Simon Fraser University

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Simon Fraser University in June 2013.

I contacted him about writing a research grant together to obtain funding for a new project. We met and I presented the research plan on a powerpoint and he went through each slide to ask about details. I was given a tour of the lab and met future coworkers who were very friendly. We applied for a grant which was approved and we started the work.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process was more of a discussion than deliberate questioning, so, there was no difficult question per se.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Simon Fraser University in March 2012.

organized, structured interview process comprising three segments, a meet-and-greet with would-be colleagues in order to assess fit (ostensibly), a skills test on computer, and a panel interview with the hiring committee

tough questions on the panel interview, but, fair and reasonable questions were asked - great breadth and depth of questions, however

Interview Questions
    • List a number of relevant agencies pertaining to the subject matter.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Simon Fraser University in September 2007.

I applied for the position after seeing a posting on a website. I applied for the position by emailing my coverletter and CV to the contact person. I received a telephone call from the contact person in approximately 2 weeks, which was about 8 weeks before the start date of the job. I met with the contact and had a very pleasent conversation regarding my background. I was shown the size of the lab I will be a part of.

Interview Questions
    • Why have I decided not to pursue research and instead chose just teaching.   Answer Question