Silgan Containers

2.6

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Piedras, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Piedras, PR

I applied online – interviewed at Silgan Containers in October 2014.

Panel interview held by the HR Director and Plant Manager. Informal interview fir plant Controller. Company to open operations in Puerto Rico in January 2015. Candidate selected woild be subject to testing.

Interview Questions
    • Knowledge of Silgan. Containers.
      Overall experience as a Plant Controller

Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Silgan Containers.

must pass testing, and pass physical and drug testing

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oconomowoc, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oconomowoc, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silgan Containers in August 2012.

The hiring process consisted of several interviews and several tests. These tests included knowledge and skill testing along with drug testing. Everyone was kind and outgoing throughout the interview process. I would apply here again.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the tests which take a couple of hours to complete.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonie, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Silgan Containers in September 2009.

Regulation interview process. Contacted by recruiter who made it sound like I was the perfect fit for this job. Talked on the phone, did a test then an in person interview. Talked about the benefits and the job. Nothing extraordinary.

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Silgan Containers.

Phone interview, IQ test, in-person interview, offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very simple interview, they basically wanted to know if you could figure anything out mechanically. They seemed pretty excited to just have someone that could breathe on there own.   Answer Question

After getting my offer and seeing the plant I decided that the company was just not a good place to work. The older emplyees have a pension so, they were willing to work for less that I could. The pay was fair not good or great and the management was not really up to the speed I was looking for. Also most of the places that you would move to after completing your training were really out in the middle of no where. I really didn't want someones thumb on me.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silgan Containers in August 2010.

Had a phone interview first then skills testing. Went in for an in-person interview. Plant manager was very accomidating. Asked a lot of continous improvement questions as well as about union experience. Management "tolerates" the union at best.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience with working in a Union facility   View Answer
    Got a better offer than I origianlly asked for. Plant manager said he wanted to make it worth me leaving my current employer