Singapore General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.7

Research Coordinator Interview

1st and one round - With hiring managers and HR

Didn't have a good impression even before I attended interview. HR called and insisted I have to cancel all appointments to meet the interviewers three days after because one of them is a doctor and he insisted it.

The interview last for over two hours. (Note: This is a Research Coordinator position which I applied.) Everyone at the panel looked at the doctor adoringly when he spoke. Even if anyone of them wanted to talk about the job, they looked at him and not me. This situation resembled the reviews given about existing staff in the hospital over here. The one hiring manager and HR were very rude this way but they seemed to suggest to you they will treat people who are not doctors, as furniture.

The doctor interviewed using coercive techniques when in doubt and refused to introduce himself too. The hours spent and the way he asked questions suggested to me he wanted a staff whom he could abuse any ways he wanted , that he might not be a good boss , and preferably you should be as poor as a church mouse so that you could take up his job and let him and his staff do whatever they want to you.

Hospital Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital.

Two rounds of essay assessment and followed by a panel interview. Interview is mostly on personal experiences. The entire process took about 2 months to get to the final stage.

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Outram Park (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Outram Park (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital.

Interviewer was very rude and unprofessional.

Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital in April 2013.

The typical kind of questions were asked during the interview, such as why did you choose this job, what do you know about the company and what other job openings have you applied for. There were 2 interviewers and they were very friendly and pleasant. I was given the impression that the work culture there is work-hard-play-hard.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you felt most stressful.   View Answer

Human Reosurce Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The Asst Manager, Staffing(Admin and Ancillary) called me for a phone interview. After this round, the Hiring Manager conducted a one-to-one interview with me. She described the job details to me and asked the usual questions of the reasons why I left my previous employments. She was okay with conducting the interview after office hours in the evening.

Interview Questions
    The salary offered was below then what I expected and there was no room for negotiation as they follow the pay structure closely.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Outram Park (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Outram Park (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital in August 2011.

They first asked me why i want to be a medical technologist. What i would expect from this job. The employer actually took the effort to show me the working environment

Interview Questions
    I asked from 3k salary but they only managed to provide 2.8k. Budget is tight for the HR they said.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital in June 2011.

Interviewed by HOD and project investigator. Brief and conditions of employment discussed.
    only 1 round. Overview of project stated, assessed commitment to nature of project as well as willingness to work on weekends

No negotiation

Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital in March 2010.

I was given an essay question to write on within 1.5hours. We are given internet access to do the essay. After which, I was supposed to present on the essay-write-up, together with 3other interviewees.
    During this panel interview, a question was also posted and we, interviewees, were supposed to discuss on it for about 15mins. Our behaviour during this discussion was being observed and assessed.
    there is also a 2nd round of interview, with a panel of 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • comment on the pairing up of community hospitals with the extablished hospitals   View Answer

Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital in April 2009.

We were asked to write an essay and submit it. After which, if you got through, you would be invited for the first round of interviews. One of the directors was at the first round and we were randomly picked to go into groups, persuade each other why his/her own essay is the best to present it to senior management and the board. It was tough especially when you have to present it from memory. The director was very open and friendly which gave me a lasting impression and made me want to work with people like her. Second round of interview was with a few directors and managers. It was tough. Questions ranged from politics to healthcare issues etc.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the government was quick in handling the recent pandemic in the country?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Ask more questions about the work environment.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Singapore General Hospital in January 2008.

Casual questions such as working hours etc. Not much.

none