Sinclair Broadcast Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Met with 2 managers at the same time in a cubicle/borrowed an office of a guy at lunch who actually returned from lunch during the interview. Had an initial phone interview beforehand but was referred to the job by someone I was currently working with at CBS. Interviewed with the 2 managers and was offered the job a day or two later. Basically got the interview and landed because I had 2 years prior experience at a better-run TV network, CBS, doing the exact same position and had become frustrated with and thought I'd give the job and industry a second-chance. Sinclair even paid a bit more than I had been making at CBS! Interview experience was straight forward and they didn't ask me about my experience as much. They look for enthusiastic and young college grads that are willing to be paid a smaller salary that will put up with the stresses of the job for the potential to become an AE or a Rep on the sales side of the industry.

Interview Question – My experience was a little different because of the referral to the job I had. They asked me why I would be a good fit for the position and whether I had handled some specific tasks at my previous job as a Sales Assistant.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much to negotiate, they pay the base salary they pay and that's it.

Very Easy Interview

Information Technology Engineer Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Assistant Chief Engineer and IT Manager and brought samples of code in for review and applications for demonstration.

Negotiation Details – Took first offer

Very Easy Interview

Photographer Interview

Photographer
Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview. We talked about the job and what I have done in the past. I did not get the job in the beginning, but I did get hired about 6 months later after there was another opening. I was able to meet the news team. They are talented

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it option.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group

Interview Details – It was a great learning opportunity to learn more about the organization and television advertising sales. There were several steps throughout the interview process in which you will meet with several members of the management team. They are very straight forward with telling you that it is a very difficult position although with hard work, dedication, and organization you have the opportunity to succeed.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty common sales position questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am currently in another position that I thoroughly enjoy and did not want to take the risk into moving into another position at this time.

Sales Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Interview Details – Short process.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview process compared other large companies. Did not even meet with one of the sales managers. A lot of Sinclair areas are really hurting for people, and lack good/solid management. It's easy to be "ooh & ahh-ed" b/c it's a tv station, but PLEASE check the reviews and info. available so you don't regret your decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – ZERO. you are offered a limited base and that's that. The larger markets may be sightly different, however, from my co-workers in those areas it is still a non-negotiable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sinclair Broadcast Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sinclair Broadcast Group interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sinclair Broadcast Group employees and interview candidates.