Simmons Bedding

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Production Supervisor Interview

Janesville, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Simmons Bedding in December 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter initially contacted me and did a short interview, then HR contacted me for a phone interview (lasted about an hour), then the Plant Manager and I did another phone interview (again about an hour), was brought in for a face to face panel interview (they use the star format) that lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Question – Pretty standard, HR did ask repeatedly what it would take to get me to leave my current position.   View Answer

Credit Manager - Hospitality Sales Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Simmons Bedding in April 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was 15 minutes long and really only covered my background. The volume of the position I was interviewing for was never mentioned.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
San Leandro, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simmons Bedding in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who made it seem like a great opportunity. Interview was scheduled and the HR Manager told me she would call me back to confirm date and time, she never did, so I did not show and she and the recruiter called me wondering where I was and I told her she said she was going to call and never did. I finally get in an the questions were pretty standard. They asked me if I had questions. Of course I did but, after accepting job, I realized that their responsed were lies.

Interview Question – Nothing really. The questions were pretty standard. I felt like it didn't matter what I said as long as I was interested, they were too. Almost too eager because it is a difficult place to work. i would not recommend it on my worst enemy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Horrible. They offered 2 weeks of vacation and I was requesting 3 as that was what I was walking away from. I was told that corporate said no that 2 was the maximum, and then I find out that they gave 2 other people 3 when they requested. The benefit package was a big lie. I was told a price of $90 every 2 weeks for a family and it was actually $360 for some crappy benefits.

Quilt Machine Operator Interview

Quilt Machine Operator
San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Simmons Bedding in September 2010.

Interview Details – They just wanted to know about previous factory work experience. it's a factory job so no complicated questions.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was take it or leave it. No real negotiation involved

Human Resources Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview Details – Panel interview

Negotiation Details – there was none

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview Details – Panel interview of peer, subordinate, superior

Interview Question – Past experiences   Answer Question

Retail Account Specialist Interview

Retail Account Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview Details – Applied for the position on line. Received an email from the hiring manager very quickly (within the hour). Hiring Mgr had a few questions based upon background. Hiring Mgr asked for me to confirm with him the following week when the in person interview would be set up.
Upon calling the hiring mgr I was confirmed for the date and time. I knew that there were 3 other canididates beside myself.
I then recieved an email from the HR Mgr indicating my scheduled interview time. The fact that they use the STAR Interview Process was emphasized to me several times. I was informed that I would be meeting with the hiring mgr and the director of sales for the region.

My interview consisted of 4 parts, information about my background and experience, information about the job opportunity, my questions related to the job, overall company questions. The whole structure felt like the least organic or natural interview I have ever been a part of.

The final wrap up was the most awkward in my opinion. The director of sales who seem preoccupied through most of the interview concluded our time together with whether I was a fan of both our football and basketball pro sports teams. I answered the questions the honest, yes and no (teams respectively). It may have been pure curiousity, but it felt like he was digging for something deeper. My knowledge of athletics, my sexuality (I'm a male, stereotypically gay men do not know about sports). Which I am gay, but had no reason to disclose that in an interview process. It was an awkward way to wrap up interview an interview process in my opinion.

Finally, also odd was that the HR Mgr was on conference call in the room throughout the interview process, they would refer to him for any questions, yet he did not ask one.

Interview Question – Discribe one thing that you disobeyed your boss, but it turned out for a positive result.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Hazleton, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simmons Bedding in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consists of a panel interview with department supervisor and HR manager. There were a lot of questions that asked to name a certain situation, what were the events, what did you do, and what was the outcome. None of them seemed relevant to the actual job. They want to see how you react in certain situations.

Interview Question – Can you tell me of a time you noticed someone doing something they weren't supposed to? What did you say or do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Simmons Bedding in January 2009.

Interview Details – Interview at Simmons was a large panel interview that was semi formal and consisted of people from the the department i was interviewing for and similar departments along with HR. The questiones seem to be very bland and not particular to the exact job function i was trying to get.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – no

Factory Worker Interview

Delta, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Simmons Bedding.

Interview Details – Extremely short process. Basically if you could barely speak english and agree to work overtime, you get the job. I recomend this job to anyone who is not career motivated and can handle repetitive work.

Interview Question – Do you speak english?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Simmons Bedding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Simmons Bedding interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Simmons Bedding employees and interview candidates.