SimplexGrinnell Service Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SimplexGrinnell in December 2009.

Received request for interview and met with District Manager and a Corporate HR rep. Interview went well. Thanked both interviewers for the interview. Was told to expect notification of status within 2 weeks - didn't hear anything. Contacted the company and received request from DM to meet for a brief lunch meeting. DM conveyed strong interest in me for the position, but that I had to meet with Regional manager first. That meeting wouldn't take place for another 20 days or so. I agreed to wait. One week later received email saying that RM would be in a town 5 hours away from my location and would I be interested in travelling with him to that meeting. I agreed and made a 10 hour drive with a person that I didn't know very well and had a formal interview with the DM and the RM. The RM left in the middle of the interview for some reason and came back all flustered. Then they asked me to wait in the conference room while they interviewed another (internal) candidate for the same position I was interviewing for. Obviously I had to wait. After the interview and during the (5 hr) ride back home with the DM, the DM said that he still preferred me for the position and not the other candidate. We concluded the trip on good terms. He told me he would contact me. I sent thank you emails to the DM and the RM. The RM responded saying that he really liked my qualifications and the DM would contact me within the next 5 days. The DM never replied. 5 days went by and I heard nothing. I sent a follow up email to the DM requesting status of my application within the following 2 weeks. I never received a response from anyone at all. All emails were ignored. I am impressed by the company, but I never expected to have been treated so unprofessionally. The ignoring of my emails and lack of professionalism to even politely reject my application is beyond my comprehension. If you apply for this company - beware! Don't take anything they say at face value.

Interview Questions