Silverpop

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Relationship Specialist Interview

Relationship Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Silverpop in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted by a friend who was an employee of the company- He let me know that there was an open position and that I should apply, I applied and within a day I was contacted to set up a phone interview with HR. after the phone interview with HR I was asked to come in and interview with the individual who would be my direct boss, and then with HIS boss. the interview process was formally informal, and I learned a lot about the processes- it was my first "big kid" interview and I did not know what to expect. I was treated with respect even though I imagine I was one of the least qualified candidates. As a big named company, they definitely made you feel like they were just another family group of high level thinkers trying to achieve a great business and a great working environment in one.

Interview Question – the most interesting question portion of the interview was not necessarily one single question, but a "walk-through" of a typical sale under the interviewer's "professional sales" process. not difficult, but felt like an awkward hoop to jump through in an otherwise normal and casual conversation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Silverpop in September 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interview offer made within a week

Negotiation Details – None

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Silverpop in October 2013.

Interview Details – I started out applying for a Sales Operations Analyst position, but they elected to go with an internal candidate. I was asked if I wanted to be considered for a Marketing Analyst position, so I figured 'what the hey?'

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and we seemed to click. I was invited in to interview with "the team." I arrived at 1:00 and was scheduled for 4 hours of interviews with 5 different people.

I interviewed again with the hiring manager, and again I felt very comfortable. I discussed the weirder aspects of my resume, and my past experience. Then I interviewed with another Marketing/Product manager. That was perfunctory, and I felt it went well.

My third interview was with the web marketing person and she was really confused about what job I was applying for. She was nice, but we didn't really click, I think she was hoping for someone with more of an understanding of web analytics. Not my wheelhouse.

My fourth interview was with their Salesforce.com Analyst. I had interviewed for that job three years ago, so we had a lot in common. I really enjoyed speaking with her and felt that we had bonded over a common philosophy of CRM management.

The fifth interview was with a divisional marketing guy. Super-nice and again, I felt a real connection.

I left feeling really good about the experience.

I sent thank you notes, none of which was acknowledged. I have yet to hear from them.

I think it's pretty crappy that you would ask someone in for this kind of extensive interview and not even send an email saying that you've decided on another candidate.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral stuff, "Tell me about how you would tell a senior manager that he is wrong."   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Technical Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Silverpop in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted application online, HR reached out for background info, then proceeded to send to hiring manager. Telephone screen with hiring manager, then in person interview with hiring manager and some team members.

Face to face interview was established 4 days in advanced. Got to location, no one at front desk to 'let me in' since it was a secure area. Picked up the phone and called the two people who I had on contact list for interview, they were not available. A worker walked by let me in and I told him who I would be meeting with. He got someone else. She seems shocked to see me and really did not want to approach me and asked who I would see. Long story short, the face to face interview went ok, team members generally seemed disinterested and too busy 'putting out fires'.

Director Sales Interview

Director Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Silverpop in June 2012.

Interview Details – slow, but they were carving out a new opportunity, so they had to feel their way through

Interview Question – none, pretty easy on the question, but I have friends there who greased the wheels.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it, not a lot of wiggle.

Talent Operations Specialist - Payroll Interview

Talent Operations Specialist - Payroll
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Silverpop in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and a week later, actual in person interview. Was not asked a lot of questions but was rather told about the company. Did not have a chance to talk about skills and qualifications.

Interview Question – How would you handle certain payroll issues?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Silverpop in January 2009.

Interview Details – Worst hiring process ever. The recruiters hide their phone numbers so you cannot call them directly. If you have questions, you can email them, and they do not respond to them. The most unprofessional process I have ever seen.

Interview Question – Made me do a demo when I didn't give demos'.   Answer Question

Release Manager Interview

Release Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Silverpop in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Release Manager position early March 2012 and had the phone interview on late March 2012. It took approximately three weeks for the phone interview. Several questions about how you would get up to speed once you started, what process would you use to assess your team and responsibilities. Questions about how you would you manage competing priorities, multiple software configurations for customers. Job description was for an AGILE Release Manager, phone interview focused on management experience.

Interview Questions

• How you would you manage competing priorities?   Answer Question
  • How will you get up to speed once you start and what process would you use to assess your team and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Silverpop in September 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred over to Silverpop by an employee that I knew briefly. The interview was extremely informal. I answered their questions, but the interviewers were quite distracted. Both interviewers were in ripped jeans and teeshirts. I asked several leading questions that were all but ignored. The job listing was not very accurate for what they were wanting and and one of the interviewers answered his phone during the interview, in the middle of an answer, and talked loudly in the same room while I was answering the second interviewers questions. I received a call back to come in for a second interview and declined. I didn't believe that I would have been a good fit for the position regardless of how I felt about the interview.

Interview Question – Please describe how you would set up an active directory for this offie.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Silverpop in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email to confirm time for phone interview. Had a phone itnerview with the manager and didn't hear back for around 10 days, after which an email was sent to confirm in person interview times. I was asked to set aside 4 hours for the in person interview. The agenda was mailed where I was scheduled to interview with a bunch of people. Interview went fine, but didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Silverpop? Contribute to the Community!