Silverado

Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Worker Interview

Social Worker
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silverado in March 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of emails, calls, testing and interviews, both group and individually. It took a long time. The executive director waffled a lot. I felt uncertain more so than usual.

Interview Question – None really. I am experienced in my field so there was nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I asked for. It was pretty easy once things were set in motion. I was given an incentive to start which was nice.

Very Easy Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Housekeeper
Brookfield, WI

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Silverado.

Interview Details – To get the interview was quite easy. Had to pass a unnecessary questionnaire. During the interview he toured me throughout the place which was nice. He didnt ask me anything about my background. It was just more so a meeting to show me the place. I assumed I had it but at the end he just walked me to the door and said he'd call. which he didnt. The whole process was total bs seeing that i went there in the freaking snow storm just to get a tour. theres only one other housekeeper there.

Interview Question – none it wasnt about me.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Silverado in September 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy. Involved interviewing with at least five people

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Both salary and vacation time were negotiated.

Very Difficult Interview

Silverado Senior Living Interview

Silverado Senior Living
Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Silverado.

Interview Details – The hiring process for an administrator can be lengthy. You will be interviewed individually by all of the senior staff available. Their questions are not structured and each leader basically asks questions pertaining to their specialty.

Interview Question – Meeting with Loren is intense. He is highly cerebral, so be prepared and get a lot of sleep the night before! he will test your dedication to seniors, especially those with dementia.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were generous right off the bat. It was a very fare offer. They also paid a small relocation fee.

LVN Charge Nurse Interview

LVN Charge Nurse

Interviewed at Silverado

Interview Details – a few interviews and tests needed to be done; may take a month or longer; very picky in choosing the right nurse

Interview Question – none that i can rememeber   Answer Question

Community Ambassador Interview

Community Ambassador

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silverado in May 2013.

Interview Details – It seems like I had to talk with everyone in the company. Long and drawn out . They were all very nice except at the end...the "sincerity" was very plastic . Couldn't get a straight answer from anyone. Felt like I was led on and really thought I would get an offer. Then the totally impersonal thanks but no thanks email

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Administrator

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Silverado.

Interview Details – The interview process is rather lengthly as they have to coordinate multiple face to face interviews after you complete two online assessments.

Interview Question – None were unexpected and if you are experienced, one are difficult.   Answer Question

In-house Recruiter Interview

In-house Recruiter
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Silverado in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly quick. Interviewed with the Office Manager, met with the Administrator for final say and was offered the job within 48 hours. Completed the background check and drug screening. Once the results came through (less than a week) I was scheduled for my first day.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are not keen on negotiation. It is a flat offer and acceptance. Any chance to negotiate salary is "looked down upon"

Very Easy Interview

Receptionist/Caregiver Interview

Receptionist/Caregiver
Tustin, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Silverado in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was very typical. Nervous going in but felt at ease when administrator came in.
She asked questions about my resume regarding customer service experience. Basic questions to gain insight on applicants personality. As long as you are a friendly, caring, and articulate person you have nothing to worry about. That's who they are looking for. Smile anddodon't worry, no trick questions, very simple easy questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Silverado? ( like I said, answers were pretty simple).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A.... take it or leave it.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Silverado.

Interview Details – Phone Interview
Panel Interview
Final Interview with Adminstrator

Interview Question – Do you come from a place of fear or love?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another job offer was presented

Worked for Silverado? Contribute to the Community!