Simply Hired

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Simply Hired in November 2011.

I had a technical phone interview wasn't very difficult. Immediately after that had an onsite interview. Around four 1:1 interview all of them white board coding. I did well in three of the interviews, last one was bit vague but I did code the entire problem. Overall went well seemed to have cracked the interviews but didn't get an offer saying my background does not match the position. No idea what went wrong. (1st and 2nd interview were flawless).

Interview Questions
  • Find common node of two singly linked list given the heads of two nodes.   View Answer
  • Find permutations of all alphabets in a given number eg: 1->abc, 2->def, and so on so i/p: 12 o/p: ad ae af bd be bf cd ce cf
    and now generalize for 10 digit number

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Simply Hired

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Simply Hired in February 2010.

I first had two phone screens with their senior QA manager and CTO. They ask you to explain technical terms. After that, I had an onsite interview. I met their Technical Lead, QA manager, CTO, and President. Only the technical lead guy ask coding questions/puzzles/database questions. Both the QA manager and CTO have spoken on the phone with me. The manager lady asks many behavioral questions. The CTO asks about the same set of questions (HTTP, how do browsers work,...etc) as during phone screens. The President asks more behavioral questions to understand your characteristics. After the onsite, they haven't get back to me until 4 weeks later. They ask for another onsite interview. I met their QA manager, CTO again and CEO at this time. Their CEO is a really elegant leader. I enjoy talking with him very much. I got an offer the day after but instead of full-time position, they make it a contract to hire one. I think they are very cautious about hiring people.

Interview Questions