Silicon Valley Bank

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very smooth process from start to finish.

The HR called me twice, once to screen and once to confirm I was comfortable with the interview schedule.

I had two rounds of phone interviews and then was called in. I was interviewed by 8 employees and the process was seamless. By the end of the interview I was very impressed and wanted the job badly.

I was made an offer in 5 days time and am now a proud SVBer.

Interview Questions

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had the misfortune to experience numerous communication break-downs both with admin and HR staff. After confirming my availability over email for in-person interviews, I was promised to be contacted shortly. After nearly a week and a half and several email and voice-mail attempts on my behalf, I was finally contacted two days before the interview window. I was introduced to HR and told that I would be contacted shortly by HR.

After four days, I attempted to reach HR directly and leave a message. After another five days, HR contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. On the day of the interview, I did not receive any phone calls from my interviewer.

Several days after this, HR finally gets a hold of me to reschedule. Given the previous mishaps, I suggested that it will be easier to conduct the interview there and then. HR enthusiastically agreed.

The structure of that brief phone interview led me to believe that it was conducted mostly on the fly and with little to no preparation on behalf of the interviewer. Most questions that were asked of me were for information that my resume had already provided, (such as what my duties were,length of positions, etc) and the order of the questions mimicked the order of my resume. It was difficult to follow the lead of the interviewer without providing redundant information.

At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I will be contacted shortly for a follow-up. In a similar vein of previous arrangements, I have not heard from this company since.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview Details – Multiple phone interviews and 4 in person interviews. Long process but you can tell they are looking to get a good cultural fit. The interviews are primarily looking at what you have experience doing as well as behavioral based questions. Prepare for the interviews by looking at the job description and think of examples where you have done those in the past. That will make it easier to answer the questions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Just think about your previous experiences you have before you go in.   Answer Question

ADP Program Interview

ADP Program
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1 unprofessional phone call. 1 on-site interview with 6 members

Interview Question – What's your high school GPA?   View Answer

Senior Internal Audit Associate Interview

Senior Internal Audit Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview Details – Typical internal audit related questions with a heavy focus on financial services. No behavioral type questions

Negotiation Details – Initial offer was a lowball offer.

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview Details – Spoke with a recruiter first over the phone. Had two informal phone interviews with her before being called in for an in person interview. Spoke with two different individuals separately. It was relatively relaxed and they did most of the talking.

Interview Question – What do I do in my free time?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview Details – phone and one on one

Interview Question – average   Answer Question

Associate I Interview

Associate I
Arlington, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview Details – Introduction through a networking contact.
First screening/interview call with an HR recruiter based in HQ.
Didn't have prior banking experience so the questions were more generic around my interest in the bank and my prior experiences.
Second interview was in the office where I was going to work. I met with the head of the office and all of the people with whom I would work on a regular basis. The questions were again focused on my prior experiences and were more focused on fit than on technical skills or capabilities.

Interview Question – Don't remember specific questions. Interview was more of a Q&A with the local team trying to sell me as much as I was trying to sell myself to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I really wanted the job and had not gone through a negotiation process like this previously so I felt as if I did not have very much leverage in negotiating salary. Outside of the salary being offered, the benefits being offered were great for an entry level position

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview w/HR. It took weeks for her to setup a phone interview. Following that, she setup a phone interview with hiring manager. He was late, did not seem to care, and seemed aloof and arrogant. It was difficult to get a read on what he was looking for, and what he valued. Overall it was a waste of time. I had a more positive view of SVB before the interview.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked broad questions and seemed to have preconceived ideas about correct answers.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by the HR saying that I am invited to a Video interview and if I passed the video interview I will be advanced to the final in person interview. However after the initial interview I had 3 more unexpected phone interviews. All were fit interviews and the last round with the manager only lasted 20 minutes since the manager has double booked herself. Overall I felt that SVB was very disorganized with their recruiting process.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in the future   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Silicon Valley Bank

Worked for Silicon Valley Bank? Contribute to the Community!