performed that I had the ability to learn and become proficient in a short time.

Interview Questions
    • Can you survive without pay for at least 1 month in the higher overall cost of living in Connecticut.   View Answer
    I gave an median offer based on my twenty plus years of aviation experience and was surprised it was accepted without a lower counter offer.

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Got accepted only after a phone interview. Make sure you are enthusiastic about the department that you are interviewing for because the interviewee will be. I was asked simple behavioral questions and nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have for a particular IT project that the department was implementing.   Answer Question

Engineering Aid Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sikorsky.

I found the interview process to be a very positive one. I met with the Chief Engineer of the department and I felt very comfortable because the style of the interview of very free-flowing. I'd advise anyone to use this to your advantage by using every opportunity to express to eagerness to contribute to the department and your ethusiasm when it comes to working in a team environment. The employees are very personable and a joy to work with.

If you have a good personality use it to your advantage while injecting as much substance as possible.

Interview Questions
    I was fortunate to have a recruiter negotiate on my behalf.

Intern Interview

Since this is the defense firm, if you want to get in, do not raise any objections on "morality" issues...

Contract Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Was scheduled to meet with 3 attorneys. Met with the first two and it was the usual interview - "tell me about yourself", "how does your experience make you a good candidate for this position". They also spent a lot of time explaining the company and its structure, which I appreciated but it wasn't really necessary if they weren't going to make an offer. The third person I was to interview with had an unexpected emergency and they asked to reschedule by phone which I agreed to. The next day I got an email saying they decided to hire someone internal, so the phone interview was cancelled.

Interview Questions
    • No curveballs, but asking me to reschedule the last interview was nerve wracking because I was mentally prepared for it that day. I knew it meant more prep and more waiting. But it ended up not happening.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sikorsky.

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted a few months later by a member of HR to set up a phone interview. The HR member was friendly and while I was asked a difficult question or two, I was asked more details if my answers were not quite sufficient, and I felt no pressure.