Sinclair Knight Merz

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
St Leonards (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in June 2012.

Interview Details – easy process. A phone call to organise an interview, an interview with my current manager and an HR person, the next day was a job offer. Very straight forward interview process, there were no tests or technical related questions involved.

Interview Question – easy general questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very straight forward

Business Development Specialist Interview

Business Development Specialist
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in May 2011.

Interview Details – The post was advertised in "The Australian" newspaper. I applied and underwent a phone interview in their office at another location in Australia. Was invited to a second interview in Melbourne. Pleasant.

Interview Question – What is your strongest trait?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate salary. Was a given.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for a face to face interview with the HR Rep and the Engineering Manager. Interview lasted about an hour. I never heard back from the company after the interview, even after I followed up with HR a week later.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Brisbane (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz.

Interview Details – I was put forward to the company by a recruiter - not for an advertised role - he simply contacted them to see if they needed someone like me. I was brought in fairly quickly (within a few days) and spoke with a senior engineer (who would be my technical lead) and the team leader. The interview was pretty relaxed and simply seemed to be confirming various details of my CV. I had a follow-up interview the next week, with the section manager, which was also a straightforward meet and greet.

At the time I had recently interviewed with another two companies who both had made offers, but I was feeling undecided about both those prospects. When I informed SKM of the situation (that I would have to respond to these other companies soon), they moved quickly to make a competitive offer. I was not trying to start a bidding war -- the salary was similar -- but I accepted SKM's offer as I perceived their culture to be the best fit for me.

Interview Question – I did not have difficulty with any questions, as the interviewers were already convinced of my qualifications. The most challenging part for me was to think of something useful to ask, as I know this to be a crucial step in making a good impression in an interview - to show that you are interested in the company and have taken time to learn about them before the interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This was a simple negotiation. I indicated my target amount and they met it, exceeding it slightly, and I was satisfied.

Transport Planner Engineer Interview

Transport Planner Engineer
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process only take about 45 minutes since I am the second candidate and the first is my friend too. They ask about yourself , what do you do in your final year project, and some technical question relate to public transport and rail. Also you need sketch to solve the problem.

Interview Question – sometimes, they ask current issues about MRT, LRT, Bus   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You need to study about government roles to SKM, try to be cool and make some joke. They will love it!

Graduate Interview

Graduate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz.

Interview Details – Lose, and informal. Lack of difficulty and quality control was a true indicator as to how little they value their staff.
You are there to do the work and increase the shareholders profit margin.
They will pay you as little as possible, so if you are decent, be weary of how quickly they want you, but wont negotiate on salary.
This is a toxic company to start off with.

Interview Question – Do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Recruitment Advisor
Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in October 2008.

Interview Details – Applied direct via a job board.
Was interviewed by the Global Resourcing Manager and WA Manager.
It was a very relaxed interview, with a bit of banter, and good structure.
The flow of interview was good, everyone built rapport very easily, and the interviewers easily blended questioning into the conversation without obvious deviation. This was the first and last interview.
Offer came very quickly, within a week of interview.
On boarding was excellent, with good inductions and relevant content.

Interview Question – Hard to answer as there were no real difficult or unexpected questions which would be worth while discussing. The interview was very much a conversation which the interviewers drew out answers from.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as I was keen to make a move and not interested at negotiating at this time.

Graduate Air Quality Position Interview

Graduate Air Quality Position

I applied online and interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz.

Interview Details – Once you submitted your cv and covering letter, the HR would contact you directly by mail and to arrange for personal interview, the face to face interview has two interviewers. the interview is divided into two parts, general questions and test paper.

Interview Question – 1. to explain content of some modules in your undergraduates' studies. What kind of gases are emitted in landfill sites.   Answer Question

Control Manager Interview

Control Manager
Pasig City (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in November 2008.

Interview Details – Written and oral interview to be conducted by either HR or Section Manager, explain your suppose to be role, expectations and bonuses included

Interview Question – How can you help more to your company if faces some difficulties the company might encountered   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Last interview with program manager that can state your suppose salary

Project Management Engineer Interview

Project Management Engineer
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sinclair Knight Merz in February 2008.

Interview Details – Expect a behavioural interview, where you are asked a question and need to answer with a specific example. Eg, Give me an example of when you have had to deal with conflict in the work place.

Negotiation Details – SKM pay industry standard, but do not target higher percentile.

Worked for Sinclair Knight Merz? Contribute to the Community!