Silver Spring Networks Inc.
www.silverspringnet.com Redwood City, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Automation Engineer Interview

Junior Automation Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2014.

Interview Details – There was an initial 30 min HR round where she went over the details of my resume. On the same day I was informed that a manager from the hiring team would be contacting me over the phone. The phone interview was another 30 min process with questions about my current job and experience.

Interview Questions

• Your resume skills say that you are good at problem solving. Could you give me an example?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between linked lists and array lists in Java?   Answer Question
  • You are a hardware major. Why would you want to do a software job?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Their recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. However, at the scheduled time, the manager never called and could not be reached. Later I was told the manager had changed his mind.

Interview Question – "We’re still trying to get in contact with the manager"   Answer Question

Platform Test Engineer Interview

Platform Test Engineer
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in December 2011.

Interview Details – During the screen and 1:1 interview, I was asked network related questions, as the job description mentioned L2/L3 layer testing and the interviewer mentioned, it is for testing routing features. The group interview consisted mainly firmware related questions and algorithms for programming. All the interviewers were very polite and considerate, though the interview itself was very confusing.

Interview Question – How is much is 20db compared to 40 db?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process included phone screen first with recruiter then with hiring manager. This is followed by 1st round on-site, then 2nd round on-site. The interview process wasn't that difficult, it was to understand my background/experience, my communication/interpersonal skills and how I handled certain work situations. Once completed, the veral offer came within 2 days.

Helpdesk Interview

Helpdesk
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in December 2011.

Interview Details – Group interview consists of 3 individual. Each conducting 30 minutes of time.
Mostly asking questions concerning email, and troubleshooting.

Interview Question – What is the difference between pop3 and IMAP?   View Answer

Software Development Program Manager Interview

Software Development Program Manager
Redwood City, CA

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in May 2011.

Interview Details – 0) informal contact
1) phone interview
2) set of 4 interviews
3) set of 4 interviews
4) one extra interview
5) they called my references
6) they checked up on my education certificates
All in all, each individual person I met was very nice and forthcoming, but the process overall was long-winded, tedious, bureaucratic. Most of the practical aspects and formalities worked well, but the response times between interactions were several weeks.

Interview Question – Why do you apply for this job when you have that other type of experience?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – This was an HR phone screen. I got a voicemail one afternoon and tried to call back the next day. We had to play phone tag a bit. Fortunately he was very flexible and understood I was on a business trip, so it was very hard to duck out of customer meetings.

He was prepared, having read my resume, and asked relevant questions. All very friendly. The only thing that struck me as funny was that he mentioned the hiring manager was already very close to making an offer to someone else, so the HR person could only try to get the hiring manager to call me. I wondered why I was being screened at all. I suppose to be a backup if the first guy didn't accept the offer.

I called back a week later. The HR person couldn't talk and said he'd get back to me, but didn't.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your company?   Answer Question

Firmware Intern Interview

Firmware Intern
Redwood City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – First i get a call from a HR manager he asked me some basic question.Once that is done i was called some two weeks later for a 1:1 interview with 3 persons .Although it was a firmware position i was asked networking questions by all three interviewer.

Good Luck to all

Interview Questions

Legal Interview

Legal
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in March 2009.

Interview Details – wrote letter to hiring manager; had mutual acquaintance introduce me; 3 interviews of 30 minutes; fast growing company; startup work culture

Interview Question – Do you have experience with complex multi-party agreements   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Silver Spring Networks Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silver Spring Networks Inc. interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Silver Spring Networks Inc. employees and interview candidates.