Simon-Kucher & Partners

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.3

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

First round is typically 2 phone interviews or 1 on campus in person interview, which consists case and fit. Then got invited to on site super day interview, where you will interview with 3 people and do a lunch with a couple of consultants and other candidates. Interviews on super day have the same format as first round, i.e. case+fit, all cases will last about 30-40mins, and 10-15mins for fit interview. Overall pretty smooth process and great people to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, case interviews is related to the work they do   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

First round interview was on campus. After a week, received reply about In-office second round. Second round was a half day, you get to choose to end with lunch or start with lunch. They gave a company presentation, and there was a math test before individual interviews. 3 interviews: with senior consultant, partner and managing partner. All case based. Very quantitative. Managing partner gave a 3-page article on AIDS, need to read in 10 min and answer questions from the managing partner.

Interview Questions
    • one interview was asking to build a model for price estimation. Didn't expect this.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Resume drop, then 2 rounds of phone interviews a week or so later, one case and one fit. Then a final round of interviews at the office, with 3 total interviews (two partners and a director). One of the partners called me a couple hours later to notify me of the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, a market sizing question on football games.   Answer Question

Consultant Level IV Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The final round have a director interview and a partner interview. Similar to any consulting interviewee led case interviews. Culture fit is an important consideration. So is the background.

Interview Questions
    • A maths test at the start of the interview day which was unexpected.   Answer Question
    not flexible

Life Sciences Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in July 2014.

Applied through university recruiting and got a first-round phone interview. The interview was 15 minutes of fit and a 30-minute case. The interviewer was friendly and gave me good feedback afterward as well.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate revenues of a drug released in Canada   View Answer

Intern Interview

It was two rounds- one on campus, one at the site. Pretty standard, pricing questions, all cases. I met with one guy who was a director at my career center, and 3 people there- a partner and 2 MDs

Interview Questions
    • There was a case question about pricing, so yeah, study that. Know the pricing models, I didn't know it too well before my first interview, and it was difficult for me for that reason. Additionally, be prepared to think outside the box and actually utilize any economic background/understanding you have. I didn't know pricing strategy, but I used my Microecon knowledge to work through some of the details. It helps to read some consulting guides   Answer Question
    No negotation, flat salary for interns

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

I was contacted by email for an initial behavioral phone interview. I spoke with a consultant in the life sciences division, and the interview consisted of questions like "Why Simon-Kucher?" "How do you deal with tough deadlines?" and "When was a time you faced a difficult challenge?" I was not contacted for further interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult choice you made during the past year?   Answer Question

Life Sciences Consultant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners in March 2014.

Interviews coordinated over phone. I sent in my application to my school's job board, and within a week I was scheduled for my first phone interview, which was a case question with some fit. A few days later I had my second phone interview, which was shorter and all fit. The next day, I was called in for a final round interview at the Boston office. The super-day consisted of 3 interviews and a written math test.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

The NY office reached out with a phone interview. It consisted of some general questions and a 30-45min case. The case was pretty basic retrospectively, but I had no experience previously. I imagine anyone who spends some time practicing will get past the first round.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you understand their firm ideals. Cases will surround pricing; probably won't talk about costs.   Answer Question

Life Science Consultant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Simon-Kucher & Partners.

Round 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavior/fit questions were generic. Talk about your relevant experiences, Why SKP, Why consulting, What do you do for fun during your spare time.

Do you have any questions for me?

Case study was about the TIMES newspaper deciding whether or not to convert from print to tablet app. The case study had a 5 part question/calculations for it. 1) Had to calculate the revenue for both. 2) Calculate gross revenue plus advertisement 3) Pricing strategy for the tablet app 4) Name strategies to increase revenue for the tablet 5) Summarize everything for the CEO of the newspaper
      - Had to ask about competitors (size and costs)
      - # of Subscribers and price
      The case study was extremely number-y. Must know how to do simple math fast.

Answer Question