Silver Spring Networks Inc.
www.silverspringnet.com Redwood City, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Automation Engineer Interview

Junior Automation Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2014.

Interview Details – There was an initial 30 min HR round where she went over the details of my resume. On the same day I was informed that a manager from the hiring team would be contacting me over the phone. The phone interview was another 30 min process with questions about my current job and experience.

Interview Questions

• Your resume skills say that you are good at problem solving. Could you give me an example?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between linked lists and array lists in Java?   Answer Question
  • You are a hardware major. Why would you want to do a software job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc.

Interview Details – They ask me sth about the basic knowledge about java and data structure and alg, and than they will give you a similar leetcoade question, its about the string and tree. and ask you whether you can improve your alg. And they will descirbe some team jobs and who will corking together.

Interview Question – the question is ok, but the improvement is not.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Senior Human Resources Business Partner

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in August 2013.

Interview Details – It is a high touch culture and I appreciated meeting everyone on the team and those in the business. Very casual and pragmatic interview questions. Came in to meet the HR leaders and then came in a second time to meet business clients. Felt like I had a good sense of the culture and team.

Interview Question – I was asked about what I thought about Gen X and their desire for work life balance, but it was more a conversational topic and not what I have done specifically in my past to address that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fair; they met my requests

Senior Mechanical Designer Interview

Senior Mechanical Designer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Interview Details – Individual interviews with team members, team lead, and manager

Interview Question – What was you most difficult design challenge?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2013.

Interview Details – Extensive. Many phone interviews, in-person interview, and a trip to Corporate headquarters for another round. This process lasted months. Each interview covered the same information as related to past experience and this went on and on. During my visit to Corporate Headquarters, I had 5 interviews from employees ranging from project managers to a VP. All were pretty much the same and left me wondering what the Company was looking for?

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The process of getting an offer took so long, that I was able to interview with another firm, get an offer, relocate, and start my new position by the time SSN made the offer!

Human Resources Position Interview

Human Resources Position

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Interview Details – Applied on-line and also had employee contact. Phone discussion with recruiter followed by setting up 1-1's with 2 folks in HR. Met recruiter and other HR individual who greeted me and chatted about the company as interviewers were running late. I liked all the people that I met and spoke with - good energy and appeared to be a positive culture. One interview was challenging and was mostly behavioral interviewing questions - the 2nd was mostly conversational in tone. No timeline was shared with me regarding next steps on the interview process or when they would get back to me.

Interview Question – No particular question stands out.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Role Interview

Technical Role

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Interview Details – recruited by former colleagues

Interview Question – when can you start   View Answer

Negotiation Details – named, received requirements.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in December 2012.

Interview Details – The found me. The initial contact came through connections I had online. It was an initial call to test to see if I was interested. I did some research on the company, then called back with interest. An initial screening with the recruiter took place, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. While that was happening, they were also scheduling an onsite meet and greet with the team, and later scheduled 5-6 half-hour phone interviews with people throughout the organization.

The interview process, in general, was pretty lengthy. Lots of people to talk with, lots of scheduling. Since they had folks throughout the country, and I had a full time job, the process was a bit more complicated than I thought it needed to be.

They are looking for very specific personality traits and specific experiences to make sure you fit into their culture. I got along well with all of the interviewers.

The one concern I had with the interviews was that they were scheduled for 30 minutes, often by phone, and they would call late and want to end on time. That didn't leave much time for me to ask questions and getting clarifications. That meant, after an offer was ready, I had to slow them down and go back and ask a bunch of clarifications afterward.

I did end up declining their offer. I felt bad about it, and do feel like I missed an opportunity. It just wasn't the right time since my wife and I just found out we were pregnant.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were pretty straight forward, so I don't have anything to add here.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Yes, I got an offer. I did decline, reluctantly. I only wish the offer could have waited a few more weeks.

First, for someone like me, this is a PERFECT company. Technical, progressive, focused on "green" initiatives, and also small enough to be agile and flexible. I really, really wanted to work for them and really liked their personality.

The one thing that held me back was the potential for lots of travel and, potentially, having no local job after the contract with our local energy company is up. My wife is pregnant, and even though I really wanted to work for Silver Spring, I couldn't risk not being there or having to travel a lot. t the time I couldn't tell them we were expecting, so I think they probably thought I was someone who wasted their time. That's truly not the case.

I really hope to work for these folks in the future. I wanted to when they made the offer, but my life circumstances just didn't allow for it.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Their recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. However, at the scheduled time, the manager never called and could not be reached. Later I was told the manager had changed his mind.

Interview Question – "We’re still trying to get in contact with the manager"   Answer Question

Platform Test Engineer Interview

Platform Test Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in December 2011.

Interview Details – During the screen and 1:1 interview, I was asked network related questions, as the job description mentioned L2/L3 layer testing and the interviewer mentioned, it is for testing routing features. The group interview consisted mainly firmware related questions and algorithms for programming. All the interviewers were very polite and considerate, though the interview itself was very confusing.

Interview Question – How is much is 20db compared to 40 db?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Silver Spring Networks Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silver Spring Networks Inc. interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Silver Spring Networks Inc. employees and interview candidates.