Simon Fraser University Interview Questions in Burnaby, BC

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.2

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with team leads, very standard and lots of behaviour questions, not a lot of technical question. After 2 rounds of interviews they asked for reference check, however they never contacted any. I sent two Emails just to get an update, no responses, like you never existed. Do not ask for reference list if you were not intended to call, and also why not reply Emails for just a quick update? that's just not respectful !!

Communications & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

1-hour interview with a 3-4 person committee, in basket testing, intensive background check and they call all your references. having a portfolio is ideal but not requested. hr makes sure you qualify for every single job description.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

I contacted him about writing a research grant together to obtain funding for a new project. We met and I presented the research plan on a powerpoint and he went through each slide to ask about details. I was given a tour of the lab and met future coworkers who were very friendly. We applied for a grant which was approved and we started the work.

Interview Questions

• The whole process was more of a discussion than deliberate questioning, so, there was no difficult question per se.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

organized, structured interview process comprising three segments, a meet-and-greet with would-be colleagues in order to assess fit (ostensibly), a skills test on computer, and a panel interview with the hiring committee tough questions on the panel interview, but, fair and reasonable questions were asked - great breadth and depth of questions, however

Interview Questions

• List a number of relevant agencies pertaining to the subject matter.   Answer Question

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

2 interviews, first one with the manager, second with two managers and director. They were all warm and friendly, asked some behavioural questions as well as doing a test for some payroll principles.

Interview Questions

• Name an example where you had conflict or disagreement with colleague, and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Simon Fraser University (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2007.

Interview

I applied for the position after seeing a posting on a website. I applied for the position by emailing my coverletter and CV to the contact person. I received a telephone call from the contact person in approximately 2 weeks, which was about 8 weeks before the start date of the job. I met with the contact and had a very pleasent conversation regarding my background. I was shown the size of the lab I will be a part of.

Interview Questions

• Why have I decided not to pursue research and instead chose just teaching.   Answer Question