Singapore Government Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Singapore Government

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Government.

1st round would be with your direct reporting superior, either with just the Director or with the Head in charge. There's a writing essay test lasting 1 hour before that. General topic to test your language proficiency and thought coherence.

2nd round would be in a panel with the Deputy Secretary, mainly focussing on value-based and personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • Value-based: If you caught your friend cheating in an exam, and when you confront your friend after the exam, he expressed remorse and promised not to do it again. What would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, fixed remuneration according to established HR guidelines based on entry level

Management Associate Prpgram Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Singapore Government.

First round - Psychometic tests consisting of 2 main portions. First portion is a series of logical and numerical tests to ensure that you can identify patterns and work basic mathematics in a short period of time. Second is a question on a pre-determined issue for you to take a stand and discuss on the situation and strengthen your case. This usually comes in the form of an email that you have to write to your boss.

Second round - Roundtable session with other 4/5 candidates with 2 senior civil officers. First part is to take a stand on an issue and argue for your team. Second part is open ended questions to discuss in a form of a lively chat.

Interview Questions
    • What is a recent international political situation that interest you the most?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Singapore Government in November 2008.

- Initial application on job portal
    - First round: Psychometric tests
    - Second round: Interview and written test
    - May or may not have third round

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of scope for negotiation.

Research Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Singapore Government in April 2011.

It was a casual interview and both interviewers were friendly. They asked basic questions and then went on to explain the job scope and what I could expect to do. I thought it went well and enjoyed talking to them. They said they would get back the next day to let me know if I got it but I didn't hear from them.

Trade Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at Singapore Government in August 2010.

5 directors interviewing one candidate at a time. There is a written test before the interview. Alot of current affair questions. Takes average of 20 mins per interview. Challenging and tough. 5 people interviewing you at one time is no joke at all.

Interview Questions

Worked for Singapore Government? Contribute to the Community!