Silicon Valley Bank

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

Associate Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Very interesting process - the College Recruiter was awesome and friendly. He puts you at ease and just has a normal conversation. From there I did a video interview which was really convenient and easy to use. After that it took some time to hear back (the recruiter prepared me that this would happen) and then I was contacted by the manager about the role. We had a good conversation and I was ultimately selected for the position. Overall it was an easy and well organized process.

No negotiation really

Associate Development Program Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me the following day for phone screen. The phone screen went well and I moved on to a digital interview which was set up for the following week. I was never contacted after that, but had back and forth emails with the recruiter (about 7-10x). The recruiter had given me dates on when I would hear back, but those dates were never met. It was pushed back so many times until I finally hear from the hiring manager 3-4 weeks later, who set up another call with me. I was supposed to hear back from her the following week and never did. So all in all, the recruiters and hiring managers do not get back to you regarding next steps like they say they will. After emailing them over 7x for a response and having them fail to act upon their own words, I realized that this is not the type of company I would want to join.

ADP Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Applied online, was contacted by the recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen went well, and I was scheduled for a digital interview through HireVue. Before we finished the call, the recruiter wanted to let me know upfront that the salary for all associates of the ADP program is 50k and non-negotiable. He also let me know that I would be hearing from him regardless of if I move on to the next round or not. Three weeks after the digital interview, and I still heard nothing back from him, even after I emailed him twice. After the third email I sent him, I received an automated response about an hour later explaining that I was not going to move on. So after promising that he would get back to me good or bad, and two emails later, he couldn't even send me anything other than an automated email.

ADP Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

The process was really easy. Sent in my resume through a referral (they hire a great deal through referrals). I had three interviews in one day with my three managers that were strictly behavioral. No difficult questions, they just wanted to make sure I was somebody that was willing to work hard but also could fit in with the culture of the company. Be yourself. Received a call a few days later that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do for fun? What do you find most interesting about banking?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Private Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

I got as far as the second round of the process. The first was a 30 minute phone screening. For me, this revolved around my technical excel skills. The next round was a 3 person interview. Not too many technical questions in my experience. It too a while for them to get back to me after the interviews.

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

A recruiter found my profile online and told me it matched a job opening with SVB. We went through the basic information and scheduled a Skype interview with the recruiter. We gone through my experience and everything seems to be a good match during the Skype interview. He then setup a phone interview with the hiring manager at SVB. They rescheduled the phone interview a few times but it finally happened. The interview was very relaxing. Besides the usual talks about my experience and the type of work they do, we have a very causal conversation on how our typical work day were like. At the end of the interview, the hiring manager seems to be very satisfy and said he will engage HR to setup an on-site interview with the head of the division. I have not heard back from them since so I called the recruiter a few days later. Since then, I tried to follow up three more times but I never received a straight answer from the recruiter or heard from SVB again. After I thank the recruiter for the work he put in and determined that this is a dead end, I received a LinkedIn inMail a week later directly from someone that worked at SVB HR department asking if I am interested to apply for the same position. I replied with a detail description of my experience and asked her if she could find out what happened. Two weeks later, she told me that they were continuing to interview and would like to keep me in mind for other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when a senior subordinate disagreed with you and decided not to follow your orders?   Answer Question

Real Estate Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in August 2014.

The hiring manager contacted and made an onsite interview first. Then the recruiter email to make a phone interview for for the next day before the onsite interview.
    At the onsite interview, I got the one on one interview with the hiring manager then the group interview.
    It iwas a great experience over all.

Interview Questions
    • What should I do differently to reduce to the 25% early termination rate of all current leases situations?   View Answer

Human Resources Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Multiple phone interviews and 4 in person interviews. Long process but you can tell they are looking to get a good cultural fit. The interviews are primarily looking at what you have experience doing as well as behavioral based questions. Prepare for the interviews by looking at the job description and think of examples where you have done those in the past. That will make it easier to answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just think about your previous experiences you have before you go in.   Answer Question

Senior Internal Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Typical internal audit related questions with a heavy focus on financial services. No behavioral type questions

Initial offer was a lowball offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in March 2014.

I had the misfortune to experience numerous communication break-downs both with admin and HR staff. After confirming my availability over email for in-person interviews, I was promised to be contacted shortly. After nearly a week and a half and several email and voice-mail attempts on my behalf, I was finally contacted two days before the interview window. I was introduced to HR and told that I would be contacted shortly by HR.

After four days, I attempted to reach HR directly and leave a message. After another five days, HR contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. On the day of the interview, I did not receive any phone calls from my interviewer.

Several days after this, HR finally gets a hold of me to reschedule. Given the previous mishaps, I suggested that it will be easier to conduct the interview there and then. HR enthusiastically agreed.

The structure of that brief phone interview led me to believe that it was conducted mostly on the fly and with little to no preparation on behalf of the interviewer. Most questions that were asked of me were for information that my resume had already provided, (such as what my duties were,length of positions, etc) and the order of the questions mimicked the order of my resume. It was difficult to follow the lead of the interviewer without providing redundant information.

At the conclusion of the interview, I was told that I will be contacted shortly for a follow-up. In a similar vein of previous arrangements, I have not heard from this company since.