Silicon Laboratories

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in March 2013.

Interview Details – I found the position at my campus career fair and was selected for an interview a few weeks later. The interview was mostly technical. I found out about a week later that I was not selected for the next round. Overall, it was a simple and pleasant process. I regret not reviewing the related course material enough beforehand.

Interview Question – Tell me about an interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

NCG Systems Engineer Interview

NCG Systems Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in April 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted on phone. Went well. Called for onsite interview. Fast and organized.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a PLL circuit. Asked me to write C code to set it up for a given frequency.   Answer Question
  • Write C code to configure a UART Receiving side. Had given the hardware manual   Answer Question

Product Test Engineer Interview

Product Test Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in May 2012.

Interview Details – The on campus interview is about opamp and nyquist theorem. The time domain analysis of opamp is asked. The on site interview is about projects I've done before, simple IC design questions regarding opamp, and some about RF front ends.

Interview Question – There are questions require practical experience, like put a diode to avoid peaks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, it's a summer internship.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in March 2012.

Interview Details – scheduled by HR, then had two phone interviews, very technicle, the guys are very friendly.
on site interviewers were generally nice and asked reasonabl questions in the area.

Interview Question – Hiring manager has strong accent and can't be understood.   Answer Question

Hardware Intern Interview

Hardware Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked several questions on both software and hardware. for software he asked the senior design- a comunication application. For hardware question asked RC time constant, and some analog filters and transfer functions.

Interview Question – The interviewer drawed an opamp with a Miller cap across it, and asked is this a low pass filter or high pass filter.   Answer Question

Applications Intern Interview

Applications Intern
Austin, TX

Interview Details – First, I received a phone call from the hiring hiring manager to set up the interview. The 1st phone interview lasted about an hour with the hiring manager and a team member. They explained the kind of products their department makes and then asked me about my academic experience and interests. I was asked to go through, in detail, about any projects that I was involved in and went through my resume.

I was called within a week for a 2nd phone interview and they asked me to elaborate on a specific project of mine, and I was given options for the projects to discuss (listed on my resume). They wanted to know exactly how what the steps involved, both software and hardware in a lot of detail.

Interview Question – How did you interface the speaker with the DAC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was contacted by the recruiter 2 days after my 2nd phone interview. He let me know the starting and end dates. Asked me how much I expected to get paid. I was offered more than my expectation. Went very smooth and the whole process from the initial contact to offer was 2 weeks.

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Staff Design Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in October 2011.

Interview Details – The entire process was well done from scheduling of the phone screen, to the on-site interviews with the team to the immediate follow up with an offer from the recruiting staff.

Interview Question – Full flow design questions; front end to backend digital design.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The recruiter did a good job of understanding my current compensation and my expectations so there was no need to negotiate.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in September 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via email in response to job opening listed on university job board. Received a call about two weeks later from a technical manager. Asked me some general questions about what my goals were and what my favorite type of circuit was e.g. ADC, DAC etc.

Interview Question – What is you favorite type of circuit   Answer Question

Circuit Designer Interview

Circuit Designer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in June 2010.

Interview Details – Called me at 9:00pm. mostly about circuit design details but not MOSFET oriented, a lot of system and stability questions. The ppl there are more like elite. I would suggest ppl review the book material more carefully when preparing the interview

Interview Question – output gain and out impedance of a mosfet   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in July 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter found me via linkedin. Email only Interview, no responses after a while - so no offer for me :(

Interview Question – What are your interests?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Silicon Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silicon Laboratories interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Silicon Laboratories employees and interview candidates.