Simon-Kucher & Partners Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

23 interviews

3.2

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in October 2013.

Recruited on campus. Round one was a simple 30 min pricing case.

Other Interview Reviews for Simon-Kucher & Partners

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in July 2011.

There were 3 phone interviews and one in-person interview that lasted almost all day. The onsite interview consisted of a short math test of 10 questions. They expect all applicants to get between 8 and 10 and aren't very impressed by a perfect score. After the test you meet with 3 partners and go through case questions. 2 of the 3 cases had a correct answer and the thirds case was focused on how you thought.

Consultant Interview

Initial interview on campus, second round on site. Coordination by recruiter was somewhat disorganized; the company needs to improve recruiting personnel as I do believe that it has much to offer that could be tarnished by a negative first impression.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a case that the partner had worked with and had 20 min to build conclusions out of, it was challenging to draw conclusions from so much data!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in December 2011.

Got a call from a consultant and then scheduled an interview within one week. It took about 45 min. 20 min to go through some points of the resume, why consulting and why SKP. Then a quantitative case for pricing. The interviewer was very friendly and gave some suggestions during the case. In the end, the interviewer answered my questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in October 2011.

Superday consisted of three 45 minute long cases with one 45 minute long 'behavioral interview'. They place a lot of emphasis on pricing strategies and they want to know that you are interested in pricing independently (ask you about products you like etc)

Interview Questions
    • What is a product that you think is inefficiently priced?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in April 2011.

Interview process started with multiple phone interviews (2). Each one was about 45 minutes and length, half of which was used for fit questions and half of which was used for case studies. After this, flew out to SF and had full day interview. Met with approximately 5 different consultants and each did fit questions and a case study.

Never heard final response despite numerous phone calls and emails. Company seems ok, but no dedicated HR and unprofessional in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Business case- about telecommunications bundling (tv, phone, and internet) and finding the right price point to max profits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in February 2011.

Had initial first round interview. Discussed what attracted me to the company. Case question involving pricing new pharmaceutical drug in the US.

Second round phone interview. More about who I was. What do you do for fun? Case question about telecommunication pricing problem. It wasn't a difficult question, but I didn't answer it in the way the interviewer wanted me to. No job offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in June 2010.

Standard resume review + case.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate market size of Japanese incontinence   Answer Question
    • Case question regarding falling sales of new drug in Japanese market   Answer Question

Better offer

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in April 2010.

I applied online at my university's career website and had a first round interview on campus. The company followed up with me about a week and a half later regarding a second round interview on-site. The on-site interview was a half day event with 4 interviews among 4 different consultants or partners, along with lunch with a consultant. I was given 3 cases among the 4 interviews and a math assessment that resembled SAT I math type questions. A day after my on-site interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the considerations for a pharmaceutical company as it tries to market a new drug?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict in a team environment?   Answer Question

I had a good overall impression of the company but I had another offer in the finance industry that interested me more.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in October 2009.

Singed up online, was scheduled to do a phone interview. Sometimes there are two rounds of phone interviews. I had a second interview where they brought me to Headquarters and followed through with 6 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were confused and figured it all out   Answer Question

Worked for Simon-Kucher & Partners? Contribute to the Community!