Silver Spring Networks Inc.

www.silverspringnet.com
  www.silverspringnet.com

Silver Spring Networks Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer Intern Interview

They ask me sth about the basic knowledge about java and data structure and alg, and than they will give you a similar leetcoade question, its about the string and tree. and ask you whether you can improve your alg. And they will descirbe some team jobs and who will corking together.

Junior Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2014.

There was an initial 30 min HR round where she went over the details of my resume. On the same day I was informed that a manager from the hiring team would be contacting me over the phone. The phone interview was another 30 min process with questions about my current job and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume skills say that you are good at problem solving. Could you give me an example?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between linked lists and array lists in Java?   Answer Question
    • You are a hardware major. Why would you want to do a software job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in April 2014.

Ask many things in resume, the most complex project you have done, draw the system design graph, ask other projects in resume, detailed technical issues. Implement Maximum Subarray in 10 minutes, ask some machine learning methods.

Technical Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in April 2014.

Phone screening with recruiter, then 1 hr phone interview with hiring manager. Then two sessions of 2 hours each over Skype, speaking with 8 people in total (1/2hr each), from network engineers to the VP. Some nicer than others. There was just a technical guy really anoying, shooting tough technical questions that he had on a piece of paper, the rest of the team was cool. A couple of them seemed really stressed.. At one point the hiring manager sounded very positive about bringing me onboard, but I did not hear from them for a couple of weeks, until I emailed the recruiter and she said the position had been filled. I checked cnbc.com and their stock had fallen 35% one day before due to earnings miss. My guess is that new hirings were suspended. Hope they get stuff back together, they seem to be a good company.

Senior Mechanical Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Individual interviews with team members, team lead, and manager

Human Resources Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc..

Applied on-line and also had employee contact. Phone discussion with recruiter followed by setting up 1-1's with 2 folks in HR. Met recruiter and other HR individual who greeted me and chatted about the company as interviewers were running late. I liked all the people that I met and spoke with - good energy and appeared to be a positive culture. One interview was challenging and was mostly behavioral interviewing questions - the 2nd was mostly conversational in tone. No timeline was shared with me regarding next steps on the interview process or when they would get back to me.

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in August 2013.

It is a high touch culture and I appreciated meeting everyone on the team and those in the business. Very casual and pragmatic interview questions. Came in to meet the HR leaders and then came in a second time to meet business clients. Felt like I had a good sense of the culture and team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about what I thought about Gen X and their desire for work life balance, but it was more a conversational topic and not what I have done specifically in my past to address that.   Answer Question
    Very fair; they met my requests

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2013.

Extensive. Many phone interviews, in-person interview, and a trip to Corporate headquarters for another round. This process lasted months. Each interview covered the same information as related to past experience and this went on and on. During my visit to Corporate Headquarters, I had 5 interviews from employees ranging from project managers to a VP. All were pretty much the same and left me wondering what the Company was looking for?

Interview Questions

The process of getting an offer took so long, that I was able to interview with another firm, get an offer, relocate, and start my new position by the time SSN made the offer!

Technical Role Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc..

recruited by former colleagues

named, received requirements.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in February 2013.

Their recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. However, at the scheduled time, the manager never called and could not be reached. Later I was told the manager had changed his mind.

Interview Questions
    • "We’re still trying to get in contact with the manager"   Answer Question