SimplexGrinnell

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Support Coordinator Interview

Service Support Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell.

Interview Details – The interview was very basic, I was interviewed by (3) different managers. They explain what the role/position is, telling you what to expect. You won't know what they are talking about until you really get yourself into the business.

Service Technician Interview

Service Technician
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted in person

Interview Question – A test on electronics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They told me what the job paid and I accepted.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Accounts Receivable
Westminster, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first and then I was called in for an in person interview with multiple managers of the department.

Reason for Declining – Job wasn't as desirable as I had thought

Regional Business Development Manager Interview

Regional Business Development Manager
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed in Albuquerque with regional manager and four other employees at one time. They call it a panel. This was after two phone interviews. Having asked my own questions I realized that the panel was not on the same page or seem to understand what the vision is for their region. Heard a lot of negative commits from manufacturers about the office just prior to the interview and Simplex in general. Decided to go ahead with interview to form my own opinion. Wish I did not go. Clearly not a good fit for me. Traveling from out of state, the regional manager said my travel expenses would be reimbursed. After three months I'm still waiting.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Same generic questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Shop Technician I Interview

Shop Technician I
South Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell in February 2012.

Interview Details – Knew someone, who knew someone, who knew there was an opening for an entry level job. Called the office and I had an interview that week. Met with a department supervisor and talked about the job and what it entailed. Was asked about any personal physical limitations from walking or lifting more than 70lbs which may preclude from employment consideration.

Interview Question – For entry level there were no difficult questions. more of a personality interview. A lot of blue collar technician type guys that like regular guy stuff & sports.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They knew I really needed a job so there was no pay negotiation, but they were afraid I would leave before 1 year because of low pay. 2nd interview was do you really want this job?

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

Interviewed at SimplexGrinnell

Interview Details – Use Taleo. Process is lengthy

Interview Question – Standard Q & A's   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Miami, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell in June 2012.

Interview Details – process is very slow, took almost a month after we agreed on the position

Interview Question – explain what you would do if a manager asked you to do something unethical   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Dispatcher
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had submitted my résumé to Monster and received a phone call the next day to arrange for an interview. I went in and interviewed with the Total Service Manager and the District Manager. I received a call a day or two later with a job offer.

Interview Question – All were standard questions regarding work ethic   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, it was my first job out of college

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell.

Interview Details – Transfer from one job title to another within the same company. Interview process was perfunctory as they had their own idea of who they wanted. No pay raise was offered - they said it was a 'vertical move'.

Interview Question – Unfortunately there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. They said they wanted me to take the job, I accepted. that was it. No pay raise, no benefits change. just more responsibility

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SimplexGrinnell in January 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from a very nice recruiter. She said she had sent my resume to the regional manager and he wanted to speak with me right away. I told he could go ahead and call anytime. He called me a couple of hours later; very nice guy. He asked me about my experience and may resume. He then asked me how I would go about selling a customer. I told him I would start by asking questions. He then said "I find that hard to believe, you have talked a lot during this interview." Well he did ask about me and my experience; I took it as something he used it as something to throw me off. I then asked him some closing question: Would agree that I have the experience and track record you're looking for? He said yes. I said good so what is our next step. He said well if you make it to the next step you will have to take the Chally test. Then he gave me his selling philosophy. "He said most people have the perception of sales people as tall, handsome, and fast talking people." "I believe that sales people need to really take care of the needs of the customer." I said I totally agree but I must warn you, I am kind of handsome. He laughed and said I would probably move to the next level.

A couple hours later the recruiter called me and said he really liked me and I would get another interview. In the mean time they would send me the Chally test. Got the test took it on Friday got a call on Monday that they had lowered the field to me and two others and I had scored the highest on the test. The interview was to be on Thursday at 9:00 AM and they wanted me prepare a presentation on how I would do the job in the first 90 days. I did quite a bit of research and put together what I thought was a good presentation.

Thursday at 9:00 I met the operations manager and the regional guy I had talked to on the phone. The asked a lot of questions, I also talked a lot and everything for the first hour and forty five minutes seemed to be going very well. Then I asked what had happened to the previous rep and the rep before that? Neither rep had lasted a full year but I have been in the business for a while many reps don't make it. Then I asked what the territory sales were; the number was so small I blurted out: HOW DO YOU PLAN TO PAY ME ON THOSE KIND OF SALES? They said well how much money do you need? I gave them a hard number which was dumb and the whole tone of the interview changed.(the recruiter had told me the number) I asked what the thought of my presentation? Which was a step by step of how I would go about selling some of the market segments. The Regional said he was really looking for a 90 day decision matrix. Beautiful, a decision matrix, okay. Then he began asking me some accountability questions: call reports and such and now my mood had changed and I was no longer interested and they were not either. Basically, I walked out of the meeting without shaking any hands.

Interview Question – two hours worth of questions   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for SimplexGrinnell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SimplexGrinnell interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by SimplexGrinnell employees and interview candidates.