Silpada Designs

Star Leader Interview

Star Leader

Interviewed at Silpada Designs

Interview Details – Independent representative, no interview process

Interview Question – If your sponsor does a good job, she will ask you what your goals are for your business   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Proofreader
Lenexa, KS

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Silpada Designs in April 2012.

Interview Details – Upon emailing the HR Manager with a cover letter and my resume, I received an in-office interview with her. We talked for around 30 minutes and then I was taken to another office where I was given another 30 minutes to complete a couple of proofreading exercises. The office culture is very friendly and I immediately felt comfortable. The interview questions were pretty basic; strengths, weaknesses, challenges I overcame in my past, why I want to get into writing and proofreading, etc. While I felt the interview went very well, the company decided on another candidate with more experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time in your past jobs where you faced a personal problem with your upper management and how you handled this situation.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Lead
Olathe, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Silpada Designs in October 2010.

Interview Details – it was normal not bad at all. its when you get there you realize they are horrible

Interview Question – how do you motivate people   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none it was take it or leave it

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Lenexa, KS

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Silpada Designs in October 2010.

Interview Details – Basically I got drilled by the Applications Manager and Software Architect for about 3 hours (this was after the initial phone interview). Overall it was a very friendly atmosphere and both of them were very casual.

Interview Question – Name 2 EJB callback methods and what there purpose is.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Position Interview

Customer Service Representative Position

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Silpada Designs in October 2011.

Interview Details – I have over 20 years of professional experience with fortune 500 companies. I have a B.S. Degree. Because of my personal situation and the economy I applied for a CS rep position. I was E-mailed by the HR director that I was invited to a group interview. It was supposed to consist of educating us on the position. After I arrived at the facility about 30 of us were taken into a conference room and were told about the history of the company. Then we were told we needed to fill out a very lengthly application and that we were going to take an apptitude test. It is the Thurstone test. Mental apptitude test. Including mathmatic logic. Verbal comprehnsion etc. you had 20 minutes to finish. I was told by the recruiter if you did not score high enough on the test you would not be asked to come back for an interview. I passed the test and came back for the interview. Very informal and not very professional. I felt like I did a really good job anwering the questions. But, the next day I received computer generated rejection letter. All that for 13.00 dollars an hour. I was actually happy I did not get the job. I felt I was at a cattle call and was treated as such. Very poor experience.

Interview Question – Very basic. I felt like they really had no idea of what to ask. Very unprofessional. They talked more aboout the weather and how beautiful the company building was.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Silpada Designs in January 2009.

Interview Details – Had my first interview with HR - they had me fill out a paper application, which I have not had to do for any other IT position ever (only for retail or hourly office/admin positions over 15 years ago), but that's fine. They left me waiting in the lobby for about 45 minutes after the interview was supposed to start and finally when it started, the HR person maybe asked me 2 or 3 questions and then had me sit at a computer and take a test reminiscent to the ACT I took in High School, only the sections were all scrambled together. The office I interviewed in was very small and very hot, I was sweating the entire time and not because of nerves. It was pretty uncomfortable. After the test, the recruiter interviewed me and that part was fine.

My next interview was with the supervisor and manager for the position and they were decent. The Supervisor wasn't very friendly at all, but I ignored that and tried to focus on the job content. The job content was not explained that clearly and it was obvious they didn't have much in the way of internal processes. I was given a data model and asked whether it was sufficient for a certain area of the business. Without knowing more about that segment of the business, it was difficult to determine whether the business needs were being addressed with a data model.

I was actually brought in for third interview to meet the people I'd be working with, particularly the person who would be helping me get up to speed and who I would be working with very closely. Worst. Interview. Ever. I was left in a conference room alone for about 15 minutes and the two coworkers came in. I introduced myself and they sat down and immediately started talking to each other as if I wasn't in the room. It was awkward. The Supervisor and Manager came in and it started with the person who would be training me basically interrogating me with rapid fire questions - that wasn't so much the issue, it was her surly demeanor and obvious annoyance at having to be bothered to be in this interview and talking to me. When it was my turn to ask questions, she was very short and snippy with her responses and acted like my questions were inappropriate, specifically when I asked about how my transition onto the team and the project would be handled. It was obvious that she was miserable in her job and in life in general. The coworker wasn't much better. All I could think was that I was just dying for this horrible interview to be over so I never had to deal with these people again. Yikes. The manager kept asking me all these questions about my former employer, what type of projects I worked on and the specifics of the projects and systems I supported, all things that are proprietary that I didn't feel comfortable answering. And he wouldn't stop asking about the circumstances of me leaving the job. My project was cancelled and I was laid off, along with others. He insinuated that he didn't believe me and that "ABC Company" doesn't have layoffs and there must have been a reason. I felt like I was on trial.

Needless to say, I couldn't get out of there fast enough and I contacted the HR recruiter by phone and mail to request that I be removed from consideration for the position. I'll stick with wearing the jewelry for now.

Interview Questions

• What projects did you work on, what types of data did you work with and how were the project teams and business units structured.   Answer Question
  • I see here that you are ineligible to be rehired, why exactly is that if you were laid off and not fired.   View Answer

Worked for Silpada Designs? Contribute to the Community!