Singapore Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Singapore Airlines in April 2014.

Applied online and was contacted about 1 or 2 months after my submission. Interview with HR followed by a writing test. The company looks great, with elegant decor. Security check is very strict. HR style and attitude towards candidates were indifferent, below my expectation given SIA's brand name. The test format is old-schooled. I browsed through the reviews here before interview: poor management, hierarchical structure, mediocre staff, slow progress etc. From my brief experience there I get a sense that most of such comments could be true reflections about SIA.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions. Research on the company and divisions   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Singapore Airlines in April 2014.

Round 1: designed to root out anyone who gives them a reason to. Tips: smile, sit/stand properly, smile, answer their random questions with a reason or example

Round 2: check cert. saw someone sent home for the next walk-in cause he didn't bring the originals. And check height if you don't seem tall enough.

Round 3: check complexion/walking posture. Round light shining up on you from the floor. Be polite, smile and be friendly to your interviewers. Don't give them a reason to think that you are not service oriented. Check face,lower arms, legs for scarring. Told to walk a short distance across the room. Walk straight and watch for uneven shoulders/hunchback.

Round 4: read passage + intro partner + debate round. Don't speed through your passage, watch out for punctuation, pronunciation, look up and make eye contact w interviewers occasionally. Intro partner is not difficult. Will be given time to get to know him/her. Designed to see how you interact with people. Again, smileeeeeee and behave like y'all are best friends. Debate round, I was the last speaker so I made references to my first 2 speakers to conclude (typical debate session)

Round 5 (following day Sunday): 2-to-1 interview. Will be asked questions according to your resume. Will be given a scenario question. Don't be tense. Treat the interviewers as your friends and a "chit chat" session. You see, if you are not comfortable talking to your interviewers, there's a chance that you will be uncomfortable towards passengers and they don't want that. Smile smile smileeeeeeeee. Don't panic if you happen to contradict yourself, turn the tables around and smileeeee.

Round 6: kebaya. 5 min to change + bun. Simple bun just to see if you have scar on your neck and stuff. Greet, smile, be polite to your interviewer as usual. Will be asked to walk a longer distance, checked for scarring more thoroughly, height weight taken. Common KIV reasons include: too fat (probably don't look good in kebaya do don't pick one that squeezes your fats out), small fade-able scar, dry skin...
    Reasons that will kick you out: uneven posture while walking.

Subsequently you will be asked to give your certificates and stuff again. And briefing about the bond offer and stuff. And medical.

For medical, please be prepared to submit your discharge papers if you have ever been admitted, if your hospital is not related to shenton that group, maybe you can smoke through and don't declare that you have been admitted. Don't create more trouble for yourself ya. Common reasons to fail
    Medical: broke bones before, scoliosis, asthma, high blood pressure...

Girls who have scoliosis: go visit a chiropractor to fix your spine first. Even if you don't declare, the chest x ray will detect it. And you have to pay yourself to do a spine x ray.

Asthma: like what I said, don't create trouble for yourself so just keep quiet.

I didn't clear my medical cause I declared my med history. Which they probably would never have found out cause I was never hospitalized, thus no records.

Interview Questions
    • Round 1: Where would you bring your foreign friends if they have never been to SG?

Round 3: Why SQ? + Why cabin crew?

Round 5: tell me about yourself, questions as per my resume, why cabin crew, what I think a CC job Is about.

Answer Question

Generalist Administrative Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Singapore Airlines.

1st round: Interview (30 mins) followed by 2-hour essay & summary test
    2nd round: 2 hour 30 mins psychometric/reasoning test followed by interview (30 mins)

Administrative Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Applied from offical website. 1st interview 1 mth later, & within 1 wk after 1st interview was informed abt 2nd interview.
    1st round: 1/2 hour interview followed by 2 hours' English test.
    2nd round: 1/2 hour interview followed by maths and ciritical thinking tests.

Take it or leave it.

Flight Stewardess Interview

There were several rounds of interview, making this process quite challenging indeed. It started with a group interview. There was also a height and skin check, and interview with the management staff. My tips to the interview are to be relaxed and to keep smiling! They are looking out for people who are customer-oriented and a good team player.

Material Management Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

There was a written essay and summary test before the interview. The test took 2 hours. Thereafter, you will go for the interview. There will be 2 people who will interview you. One of them will be from human resource and the other will be the hiring manager.

Administrative Officer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Singapore Airlines in December 2013.

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

First round:
    Write an essay on the topic of your choice and summarise and article (2 hrs)
    Short interview on my background (30 mins)

Second round:
    Math, abstract reasoning, logic tests (3 hrs)
    Another short interview (30 mins)

Passenger Relations Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Singapore Airlines in December 2013.

Applied online, no news till about 3 weeks on.
    Received an email asking me to go for an interview at SIA training centre.
    Interviewers were nice and friendly and helped to ease the tension.
    Told that it was an entry level job that required shift work.
    Short interview of about 15 mins by 2 interviewers, followed by some writing tests for around 2 hours.
    Was told to wait for further news.

Interview Questions
    • General questions asked:
      - give an introduction of yourself
      - why do you want to work in SIA
      - do you have any experience in front line customer service
      - what do you think is the most important attribute to have for a job like this etc
      mostly common interview questions, nothing too difficult

one tricky question was, if you were to promote SIA to a passenger, what would you say?

I talked about the branding of SIA, the rigourous selection criteria for its staff and air crew and the professional image projected by SIA staff that I have personally seen at the airport.

Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Singapore Airlines.

First round:
    Write an essay on the topic of your choice and summarise and article (2hrs)
    Short interview on my background (10mins)

Second round:
    Math, abstract reasoning, logic tests (3hrs)
    Another short interview (15mins)

Customer Affairs Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Singapore Airlines.

Written test and interview for first round, psychometric test and second interview