Singapore Economic Development Board Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.8

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through the website. Basically 2 rounds. The first is conducted by HR that focuses on your aspirations, your education, career interests, and other standard behavioral questions. Very in-depth and behavioral questions do not just skim through the surface. Following first round, you have to complete an essay in 24hours. Essay tests your knowledge on current affairs (especially for the division that you are applying to) as well as your ability to come up with recommendations. Second round is conducted by both HR and the in-charge. Both behavioral and also about your essay. Do not just reiterate whatever you wrote in your essay but be able to substantiate with new information.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Question: Tell me about a time when you engaged in problem solving.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Senior Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in June 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview: 1st round standard phone interview. Between the 1st and 2nd rounds there was a 48-hour test writing an essay and creating a presentation on two different topics. 2nd round of interview involved defending the essay and presentation to team leads. 3rd round of interview was at the director level, with standard questions and knowledge questions similar to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions relating to the content of the presentation prepared.   Answer Question

Assistant Head/Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Applied online. First verbal interview with hiring manager. Written case study given/ done before interview. Given a limited time period to analyse/ answer case study. Case study could be about how you could grow a certain industry in Singapore, or an economic competitiveness related question. Second verbal interview with Hiring manager and his/ her manager.

Senior Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview (screening of candidates) 1st round with line managers (24 hrs to complete an essay) 2nd round with director (24 hrs to complete a ppt) final round with managing director - presentation and essays are not out to test the accuracy of your answers - look at your thought process (have you considered other alternatives? Why did you go with the chosen solution?) - be able to defend your answers Note: develop a point of view about public policy matters being active in community service might help

Interview Questions

• questions related to past experiences stated on my resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

fixed, no negotiation

Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2014.

Interview

3 rounds. 1) phone interview mostly questioned about fit 2) essay test 24 hours about the industry and what do you think about it 3) ppt slides on the industry. to test your presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• challenges of the industry fit questions 1.5 hrs interview x 2   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiable.

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board.

Interview

(1) Submitted application form online (2) Phone interview - assessed motivations, competency, commercial awareness in areas I selected to be of interest. (3) Essay test: Given three options in the area of interest I highlighted in the application form. Number of questions vary between departments - some are case studies, some ask about your vision for the industry. One page long - not a lot of space. (4) Face to face group interview with HR - talked about motivation and asked about my CV and more competencies, second half of interview is about the essay, justifications, thought process, and another case study based on some points I raised. (5) Email received with offer.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions regarding chosen industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interns allowance is fixed.

Interview

First was a Phone Interview, then an essay that would be accompanied with your first interview and a power point presentation with the final interview.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website - the entire process took about 1 month. (1) Phone Interview - not your basic "walk-me-through-your-resume" type of interview from the HR. Competency questions and situational questions specific to the applied department was asked, with some questions you don't expect from an interviewer from the HR department (you'll think that those questions will be asked at the 2nd round when you're interviewed by the line manager from the department!) (2) Essay within 24 hours - difficult because you're limited to only one page and also due to the time constraint. (3) Face to face interview with HR head and line manager at the office - took about an hour, a lot of analytical questions were asked and they drilled deep, testing your understanding on the matter and your argument.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected - questions about a Ted talk topic and my opinions on the matter.   Answer Question

Internship Programmer Interview

Interview

1) submit online/ hand out cvs at networking sessions *good if you have take language in local unis as they have special networking sessions for you 2) phone interview *20-30 mins. be confident i gave 'wrong' answers to some questions they had but as i was able to substantiate my arguments clearly i still got the call up for the next interview. 3) essay test *done over email. topic sent to you on a day you are comfortable with. 24hrs to complete and send back 4) face to face interview part 1 *based on your cv and your essay test. thought processes for the essay will be asked. 5) * got rejected at the previous stage for the weirdest reason. "not my first choice of project"

Senior Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bugis (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Singapore Economic Development Board (Bugis (Singapore)) in September 2012.

Interview

Process: 1) Phone screening by HR, 2) Essay test, 3) Personality test, 4) Interview with hiring manager (justify your essay), 5) Interview with Director (presentation skills test), 6) Final interview with Assistant Managing Director. Tips: Get internal referral. Find out more about the job from your friends/referee before the interview.