Silverchair

Updated Jan 12, 2015

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Silverchair

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Silverchair.

Had 2 interviews at possibly the coolest building in downtown Charlottesville. On the first interview I met with the hiring manager and the UX Director. The second interview was with the project manager of the client account I would be placed on. Both interviews lasted about an hour, everyone friendly and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the most difficult question was the typical "What/when was your hardest challenge and how did you overcome it.." type of question.   Answer Question

It was a difficult decision...but ultimately it came down to choosing a company that offered me rock solid stability. You'll notice some unfavorable reviews here in glassdoor. I presented Silverchair with my concerns after reading these negative reviews and they really went out of their way to address ALL of my questions in detail. Bottom line though whilst I feel the company certainly does has the talent to succeed and WILL turn the corner, my analysis was the company is still in the "turning" phase and hasn't arrived yet to where it wants to be. So this was a great company, great opportunity but just not the right time now situation.

Silverchair Response

Jan 28, 2015Talent Management / HR

Thank you! We're happy to hear you like our space and our team. It is an exciting time for us as we seek out the right challenges and solve new problems.
    Best of luck to you!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Silverchair in March 2012.

2 rounds - met with probably a dozen people in all. They seemed very intent on determining the quality of my work and the depth of my skills. These folks are only after the best, and I found this to be a challenging, but fun, set of interviews. You're not likely to sneak by with a hollow resume.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very technical questions (IP Addressing, DNS rules), which many folks in my role probably would not have been able to answer.   Answer Question
    I was coming from a larger more mature company and was able to negotiate the non-salary components of compensation to achieve near parity. You gotta ask...