Silicon Laboratories Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Applications Engineer-mcu Prod Div Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in May 2014.

Applied on linkedin. Was contacted by a recruiter in a week and scheduled a phone interview on the next day. They basically asked questions from my projects that I mentioned on my resume. And also about different tools that I have used. And there were questions like, what problems did you face when doing this particular project, how did you deal with it etc. They asked me about all the projects on the resume which were relevant to the role. It was not so difficult.

They flew me to Boston for an onsite after 2 weeks. Had 5 rounds - all technical. It started off with a tour of their office and different engineering teams working there. The rounds were on RF concepts, PCB Design, Power System Design, C Programming and Wireless Networks.

It was a good experience overall, except that I did not have PCB Design experience. And that was the reason they said, they wouldn't move further in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I found questions on Power System Design a little tricky, as I have very less idea on it.   Answer Question

Embedded Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories.

I got a call from Silicon labs. He started to ask me from the very basics of Electrical Engineering and Programming like what is a hexadecimal no., What is dBm and dB. Difference between both.

Design Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in April 2013.

There were two rounds. Both were telephonic interviews. First round was by the Manager of the team. He basically called to talk and discuss about the projects they had and what I would most probably doing in the team. He explained the projects. This was for about an hour. The next round was with a designer from the same team. She asked me some technical questions. It was for about 45min.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me some questions about Digital Signal Processing which I was not quite aware of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in March 2013.

I found the position at my campus career fair and was selected for an interview a few weeks later. The interview was mostly technical. I found out about a week later that I was not selected for the next round. Overall, it was a simple and pleasant process. I regret not reviewing the related course material enough beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an interesting project you have worked on.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in October 2013.

It was an on campus interview, that took place when I just got to united states for one month. But I can tell it was a fairly easy interview though lots of the interview questions I haven't study yet. The interviewer is nice and encouraging. The process is nearly 30 min.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me to write VHDL code. But it is not that hard   Answer Question

Aisc Design Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories in October 2013.

on campus interview

Interview Questions
    • all easy ones, like set up/hold time, draw NAND NOR on transistor level, blocking vs. non-blocking, also asked questions about projects on resume. all easy question. People are very nice also!! My friends were also asked about adder types, and wrote some easy verilog designs   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

got an on-campus interview, the manager is nice, after going through my resume, he asked he for details of my favorite experience on the resume. Then he asked me to illustrate the data structure of a cards shuffling mechanism.

Interview Questions
    • illustrate the data structure of a cards shuffling mechanism.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

On campus interview, then phone interview. Process is slow

Interview Questions
    • How to find if a chip has hold or setup time violation in a lab?   Answer Question

Analog Circuit Design Interview

Made the application and got the On-campus interview opportunity

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Silicon Laboratories.

one on campus interview about some general questions for the resume, and then my intern manager give me a call and ask more in detail with my undergrad courses projects and relevant MCU and application based questions

Interview Questions
    • discuss in detail about one of my undergrad project, It has been a long time   Answer Question

Worked for Silicon Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!