Singapore Exchange Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2014
Updated Mar 18, 2014
5 interviews

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Singapore Exchange in January 2013.

Interview was through 4 rounds of interviews with various section heads. The whole process took 2 months. I heard from a friend who had a friend who worked there before and found the place quite political and advised me not to join them. My impressions were that they seemed a bit academic and I did get a hint that there seemed to be some interdepartmental politics. They were cordial but I got the impression that the staff were intimidated by the head.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but I got asked several times in the same interview what I liked to do.   View Answer

Internship At Singapore Exchange Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Singapore Exchange in November 2012.

I applied for a 6 month internship at the Singapore Exchange and the recruitment process started off with a phone interview with the Human Resources department. It was unexpected and the questions range from knowing more about you to your experiences both in work and school. Applications from your experiences to how you can value add to the company is important.

Following, the second round of interview was with management - vice presidents of my interested department. It was an interview to allow them to know you better and questions were competency based - how we react in different situations, a little about financial markets, products listed in the Exchange

Interview Questions
    • What went wrong in a particular group situation? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Singapore Exchange.

I had 1 interview with head of HR, and 2 interviews with management from within my department. The interviews were fairly standard, with no surprises. They just look at whether you can fit in the culture and can understand the gist of regulation.
    No trick questions or brain teasers. Just know your resume well and why you want to join the company and the position

Inflexible. They offered me a base lower than what I expected and did not change it. Luckily, I got a raise after year end.

Technology Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Singapore Exchange in March 2012.

There are two rounds of interviews. The first round would be conducted by a Vice-President of the Human Resource Department, and it is a one-to-one interview. The questions asked are based on the contents of your resume/CV, and this interview is fairly straightforward and easy. The second round is the last round of interviews, which consists of a presentation on a chosen topic and a group panel interview. The shortlisted candidates would present on the same topic separately and individually to the panel. This would be followed by the group panel interview, where the members of the panel would take turns to ask one question each that would be answered by all of the candidates. This is probably the most stressful part of the interview because all the candidates would be present in the same room, and everyone would be listening to each other's responses. However, it is also disappointing that during the presentation and interview, some members of the panel seemed to be uninteresting and they end up asking about things that had been actually presented or mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • Should IT increase or decrease spending in a bear market?   Answer Question

MA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at Singapore Exchange in October 2009.

After being screened for the initial round, 25 of us were invited to do an assessment. it is the standard kind of SHL mcq questions but the time is really tight.

usually they will ask you to do verbal and numerical all together and before that they also ask you to do the sample test to make sure you understand everything and will announce the right answer before the real test starts

Interview Questions

Worked for Singapore Exchange? Contribute to the Community!