Silver Spring Networks Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

3.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2014.

There was an initial 30 min HR round where she went over the details of my resume. On the same day I was informed that a manager from the hiring team would be contacting me over the phone. The phone interview was another 30 min process with questions about my current job and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Your resume skills say that you are good at problem solving. Could you give me an example?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between linked lists and array lists in Java?   Answer Question
    • You are a hardware major. Why would you want to do a software job?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in February 2013.

Their recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. However, at the scheduled time, the manager never called and could not be reached. Later I was told the manager had changed his mind.

Interview Questions
    • "We’re still trying to get in contact with the manager"   Answer Question

Platform Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in December 2011.

During the screen and 1:1 interview, I was asked network related questions, as the job description mentioned L2/L3 layer testing and the interviewer mentioned, it is for testing routing features. The group interview consisted mainly firmware related questions and algorithms for programming. All the interviewers were very polite and considerate, though the interview itself was very confusing.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in March 2010.

The interview process included phone screen first with recruiter then with hiring manager. This is followed by 1st round on-site, then 2nd round on-site. The interview process wasn't that difficult, it was to understand my background/experience, my communication/interpersonal skills and how I handled certain work situations. Once completed, the veral offer came within 2 days.

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in December 2011.

Group interview consists of 3 individual. Each conducting 30 minutes of time.
    Mostly asking questions concerning email, and troubleshooting.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between pop3 and IMAP?   View Answer

Software Development Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in May 2011.

0) informal contact
    1) phone interview
    2) set of 4 interviews
    3) set of 4 interviews
    4) one extra interview
    5) they called my references
    6) they checked up on my education certificates
    All in all, each individual person I met was very nice and forthcoming, but the process overall was long-winded, tedious, bureaucratic. Most of the practical aspects and formalities worked well, but the response times between interactions were several weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you apply for this job when you have that other type of experience?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in March 2011.

This was an HR phone screen. I got a voicemail one afternoon and tried to call back the next day. We had to play phone tag a bit. Fortunately he was very flexible and understood I was on a business trip, so it was very hard to duck out of customer meetings.

He was prepared, having read my resume, and asked relevant questions. All very friendly. The only thing that struck me as funny was that he mentioned the hiring manager was already very close to making an offer to someone else, so the HR person could only try to get the hiring manager to call me. I wondered why I was being screened at all. I suppose to be a backup if the first guy didn't accept the offer.

I called back a week later. The HR person couldn't talk and said he'd get back to me, but didn't.

Firmware Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in June 2010.

First i get a call from a HR manager he asked me some basic question.Once that is done i was called some two weeks later for a 1:1 interview with 3 persons .Although it was a firmware position i was asked networking questions by all three interviewer.

Good Luck to all

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Silver Spring Networks Inc. in March 2009.

wrote letter to hiring manager; had mutual acquaintance introduce me; 3 interviews of 30 minutes; fast growing company; startup work culture

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with complex multi-party agreements   Answer Question

Worked for Silver Spring Networks Inc.? Contribute to the Community!