Singapore Power

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Entry Level Interview

Engineer Entry Level

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview Details – First interview, you to have to be prepared about the company's background, and you are required to do a case study and essay. Thereafter you get to meet the interview panel to discuss about yourself and the experience you have, what you about understand the work conditions, what kind of person are you.

Interview Question – scenario based, where you have to think of a solution on the spot.   Answer Question

EDGE Engineer Interview

EDGE Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Singapore Power in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews to attend.

First interview was held in campus where there are 2 senior engineers and 1 HR and you will be required to finish an essay on yourself and a technical question.

Second round was held at the HQ where there were a total of 7 interviewers, 5 directors and 2 HR. Most importantly in the interview, you must be very sure why you have the passion in power engineering.

Interview Question – Given a scenario where you couldn't solve a problem. You are alone and there's no other resources to help you. What will you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The liability of the car is an issue that resulted in the lower than average take home income.

EDGE Programmer Interview

EDGE Programmer

Interviewed at Singapore Power

Interview Details – I applied online and it took about 2 weeks. The first interview consists of a case study followed by a panel interview. Have to answer the case study and a personal question in half an hour. The interview was more on finding out your personality and whether you are suitable for the position.

Interview Question – The case study.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Power in September 2012.

Interview Details – Upon receiving my resume deposit e-mail, if you have the potential, the HR will call you first to have a conversation and concluding it by inquiring on your expected salary. From there, they will "call you in a week's time" to confirm your interview date and time.

When it is all confirmed, you will need to proceed to their HQ building at Pasir Panjang Road and wait for the interview. Of course, there are relevant documents needed for the interview.

The interviewing panel consisted of 4 persons in total (1 HR, 3 Head of Sections (your future supervisors)).

Interview Question – 1. They kept asking why I did not continue with my previous job after my contract ended.
2. They kept asking if I am willing to take a slight pay cut.
3. Told me to be independent.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because I was desperate for a stable job, I did not negotiate much. I only wanted these few things:

1. Permanent position (6 months probation only, no fuss)
2. Stable pay (was quite small but there are good bonuses + yearly increment)
3. Medical benefits

I was pleasantly surprised that they have part-time studies sponsorship, which I applied after 1 year in service.

SP Scholarship Interview Interview

SP Scholarship Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview Details – This is is a scholarship interview for Engineering Development for GraduatEs (EDGE) Programme. Expect standard interview questions such as What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want this scholarship? Why did you choose Singapore Power? Tell me more about yourself? How did your cca develop your leadership skills?

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, just answer them normally.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Engineer - Gas Transmission Projects Interview

Senior Engineer - Gas Transmission Projects

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview Details – Easy. Don't be fooled by the demeanor of your interviewers who might be your future bosses. They may appear friendly then but in reality they are terrible.

Negotiation Details – Expect your requested salary to be lowered.

Graduate Program Interview

Graduate Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview Details – 3 Rounds.
1 : HR interview
2. : Department Manager
3 : Director

Interview Question – Do you have a girlfriend? if not, why   Answer Question

ENGINEER (EDGE Programmer) Interview

ENGINEER (EDGE Programmer)

Interviewed at Singapore Power

Interview Details – 2 short essays and 1 panel interview with 5 interviewers. The essays' topics were all about yourself, quite simple. After that, there was a short briefing on the company. Then I was required to read through a case study. The questions related to this case study was asked during the panel interview.

Interview Question – The case study question   Answer Question

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Senior Security Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Power in November 2012.

Interview Details – Process involved 2 interviews.

1) with the hr manager and direct supervisor
2) with deputy director/cio

Interview Question – Several security scenario based questions to test your reaction and your ability to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate.

EDGE Interview

EDGE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Singapore Power.

Interview Details – Very fast... a few days later after i submit my resume to the recruiter in my uni career fair, i got the call from SP for 1st round (there is a written test).

After the 1st round of interview, it took about 1-2 weeks to receive the call from SP for 2nd round.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult from the interview

The written test in the 1st round of the interview is write more about yourself, e.g. what is your greatest achievement
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I personally think that the car allowance is too little

Worked for Singapore Power? Contribute to the Community!