Simply Hired

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Simply Hired in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview went okay - they were polite/nice. No follow up.

Interview Question – Some technical questions about detecting values in linked lists.   Answer Question

Program Manager - Small Business Interview

Program Manager - Small Business
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in August 2011.

Interview Details – I found this posting via their web site. I was initially emailed to schedule a phone interview and thought he was very nice and professional and easy to speak with.

I came in to meet with the VP of Small Business and I found her rather pleasant and really enjoyed speaking with her and hearing her vision for her sector of the company. We met for a little bit after an hour.

I came back a week later to meet with 5 additional managers one being the President of the company. I enjoyed meeting with all of them, but was somewhat shocked at the negativity of the Product Manager. I spent almost 5 hours there.

Many of them had general questions and the president and customer relations manager broke my resume down so make sure not to have any typos (which I realized I did in the interview).

Overall, I thought they were very intelligent with exception to the negativity and/or overwhelmed vibe I got from the Product Manager.

Interview Question – Who were you in high school?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Simply Hired in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was difficult to get in touch with on phone or through e-mail. Office and staff looked unorganized and unkept. Hiring manager was pleasant and the interview seemed to go in the right direction. Education and experience was a threat to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – How will your manager describe you?   View Answer

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Linux Systems Administrator
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Simply Hired in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were two phone screens, one very short one with a recruiter and another with the hiring manager, mostly going over the past and future of the position in question. The in-person interview was with a (contractor) incumbent and the hiring manager. The incumbent was late by 20 minutes, and the manager made me wait another 10 before showing up. The initial technical question asked, what happens during a typical web query, though a good overall gauge of technical depth, is too fraught with trivia in the details to be a good use of a senior enough candidate's time.

Interview Questions

• What happens from when one types "simplyhired.com" into a web browser until the page is displayed?   View Answer
  • What happens from when a server first has power applied until there is an on-screen login prompt?   View Answer

Junior Engineer Interview

Junior Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview began with an HR phone screen. Technical phone interview was set up for later that day. Asked questions about basic HTML/HTTP, Javascript, Java vs. C++. Onsite interview occurred a week later. Met with Sr. Dev, QA Manager, CEO. Dev asked coding questions. QA and CEO asked behaviorial. Final round of interviews several days later, software fundamental questions asked.

Interview Question – What is the complexity of using a try/catch statement in Java vs. C++?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Simply Hired in February 2010.

Interview Details – I first had two phone screens with their senior QA manager and CTO. They ask you to explain technical terms. After that, I had an onsite interview. I met their Technical Lead, QA manager, CTO, and President. Only the technical lead guy ask coding questions/puzzles/database questions. Both the QA manager and CTO have spoken on the phone with me. The manager lady asks many behavioral questions. The CTO asks about the same set of questions (HTTP, how do browsers work,...etc) as during phone screens. The President asks more behavioral questions to understand your characteristics. After the onsite, they haven't get back to me until 4 weeks later. They ask for another onsite interview. I met their QA manager, CTO again and CEO at this time. Their CEO is a really elegant leader. I enjoy talking with him very much. I got an offer the day after but instead of full-time position, they make it a contract to hire one. I think they are very cautious about hiring people.

Interview Question – How do browsers work?   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

Undisclosed

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an invite for phone screen. Cleared the phone screen and met with the team in person. They invited me over to office at 1:30pm, but wasn't told that interviews would last for 6 hours with 4 people. Everyone grilled me as if it was the best company ever. In fact one guy was constantly emphasizing multiple times that he was the first employee to join simplyhired. I felt like quitting my interview right away. I got a call from hiring manager the next day reading out the offer. The offer did not even have proper benefits for a full time employee. I softly declined the offer during that call itself. But I received an email from the manager once more after a week.

Interview Question – Questions to determine behavioral patterns in my career.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had better offers from good companies.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Simply Hired in June 2011.

Interview Details – Great Company. People are very intelligent, and on the ball. Great workplace environment, with a relaxed atmosphere, yet focused on results and pushing innovation.

Interview Question – Very Friendly Interview. No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Simply Hired in September 2011.

Interview Details – Technical interview - downside was it centered on a single question.

Interview Question – Reversing a linked list in an efficient way   Answer Question

Partner Relations Associate Interview

Partner Relations Associate

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Simply Hired in July 2010.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews was with the people you will be working with. Second round is with the President and CEO. The first round was easy, but the second round was a little more difficult because they go through every detail of your resume and ask obscure questions.

Interview Questions