Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc

Interviews for Top Jobs at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc

Building Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc in June 2010.

I knew someone within the company who helped me get in touch with the right people for an interview. I was brought into their office and interviewed with several different people. I had a chance to talk to engineers who had the position I was applying for. The interview was the standard; it was not a technical interview. Due to the economic situation, they were unable to offer me a position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc in January 2007.

Werner H. Gumpertz gives you a spelling test. He wants to know that engineers know how to write too! Some one on ones were more intense than others. Some will ask you technical questions, but more about how you attack problems or how you would solve a problem. Some are more relaxed and give you more general questions about your resume. Take you to lunch--nice!

Entry Structural Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc.

Interview was with 3 engineers in sequence. They mostly talked about what the company does but also try to bring up technical topics such as my writing sample. I was asked to explain what performance-based design was, what kind of software I know, what my favorite class and topics were.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what was my favorite thing about concrete. I paused for a good while. Apparently, you should have favorite things.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc in May 2009.

Interviewing takes place first in Boston. First I was called on the phone by HR for a breif phone interview. I was flown to Boston then given a hotel to stay in over night. I met with many different people throughout the day in groups of two. They asked questions about my resume, as well as experience related to what they do. I also had an interview in the office where I was hired on a separate trip