Singapore Power

www.singaporepower.com.sg

Singapore Power Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Entry Level Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Singapore Power.

First interview, you to have to be prepared about the company's background, and you are required to do a case study and essay. Thereafter you get to meet the interview panel to discuss about yourself and the experience you have, what you about understand the work conditions, what kind of person are you.

Interview Questions
    • scenario based, where you have to think of a solution on the spot.   Answer Question

EDGE Programmer Interview

I applied online and it took about 2 weeks. The first interview consists of a case study followed by a panel interview. Have to answer the case study and a personal question in half an hour. The interview was more on finding out your personality and whether you are suitable for the position.

EDGE Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Singapore Power in March 2014.

2 rounds of interviews to attend.

First interview was held in campus where there are 2 senior engineers and 1 HR and you will be required to finish an essay on yourself and a technical question.

Second round was held at the HQ where there were a total of 7 interviewers, 5 directors and 2 HR. Most importantly in the interview, you must be very sure why you have the passion in power engineering.

Interview Questions
    • Given a scenario where you couldn't solve a problem. You are alone and there's no other resources to help you. What will you do?   Answer Question

The liability of the car is an issue that resulted in the lower than average take home income.

SP Scholarship Interview Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Singapore Power.

This is is a scholarship interview for Engineering Development for GraduatEs (EDGE) Programme. Expect standard interview questions such as What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want this scholarship? Why did you choose Singapore Power? Tell me more about yourself? How did your cca develop your leadership skills?

Senior Engineer - Gas Transmission Projects Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Singapore Power.

Easy. Don't be fooled by the demeanor of your interviewers who might be your future bosses. They may appear friendly then but in reality they are terrible.

Expect your requested salary to be lowered.

Graduate Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Singapore Power.

3 Rounds.
    1 : HR interview
    2. : Department Manager
    3 : Director

ENGINEER (EDGE Programmer) Interview

2 short essays and 1 panel interview with 5 interviewers. The essays' topics were all about yourself, quite simple. After that, there was a short briefing on the company. Then I was required to read through a case study. The questions related to this case study was asked during the panel interview.

EDGE Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Singapore Power.

Very fast... a few days later after i submit my resume to the recruiter in my uni career fair, i got the call from SP for 1st round (there is a written test).

After the 1st round of interview, it took about 1-2 weeks to receive the call from SP for 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult from the interview

The written test in the 1st round of the interview is write more about yourself, e.g. what is your greatest achievement
        Answer Question

I personally think that the car allowance is too little

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Singapore Power in November 2012.

Process involved 2 interviews.

1) with the hr manager and direct supervisor
    2) with deputy director/cio

Interview Questions
    • Several security scenario based questions to test your reaction and your ability to answer   Answer Question
    Hard to negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Singapore Power in September 2012.

Upon receiving my resume deposit e-mail, if you have the potential, the HR will call you first to have a conversation and concluding it by inquiring on your expected salary. From there, they will "call you in a week's time" to confirm your interview date and time.

When it is all confirmed, you will need to proceed to their HQ building at Pasir Panjang Road and wait for the interview. Of course, there are relevant documents needed for the interview.

The interviewing panel consisted of 4 persons in total (1 HR, 3 Head of Sections (your future supervisors)).

Interview Questions
    • 1. They kept asking why I did not continue with my previous job after my contract ended.
      2. They kept asking if I am willing to take a slight pay cut.
      3. Told me to be independent.
        View Answer
    Because I was desperate for a stable job, I did not negotiate much. I only wanted these few things:

1. Permanent position (6 months probation only, no fuss)
    2. Stable pay (was quite small but there are good bonuses + yearly increment)
    3. Medical benefits

I was pleasantly surprised that they have part-time studies sponsorship, which I applied after 1 year in service.