Singapore General Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.7

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Simply ask you about your background in research, and whether did you understand the project they are doing. And some basic questions about your educational qualification like what was your major, and simply explain your master thesis.

Interview Questions

Interview

1st and one round - With hiring managers and HR Didn't have a good impression even before I attended interview. HR called and insisted I have to cancel all appointments to meet the interviewers three days after because one of them is a doctor and he insisted it. The interview last for over two hours. (Note: This is a Research Coordinator position which I applied.) Everyone at the panel looked at the doctor adoringly when he spoke. Even if anyone of them wanted to talk about the job, they looked at him and not me. This situation resembled the reviews given about existing staff in the hospital over here. The one hiring manager and HR were very rude this way but they seemed to suggest to you they will treat people who are not doctors, as furniture. The doctor interviewed using coercive techniques when in doubt and refused to introduce himself too. The hours spent and the way he asked questions suggested to me he wanted a staff whom he could abuse any ways he wanted , that he might not be a good boss , and preferably you should be as poor as a church mouse so that you could take up his job and let him and his staff do whatever they want to you.

Hospital Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital.

Interview

Two rounds of essay assessment and followed by a panel interview. Interview is mostly on personal experiences. The entire process took about 2 months to get to the final stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was short and sharp. The interview was done with the hiring manager only, no HR was involved. The hiring manager goes straight to the point on the job scope and described the process in detail. The manager is friendly and overall a pleasant experience. Salary and benefit were not discussed.

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Outram Park (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Outram Park (Singapore)).

Interview

Interviewer was very rude and unprofessional.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital in April 2013.

Interview

The typical kind of questions were asked during the interview, such as why did you choose this job, what do you know about the company and what other job openings have you applied for. There were 2 interviewers and they were very friendly and pleasant. I was given the impression that the work culture there is work-hard-play-hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you felt most stressful.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interview, first with 2 HR Assistant Directors to find out about your interests and assess your job fit. This is followed by 2 case studies, first they will email you and you have to complete in 1 day. 2nd case study is done at the HR office using their computer with a time limit of 1 hour. Then the 2nd and final interview is with 2 COOs and 2 HR Assistant Directors. All in all took about 2 month before job offer.

Interview Questions

• they will ask you why you want to choose healthcare and about any government policies that you like or do not like and why. They can ask you about some current government policies and what are your views on them.   Answer Question

Human Reosurce Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The Asst Manager, Staffing(Admin and Ancillary) called me for a phone interview. After this round, the Hiring Manager conducted a one-to-one interview with me. She described the job details to me and asked the usual questions of the reasons why I left my previous employments. She was okay with conducting the interview after office hours in the evening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offered was below then what I expected and there was no room for negotiation as they follow the pay structure closely.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Outram Park (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Outram Park (Singapore)) in August 2011.

Interview

They first asked me why i want to be a medical technologist. What i would expect from this job. The employer actually took the effort to show me the working environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked from 3k salary but they only managed to provide 2.8k. Budget is tight for the HR they said.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by HOD and project investigator. Brief and conditions of employment discussed. only 1 round. Overview of project stated, assessed commitment to nature of project as well as willingness to work on weekends

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation