SilkRoad Technology Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 5, 2014
15 interviews

2.6

Enterprise Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in March 2013.

The process was pretty straight forward. I applied online after I was referred, so I could be in there database. I first spoke with the Recruiter, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. At the time the position I wanted was on hold and would be for about 3-4 months. Two weeks later I got a call that a position had come open and I was made an offer. They sent me offer letter and the OnBoarding process was primarily online as well.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a little on the salary and got what I was looking for. I was very honest upfront in the process.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in February 2011.

The interview process seems a bit informal, but it works.

I was first contacted to setup and then complete a phone interview. This consisted mostly of standard questions about experience and strengths.

Eventually I received an invitation to interview in person since I lived close to one of SilkRoad's offices. This interview was a little more detailed but still very standard.

In order to impress I would recommend being honest about your strengths and not disguising anything with vague talk. This company has a very open atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • There were no truly difficult questions for someone with previous experience. However they will ask for detailed examples of your most difficult previous experience.   View Answer
    Negotiation is vital here, you may find yourself set at your starting salary here for a while. SilkRoad has an open PTO policy so negotiate for more base salary or for other perks you might be interested in.

Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology.

General process - spoke with the recruiter then to the hiring manager

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology.

Not a formal interview, none of the typical interview style questions and was very relaxed

easy

Dedicated Customer Administrator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in November 2013.

Started of with an interview with the recruiter. My profile was then forwarded to the hiring manager. Second interview was with the hiring manager. The final interview was a training presentation to the hiring team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary but prep well for your training presentation.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Excellent

Very cooperative

Technical Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in May 2013.

I've had a few jobs over the years and the application/interview/hiring process with Silkroad was by far the smoothest and most organized I've ever experienced. The online application software was easy to use and there was excellent follow-up from the HR representative.

Applying online was simple and easy. HR was very quick to follow up at every turn and made it clear that if I had questions, I could call at any time. I had 4 interviews, one with the Manager of the position, the Director, someone who was currently in the position, and one with the HR representative. This gave me a very clear understanding of what the job entailed and it helped both parties determine if this was the right fit. I really appreciated that. Once the offer was made and I accepted, I went through the onboarding process. This process has always been a pain in the past with other companies, but Silkroad has excellent and clear documentation, so this made the process of choosing benefits, completing W-4, I-9, and other required forms incredibly simple and hassle free. I also have to mention again that the follow-up from the HR Representative was phenomenal.

The office atmosphere is very relaxed but there is still an emphasis on productivity and a work/life balance. I feel that the company cares about me as a whole and I am not just a number. I was given a detailed agenda for my first 3 weeks at the company. The first two weeks, I was first required to do training on my own with their online training products and take an exam to obtain a certification. The training consisted of general courseware (administrative, company culture, etc.) as well as product training. I was incredibly impressed with the product user guides, online training courses, as well as the communal (live webinar) training. With the training, I was able to obtain my certifications in two weeks for two of the products that I will be working with.

My third week, I was able to meet with my teammates, who provided me with more in-depth, job-specific training. It was encouraging to me that my teammates seemed happy and fulfilled with the company. They were welcoming and willing to share their knowledge. They also made it clear that I could reach out to them at any time with questions. I am really looking forward to my career at Silkroad.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in October 2012.

I had one phone interview with HR and one technical phone screen. Then I was invited for a in-person interview.
    On-site interview consisted of five separate 1:1 interviews a programming test with computer.
    After a few days they contacted me offered me the job.

Director Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in October 2011.

Since i was an internally employee i was asked to put together a presentation on what my vision was for perfect marketing. The i presented this to our CMO.

Lead Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bedford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SilkRoad Technology in September 2011.

Many phone calls over a three week period

Worked for SilkRoad Technology? Contribute to the Community!