Singapore Airlines

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Station Manager Interview

Trainee Station Manager

Interviewed at Singapore Airlines

Interview Details – Interview was conducted in a professional environment. 3 rounds later, it was confirmed. However, relocating to a new place was not possible at that time and hence had to ask to reconsider delaying the induction date which was not possible.

Interview Question – Why would be interested in aviation when you do not have sufficient experience or aviation related education to back you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Relocation was not possible at that time.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Interview Details – 03 rounds of on-site interview. The first one is with a senior staff who were in this position before. The second one is with him and a manager. The last is with a panel includes 2 managers and the senior staff.

Interview Question – All of the questions are normal, like 'How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?', 'What do you think if in the next 5 years you are still in this position?', 'How do you think if the work requires you to stay overtime and doesn't pay anything?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Singapore Airlines in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted about 1 or 2 months after my submission. Interview with HR followed by a writing test. The company looks great, with elegant decor. Security check is very strict. HR style and attitude towards candidates were indifferent, below my expectation given SIA's brand name. The test format is old-schooled. I browsed through the reviews here before interview: poor management, hierarchical structure, mediocre staff, slow progress etc. From my brief experience there I get a sense that most of such comments could be true reflections about SIA.

Interview Question – General interview questions. Research on the company and divisions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Flight Stewardess Interview

Flight Stewardess

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Interview Details – Interview at a hotel, arrive early, wear formal wear and remember to smile.

Interview Question – What is your favorite destination to fly to?   View Answer

Generalist Administrative Officer Interview

Generalist Administrative Officer

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Interview Details – 1st round: Interview (30 mins) followed by 2-hour essay & summary test
2nd round: 2 hour 30 mins psychometric/reasoning test followed by interview (30 mins)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   View Answer

Passenger Relations Officer Interview

Passenger Relations Officer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, no news till about 3 weeks on.
Received an email asking me to go for an interview at SIA training centre.
Interviewers were nice and friendly and helped to ease the tension.
Told that it was an entry level job that required shift work.
Short interview of about 15 mins by 2 interviewers, followed by some writing tests for around 2 hours.
Was told to wait for further news.

Interview Question – General questions asked:
- give an introduction of yourself
- why do you want to work in SIA
- do you have any experience in front line customer service
- what do you think is the most important attribute to have for a job like this etc
mostly common interview questions, nothing too difficult

one tricky question was, if you were to promote SIA to a passenger, what would you say?

I talked about the branding of SIA, the rigourous selection criteria for its staff and air crew and the professional image projected by SIA staff that I have personally seen at the airport.
  Answer Question

Administrative Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Interview Details – Applied from offical website. 1st interview 1 mth later, & within 1 wk after 1st interview was informed abt 2nd interview.
1st round: 1/2 hour interview followed by 2 hours' English test.
2nd round: 1/2 hour interview followed by maths and ciritical thinking tests.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it.

Flight Stewardess Interview

Flight Stewardess

Interviewed at Singapore Airlines

Interview Details – There were several rounds of interview, making this process quite challenging indeed. It started with a group interview. There was also a height and skin check, and interview with the management staff. My tips to the interview are to be relaxed and to keep smiling! They are looking out for people who are customer-oriented and a good team player.

Interview Question – Do you do any housework?   Answer Question

Administrative Officer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Singapore Airlines in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process took 2 days - interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

First round:
Write an essay on the topic of your choice and summarise and article (2 hrs)
Short interview on my background (30 mins)

Second round:
Math, abstract reasoning, logic tests (3 hrs)
Another short interview (30 mins)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Material Management Executive Interview

Material Management Executive

I applied online and interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Interview Details – There was a written essay and summary test before the interview. The test took 2 hours. Thereafter, you will go for the interview. There will be 2 people who will interview you. One of them will be from human resource and the other will be the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What would keep you going if you were given this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Singapore Airlines

Worked for Singapore Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Singapore Airlines interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Singapore Airlines employees and interview candidates.