Silliker Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.4

Senior Chemistry Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silliker.

Interview

I got a phone call that seemed like a quick interview, and was offered a traditional interview. THe interview process took about and hour and a half that included a tour and then the interview. I talked with four different supervisors.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Silliker (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

An initial phone call turned out to be a phone interview. I showed up to the interview and there was nowhere to park. I was buzzed in by the secretary and then left to sit in the waiting area for 15 minutes. Then I was interview by 2 guys in a conference room with various old pieces of equipment, phones, computers, etc. before being pawned off on a couple of employees to ask and be asked questions while they were working. One of the interviewers responded "Affirmative!" to just about everythign I asked and overall seemed very robotic. On the phone they said that the hours would be 10am-8 or 9pm just temporarily while they got caught up. When you get there, you'll find out that those are the permanent regular hours. Samples for testing come via various shippers by 10 and so much of the work cannot start until then. They said I would hear something in 2-3 days. I did not hear anything for exactly 30 days. I would have been massively overqualified, underpaid, and probably the oldest person there by 5 years. If you want any semblance of a life outside of work, stay far, far away from Silliker.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with the hours?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Silliker in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day or so. The HR person seemed professional and was clear about the job responsibilities and whatnot. After asking me a few questions, she asked me to come to their lab in Crete so she could interview me.

I got there and told the receptionist I had an interview with the HR lady. She was polite and asked me to sign in and take a visitors badge. A few minutes later, a guy I'd never talked to came out and greeted me. As he led me inside, he called me by a name that wasn't my name, and I learned later that he'd pulled the wrong resume or something. He gave me a brief tour of the facilities. Everyone I saw had a sort of grim look about them.

Eventually he printed out my correct resume and brought me into a room with broken office supplies, with another supervisor who looked equally grim. The first guy spent the next few minutes skimming through my resume and occasionally asking a question about something he came across. My prospects didn't seem very promising at this point, but I answered as best I could.

Eventually they got up to leave and told me that the lady I'd originally talked to would be in to interview me in a few minutes. I sat and waited for a while, and eventually he came back and told me that she was in a meeting or something and wouldn't be able to meet with me, but at least we'd talked on the phone, right? He told me I would probably get a call in a week or so after they'd finished reviewing other candidates.

From the awkward and disorganized experience at the laboratory and only a brief initial conversation with the hiring manager, I wasn't surprised that they never called.

Microbiology Technician Interview

Interview

The hiring process was quick. The interview was scheduled for the same week as I submit my application. The interview process seemed quick too, it was very informal, I actually felt out of place dressed in a suit. The job was offered to me conditionally as soon as my interview was completed pending my background check. All together it was an easy interview process.

Microbiology Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Silliker.

Interview

Very easy and straight to the point

Microbiology Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Silliker in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted my application online. A week later, received a phone call to schedule and interview for the next day. I was interviewed by 4 different people and given a tour of the lab. Two weeks later received another phone offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. During my interview, I was asked about my salary range and was offered a specific pay rate. The pay rate is on the lower scale. When you are given a tour make sure to be nice and friendly to everyone that you meet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was done during the interview which was unexpected, but there is a pay raise opportunity in the future base on performance.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Silliker (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had to go up to Chicago corporate headquarters for the interview. Interviewed with 4 individuals in the Quality department. However, only 1 of the 4 was actually at the headquarters. The other 3 were phone interviews as they were out on business. It was a detailed process, but it felt as if they already knew who they were going to hire.

Interview Questions

• What will you do on your end to advance your career?   1 Answer

Chemistry Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Silliker (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Phone call to schedule interview and interviewed with two people. Went over the application questions and the nature of the job - what its like, etc. No real curve ball questions. Things like 'how do you manage your time?' 'are you ok with long hours?' Did a tour of the lab at the end.

Micro Lab Tech Interview

Interview

Straight forward

Microbiology Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silliker.

Interview

Contacted by corporate in Chicago for initial interview. Upon interview received a tour and typical questions: can you handle a lot of overtime, can you stand all day, what experience do you have, what do you know about what we do here. Was not contacted for two weeks then received a phone call and offered position.