Simply Hired

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Simply Hired

Interview Details – Fairly quick process and base pay is fair, not a complicated process and it was fairly easy and all in all. Several phone screens as well. Interviews were simple and to the point as I've mentioned more than once here

Negotiation Details – minimal

Associate Content Solution Engineer Interview

Associate Content Solution Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Simply Hired.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recruiter contacted me through email and I asked me when I was available for a phone interview. We set up a phone interview with the hiring manager for a Wednesday. The hiring manager called me on the scheduled time. He asked me a few technical questions which were difficult to answer. Actually I could not answer most of them. He was going through my resume with me. After the interview he wanted to schedule an on-site interview on Thursday or Friday. I could not schedule for Thursday or Friday because I told him I would be on vacation. He said if hire someone before then he would not bring me any more. I was only in Hawaii for a week and contacted the recruiter again and Simply Hired did not want to schedule another on-site interview with me because they decided to go with another candidate that has been in the process. It has been about a month and the job is still posted on their site.

Interview Question – What are the basic concepts of OOP?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Simply Hired.

Interview Details – Applied online. A few email exchanges for the first phone screen. Afterwards I got called into their main office. Short tour after I arrived. During the in-person interview I met with all the team leads--it wasn't really a dialog and felt really rushed. The drill is this: Lead comes in, gives a short introduction, you give yours, then you get an algorithm question. It was a little frustrating because my experience had little to do with the interview content.

Interview Question – Just algorithm questions; bubble sort, time-tallying from a log file, substring/position matching (without using built-in functions)   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Data Science Intern Interview

Data Science Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Simply Hired in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview questions are all about data science, especially in information retrieval.

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Simply Hired in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screening

Interview Question – Interviewer asked about my current project. She failed to understand my project (interviewers from other companies do understand it and were impressed!) and said "I don't exactly understand your work and strengths, you are not good fit for this position". Then she went on to ask me few basic algorithmic questions which I did it with O(n) time complexity, she was not at all interested in solution and said this trick will work but it is not correct solution. Through out the phone call she made it a point to convey that I am not a good fit (I felt she had already considered someone and my interview was just a formality.) Waste of time for both of us!   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in August 2013.

Interview Details – On site interview was delayed for an hour for a 2 hour time slot which they apologized profusely. One interviewer was late, rude, unprepared and seemed irritated that his morning was interrupted by an interview. Not everyone was like this.

Interview Question – Not so much a question as a statement. "You should have looked at the product before the interview"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Simply Hired

Interview Details – Worst interview ever, the interviewer ask me one open-ended problem, but what he want to see is if I can come up with the exact same solution that he has.

Interview Question – open ended problem   Answer Question

Mountain View, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in March 2012.

Interview Details – I talked to them at the career fair. Several weeks later, I had an 1:1 interview with one of the engineers there. The questions weren't hard and I made it to the on-site interview which should supposedly consist of three interviews and one lunch with the staff. The HR was very nice who gave me a ride from calTrain to the company. They just relocated to a new office building which looks very vacant and the office was almost empty. Two senior staff interviewed me. The interviews were limited to around 30-40 minutes. For the first one, the interviewer spent around 15min to 20min talking about his view on the company which didn't seem very positive. Then he gave me a very vague questions which initially I didn't know either was a brain tease or a technical question. We in the end ran out of time. For the second one, the interviewer gave me a technical question and a brain tease. While I was waiting for the third interview, the HR came in saying that they weren't satisfied with my performance and decided to terminate the interview process. I was walked out of the office building five minutes later. I guess who they are looking for are people who can come up with the solutions quickly. But at the same time, I was very disappointed at their attitude towards candidates: if they want you, they greet you; if they don't, they want you out of their office immediately like trash.

Interview Questions

• How to find the node where two linked lists are joined?   Answer Question
  • How to find the start position with an empty tank, provided that you have a number of gas stations with same amount of gas but unknown distance between each other?   Answer Question
  • Bit manipulation, how to find the number of 1s in a binary number.   View Answer
  • Brain tease, how to find the stack with 1 more coin among 9 other stacks with same number coins and a weigh.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a technical phone interview wasn't very difficult. Immediately after that had an onsite interview. Around four 1:1 interview all of them white board coding. I did well in three of the interviews, last one was bit vague but I did code the entire problem. Overall went well seemed to have cracked the interviews but didn't get an offer saying my background does not match the position. No idea what went wrong. (1st and 2nd interview were flawless).

Interview Questions

• Find common node of two singly linked list given the heads of two nodes.   View Answer
  • Find permutations of all alphabets in a given number eg: 1->abc, 2->def, and so on so i/p: 12 o/p: ad ae af bd be bf cd ce cf
    and now generalize for 10 digit number
      View Answer

Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and they asked me to do a phone interview. Phone Interview went very well. The interviewer gave a coding problem and asked to discuss the solution and its best and worst case scenarios.Next the recruiter contacted me and asked for scheduling a onsite meeting including lunch. Met with 5 interviewers on same day. Interview wasnt tough. May be they want to come up with solution faster. Questions included how does web browser works, bit manipulation, simple algorithm. Mostly they were looking for ppl with more of css and html knowledge.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Simply Hired? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Simply Hired interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Simply Hired employees and interview candidates.