Simon-Kucher & Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Life Sciences Consultant Intern Interview

Life Sciences Consultant Intern
Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interviews coordinated over phone. I sent in my application to my school's job board, and within a week I was scheduled for my first phone interview, which was a case question with some fit. A few days later I had my second phone interview, which was shorter and all fit. The next day, I was called in for a final round interview at the Boston office. The super-day consisted of 3 interviews and a written math test.

Interview Question – Written math test   View Answer

Interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners

Interview Details – It was two rounds- one on campus, one at the site. Pretty standard, pricing questions, all cases. I met with one guy who was a director at my career center, and 3 people there- a partner and 2 MDs

Interview Question – There was a case question about pricing, so yeah, study that. Know the pricing models, I didn't know it too well before my first interview, and it was difficult for me for that reason. Additionally, be prepared to think outside the box and actually utilize any economic background/understanding you have. I didn't know pricing strategy, but I used my Microecon knowledge to work through some of the details. It helps to read some consulting guides   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation, flat salary for interns

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email for an initial behavioral phone interview. I spoke with a consultant in the life sciences division, and the interview consisted of questions like "Why Simon-Kucher?" "How do you deal with tough deadlines?" and "When was a time you faced a difficult challenge?" I was not contacted for further interviews.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult choice you made during the past year?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

Interview Details – The NY office reached out with a phone interview. It consisted of some general questions and a 30-45min case. The case was pretty basic retrospectively, but I had no experience previously. I imagine anyone who spends some time practicing will get past the first round.

Interview Question – Just make sure you understand their firm ideals. Cases will surround pricing; probably won't talk about costs.   Answer Question

Life Science Consultant Intern Interview

Life Science Consultant Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

Interview Details – Round 1 interview

Interview Question – Behavior/fit questions were generic. Talk about your relevant experiences, Why SKP, Why consulting, What do you do for fun during your spare time.

Do you have any questions for me?

Case study was about the TIMES newspaper deciding whether or not to convert from print to tablet app. The case study had a 5 part question/calculations for it. 1) Had to calculate the revenue for both. 2) Calculate gross revenue plus advertisement 3) Pricing strategy for the tablet app 4) Name strategies to increase revenue for the tablet 5) Summarize everything for the CEO of the newspaper
- Had to ask about competitors (size and costs)
- # of Subscribers and price
The case study was extremely number-y. Must know how to do simple math fast.
  Answer Question

Entry - Level Consultant Interview

Entry - Level Consultant

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for SKP by reaching directly to the recruiting manager. I was emailed back a few days later with information about interviewing. Later that week I interviewed with a senior consultant. Basic interview, behavioral, tell me about yourself, with do you like SKP and then a case (the recruiter had not informed me that there would be a case, but it wasn't bad - pharmaceuticals and pricing).

Really liked my interviewer and the HR manager. Got a chance to talk to another consultant to get a better understanding of the company and the work.

I got invited to seconds rounds and will be interviewing in 2 weeks.

Interview Question – The case had lots of numbers and percentages which were more difficult than I was expecting for a phone interview   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruited on campus. Round one was a simple 30 min pricing case.

Interview Question – What price should we make our new drug   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in July 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 phone interviews and one in-person interview that lasted almost all day. The onsite interview consisted of a short math test of 10 questions. They expect all applicants to get between 8 and 10 and aren't very impressed by a perfect score. After the test you meet with 3 partners and go through case questions. 2 of the 3 cases had a correct answer and the thirds case was focused on how you thought.

Interview Question – 3 case interview questions.   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in March 2012.

Interview Details – First I had a campus interview. The interviewer gave me one case study which was not that hard. Afterwards, I get a whole day on-site interview. I met with 5 people and also had lunch with two analysts. Most of the questions are case studies or introducing yourself or talking about a project I have done. Questions are not too hard, but might be tricky.

The recruiter or the admin who contacted me was very unprofessional. She confirmed at the very last minute of my on-site interview. What is worse, they never get back to me after my interview, not even an rejection letter.

Interview Question – How will you price a new toothpaste that is just going to release to the market?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Intern Interview

Summer Analyst Intern
New York, NY

Interview Details – Applied through school and received first round interview. The interview was half behavioral and half a case study. The case was about pricing a pharmaceutical product. The case itself wasn't that difficult, but I mixed up the numbers on one calculation. Ultimately, that was most likely my downfall.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at SKP?   Answer Question

Worked for Simon-Kucher & Partners? Contribute to the Community!