Simba Technologies

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Simba Technologies.

applied through Coop. interview took less than an hour. Asked mostly behaviour questions,ie. why do you study cs, what is your biggest achievement..etc. only one technical question, which asked to write a function to inverse strings on the board.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Simba Technologies in October 2014.

Through school coop program, got interview about 2 weeks after applying. The interviewer was a really nice guy, who works as a software engineer manager. Friendly, and seems interested in you. No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions
    Pay looked good, just took the offer

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Simba Technologies.

I was given a phone interview, a technical interview, a fit interview then a CEO interview. The interview process was fine and I was confident until the end. I probably didn't impress the CEO as expected but overrall I was satisfied with it. The software engineer managers are very polite.

Junior Developer Interview

two steps process first step is a phone interview, asked about past experiences and schooling . Second interview was inperson technical interview asking c\c++ questions and questions about OOP.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Had a pretty straight forward phone interview with no technical questions followed by an in-person technical interview. Most of the questions were similar to quiz questions you would get from university.

Software Engineer Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Simba Technologies.

It was an on-campus interview, the guy interviewed me asked no technical questions at all. All I did was asking a bunch of questions and I got the job.

Software Developer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Simba Technologies in August 2013.

The phone interview started like a normal interview. The guy who was interviewing me has a heavy accent and the call quality was not great. He asked me the "Tell me about yourself" question but his tone became condescending when he realized that I don't have a lot of experience.

Coop Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Simba Technologies in May 2013.

1 hour in-person interview
    Tell me about yourself?
    Why do you want to join Simba?
    Do you have any idea what we do?
    What are the products we offer?
    ...

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Got a call followed up by a technical interview which lasted 2 hours and then a fit interview with managers. The technical interview focused on programming questions and a reverse the string algorithm problem followed by your standard design a parking lot problem. The fit interview was going well but the last interviewer was rude, pushy, arrogant, and condescending. He spent the entire interview coming up with pointless reasons why he shouldn't hire me, claiming that me being outspoken was a "red flag", and the fact that I wear my engineering ring means "I feel superior to all CS majors". After this barrage of attacks and accusations, he pushed me in to giving him an expected salary. Interview strategy to bring my expected salary down? maybe; coming across as rude and brutish? definitely. It's a cool company to work for, but it comes at a price.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Simba Technologies in April 2013.

Got a pre-screening interview. The person with heavy accent and crappy sound quality conducted the interview, asked about my background and his sound told me he didn't like my experiences. After he asked a question about C++, I felt I provided a not-bad answer, but he apparently wasn't happy about it and refused to go any further and concluded I don't have the skills he needs. I am confused about why he chose to interview me when he didn't like what I wrote on my resume at the first place ,and made the whole process in his biased view