Simon Property Group

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

2.5

Marketing Administrator Interview

interviewed at Simon Property Group in December 2014.

Easy Phone Interview, CRAZY Online Testing and then face to face interview. In a huge rush to fill the position- wanted start darte to be in less than 2 weeks. And that was at the phone interview stage. Lots of chaos and interuptions during the phone interview. Next, was the online IQ Test which I wasn't told was an IQ Test. The test is supposed to be 1 hour- no way it was almost a 2 hour test for me. They emailed to schedule the face to face interview very quickly after the test was complete I didn't want to move forward at that point.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for a 2 part personality assessment, Math section similar to the SAT, vocabulary with synonyms and last but not least get ready for those analogies. My oh my, this is beyond words for a Part-Time Administrative job. And the best part (sarcasm of course) was it took me almost 2 hours to complete this. I'm confident I scored high due to the quick response from them to move to the next phase but I'm not interested at this point.   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Simon Property Group in December 2014.

Phone interview and then a personal interview by 2 individuals. Assured me I would be notified within a week about the position. Never heard from them and I emailed both of them and emailed the person that handled the phone interview. I find this to be very unprofessional.

Mall Manager Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Simon Property Group.

Hiring process takes place in three stages. First interview to weed out, second interview for follow up and the final for an on-site interview with at least three company members. At least two from Human Resources and one from the respective department. You will be asked the same basic questions during each interview. The purpose may be able to get a group approval in your favor. Interview is behavioral and fit based.

Interview Questions
    • As long as you know your resume you will be fine. Basically, be able to explain why each part of your resume is relevant to the company. You want to be articulate and show ownership in what you have done.   Answer Question

Regional Business Development Interview

Without a doubt the most unprofessional interview I ever experienced! Two interviewers from different parts of the country. One buttoned up and professional, the other slouched and looking like he had a hard night before
    Simple on site interview, asked to prepare two post interview documents and sample presentations for submission. After working a number of hours on the document follow up, not so much as a courtesy acknowledgement!!
    I read some of the reviews of this copany that were less than positive. Believe them all after this experience of mine!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very difficult, just the follow up presentation materials   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Simon Property Group in October 2014.

I responded to the ad placed on Craiglist with my resume, the office administor replied by email with a time to interview that same week. It was a casual, open interview and she gave me complete details of what the job entailed. She only asked me a few questions, which were basic questions if I could handle change, liked customer service, experience with computer programs and what my greatest weakness was. She asked me to go online and fill out their application and then take an assessment.

Marketing Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Simon Property Group.

Was contacted for my availability and had an interview set up that week. I met with one person (Marketing Director), who was very pleasant and passionate about her job. All of the questions were pretty run of the mill (What do you know about Simon?, why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?). Found out a lot of information about the job through the interview that made it seem more administrative than marketing-based.

Interview Questions

Seemed more administrative than marketing-based, would have to work guest relations booth in the mall if it was under-staffed, didn't seem like it fit with my career goals.

Marketing Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Simon Property Group.

After submitting initial application/resume I had a phone interview. I was then invited in to meet with the Director of Marketing & Business Development. I was invited back for testing a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how do I handle stress. I was also asked how I would handle an angry customer.   Answer Question

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Simon Property Group.

I was initially contacted for a phone interview and was told the information would be passed along to the hiring manager. I was then contacted to come in for a face to face interview and given the itenerary. It was going to be 3 hours (ended up more like 2.5) where I met once with one pair of managers, and for the next hour I met with another set. Before and after these sessions, I met with HR for any questions that I had.

Interview Questions
    • "Can you tell us about your resume"-- This is difficult because it is hard to spit out the same thing over and over and over again, especially when I'm saying nothing much different than what is written.   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

So far there has been a phone interview and there will be a face to face interview. The interview process seems to be very simple. The questions so far have been straight forward and to the point and relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have not had fact to face interview yet. Interviewer very polite and professional.   Answer Question

Marketing Administrator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Simon Property Group.

Very comfortable and informal. Very detailed job description. Toured office and met everyone. Very relaxed. I was given a skills assessment test and contacted within a week for a final interview and then called within about another week to start. Fairly painless interview process except for waiting to hear back.