Simba Technologies

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Coop Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview, the guy interviewed me asked no technical questions at all. All I did was asking a bunch of questions and I got the job.

Interview Question – No technical questions..   Answer Question

Software Developer - Entry Level Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Simba Technologies in August 2013.

Interview Details – The phone interview started like a normal interview. The guy who was interviewing me has a heavy accent and the call quality was not great. He asked me the "Tell me about yourself" question but his tone became condescending when he realized that I don't have a lot of experience.

Interview Question – Typical questions nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Coop Software Engineer Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Simba Technologies in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 hour in-person interview
Tell me about yourself?
Why do you want to join Simba?
Do you have any idea what we do?
What are the products we offer?
...

Interview Question – Do you know any products we provide?   View Answer

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Simba Technologies in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a pre-screening interview. The person with heavy accent and crappy sound quality conducted the interview, asked about my background and his sound told me he didn't like my experiences. After he asked a question about C++, I felt I provided a not-bad answer, but he apparently wasn't happy about it and refused to go any further and concluded I don't have the skills he needs. I am confused about why he chose to interview me when he didn't like what I wrote on my resume at the first place ,and made the whole process in his biased view

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview Details – Got a call followed up by a technical interview which lasted 2 hours and then a fit interview with managers. The technical interview focused on programming questions and a reverse the string algorithm problem followed by your standard design a parking lot problem. The fit interview was going well but the last interviewer was rude, pushy, arrogant, and condescending. He spent the entire interview coming up with pointless reasons why he shouldn't hire me, claiming that me being outspoken was a "red flag", and the fact that I wear my engineering ring means "I feel superior to all CS majors". After this barrage of attacks and accusations, he pushed me in to giving him an expected salary. Interview strategy to bring my expected salary down? maybe; coming across as rude and brutish? definitely. It's a cool company to work for, but it comes at a price.

Interview Question – none...   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview Details – Apply from Co-op office. Got an invitation and went for the on site interview. A lot of behaviour questions, only one technical question to inverse a string and test it.

Interview Question – if your partner doesn't work hard, what will you do?   View Answer

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed at Simba Technologies in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very organized, and the telephone screen was quite pleasant. Seemed to look for hardcore C and C++ programmers.

Interview Question – Write a function to search for a substring in a search string.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Simba Technologies.

Interview Details – in person interview...not too technical

Software Engineer Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Simba Technologies in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got phone interview!
the interviewer with this heavy accent asked me a couple of easy questions about C++, OO and data structure!
the day after got email saying that I don't have the skills!
That was B.S.

Interview Questions

Software Developer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Simba Technologies in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied with resume. Several days nearly one week later, got an email from mgr about setting up the technical phone screening interview. That technical phone screening interview is not hard. Asked some basic questions about yourself, education, then asked data structure and C++ questions. After I passed the technical phone screening interview, I got the invitation for on-site interview. Easy to find the place, just beside a big street. It is a two people's group interview. Asked some basic C++ questions, such as pointers, virtual functions, inheritance, memory leaks, and so on. The company is small, but looks nice and comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Simba Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Simba Technologies interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Simba Technologies employees and interview candidates.