Sinclair Broadcast Group

Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group.

I was referred for an interview by a current employee. I sent my resume directly to the sales manager; I received an immediate response. The interview was set up for the next day; it was all done via email.

The interview was very personable; they tell you all of the potential pitfalls of the position up front and are very honest and candid. The commission structure is hinted at but no definite percentages are given. Mostly they want to answer questions you have (definitely come with good questions in mind) so that you can carry the conversation on with them.
    There are a series of interviews with this company; it's not one and done.

They aren't looking to hire at the moment, but interviewed me off of recommendation. Their next open position won't happen until after the first of the year, so there was no job to offer immediately-they let me know this up front.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be successful in this career?   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group.

I interviewed for a php position. I interviewed with a couple of developers, they were nice but naive.

The questions they asked were not related to PHP but they thought it was. Like what is my preference, arrays or linked lists... Linked lists is a Java thing, not php.

They talked to me like I was stupid for not knowing what linked lists were in php, even though they were incorrect and probably just googled interview questions.

The code example they wrote was incorrect as well, using unit testing syntax like assertEquals() as a php function. Also incorrectly out examples up that were missing closing parenthesis, not in purpose either.

I was not offered a position, this is not a bitter review, but feel as though my interview was unfair and ridiculous.

Account Executive Interview

Applied online for sales position. A few days later the LSM called me to set up interview. Met with LSM and DOS on same day. A few days later got the call that I received the job contingent on passing drug test.

Started about w weeks later.

Pretty standard interview process.

Paid Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Submitted resume online, received a call for an interview within a week or two. Went to interview. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. I was asked about my background and why I was interested in the position. The enviroment was laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in April 2014.

This was a phone interview. A man called me, sounded like he was running around. He then set up an appointment with me for a phone interview with himself and another woman. The phone interview with the two of them was okay. It was a little strange. The woman was very rude, talking about how when she went to college she had multiple internships and it was strange that I never had one. -> Sorry lady, I worked two jobs during college so I could pay my own way.

Interview Questions

The job seems like a popularity contest. Also tv ads are not on the rise.

Account Executive Interview

It was a great learning opportunity to learn more about the organization and television advertising sales. There were several steps throughout the interview process in which you will meet with several members of the management team. They are very straight forward with telling you that it is a very difficult position although with hard work, dedication, and organization you have the opportunity to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty common sales position questions.   Answer Question

I am currently in another position that I thoroughly enjoy and did not want to take the risk into moving into another position at this time.

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Short process.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in May 2013.

Met with 2 managers at the same time in a cubicle/borrowed an office of a guy at lunch who actually returned from lunch during the interview. Had an initial phone interview beforehand but was referred to the job by someone I was currently working with at CBS. Interviewed with the 2 managers and was offered the job a day or two later. Basically got the interview and landed because I had 2 years prior experience at a better-run TV network, CBS, doing the exact same position and had become frustrated with and thought I'd give the job and industry a second-chance. Sinclair even paid a bit more than I had been making at CBS! Interview experience was straight forward and they didn't ask me about my experience as much. They look for enthusiastic and young college grads that are willing to be paid a smaller salary that will put up with the stresses of the job for the potential to become an AE or a Rep on the sales side of the industry.

Interview Questions
    • My experience was a little different because of the referral to the job I had. They asked me why I would be a good fit for the position and whether I had handled some specific tasks at my previous job as a Sales Assistant.   Answer Question
    Not too much to negotiate, they pay the base salary they pay and that's it.

Information Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in April 2011.

Interviewed with Assistant Chief Engineer and IT Manager and brought samples of code in for review and applications for demonstration.

Took first offer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sinclair Broadcast Group in July 2009.

I was called in for an interview. We talked about the job and what I have done in the past. I did not get the job in the beginning, but I did get hired about 6 months later after there was another opening. I was able to meet the news team. They are talented

Interview Questions
    It was a take it or leave it option.