Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I had one on campus interview, as well as one day of interviews in their office. for the day of interviews I started early in the morning in their Palo Alto office and then ended my day in their San Francisco office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

First contact occurred at my school's job fair. I submitted a video interview and spoke with a recruiter. Did not hear back for an extended period of time. i was then emailed to see if I was still interested. I spoke with a manager and eventually was told I was no longer being considered. The entire process took near two months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online and was contacted shortly by the HR person. I was then asked to do the Video Interview. I heard back about two weeks later and was asked to have an onsite interview. Similar to other reviews, it does take a long time and they are very slow to get back to you, so you need to have patience. However, the bank is awesome so I wouldn't hesitate to wait and be patient!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your childhood and high school experience.   Answer Question

Director Program Managemenet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very good phone interview with a recruiter from SVB, connected on a personal level and it was decided that they wanted to move forward to a follow up call with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks passed and chased up the progress to be told that we have decided to move forward with other candidates. Very disappointed in the approach of the organization and lack of transparency in the process. For a senior position this is very amateurish. For a bank that is a technology company that is different from other banks - steer clear as all is not what it seems.

Interview Questions

• What is your current position and experience in Program Management?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I met with 6 different employees with varying levels of "importance". Overall, a more laid back interview with very personable professionals. A lot of the interview was based on "fitting in", not just technical knowledge. The process took about 2 hours, meeting with each person for 20 minutes. They enjoyed that I had done my research, but also talked about the job description and the lifestyle at SVB often. All interviewers were extremely nice and portrayed a laid back, yet hard working style.

Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

Interviewers were the Sector Head, SCO, MD, and team members. One on one interviews were with the Sector Head, SCO and MD. The less senior team members came in as a panel of 2.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical and I thought it was very easy. I thought the questions were design to see how engaging the candidate is.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website to their position, but had a referral and heard back within a week of my application. I had a call with the recruiter who is very nice and easy to talk to, mostly behavioral questions and why I wanted to work at SVB. He let me know I could move on to the video interview, which was a few questions also behavioral that I completed myself within the week. I heard back about four days later that I had moved on to the next round, and that the hiring managers would be reviewing my video interview and I would hear in a week if would make the final round. I heard nothing for the next two weeks and followed up and received an email saying that I hadn't made the last round.

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then online video interview which you record yourself. Phone interview was pretty standard, asking about your background and why you are interested in the position. Video interview was kind of stessful as you need to record yourself at home. Need to dress in business attire during the recording. Standard behavioral questions.

Tech Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews with different Directors at SVB Analytics, followed by a brief, automated HireVue web interview, then flown to the SF offices for 8 in-person interviews. Two follow-up phone interviews to conclude, with several calls with the Senior Recruiter interspersed. Focus revolved around financial skill set compatibility rather than majority of time ensuring a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How extensive is your financial training or education?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, had 2 phone interviews. The first was with one of their associates and was mostly behavioral and to see if you know anything about venture capital. The second one was a phone interview with 2 associates and was a little more in depth about the industry but still mostly just measuring for fit and willingness to learn.

Interview Questions

• What are some start-ups that you have been looking at and why do you like them.   Answer Question
    • Explain how the venture capital process works from beginning to end.   Answer Question