Singapore Technologies Engineering

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering in June 2014.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of interview. Formal and friendly. Felt very comfortable. Technical and interpersonal skills are being tested. They will see you if you are capable to the role. Sell your skills and impress them. Being polite and enthusiasm is the key to success.

Interview Question – Salary negotiation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nope unable to negotiate. May be if you are in manager level then yes. But I am happy with the figure offered to me.

Assistant Contract Manager Interview

Assistant Contract Manager
Ang Mo Kio New Town (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering.

Interview Details – First round and probabl the only round was the interview with the department head. Was given two documents to read and there was subsequent questions regarding the document. These questions require experience and knowledge of how the engineering industry works and it will be great if the applicant has that.

Interview Question – It wasn't really difficult but to ace this interview, one must have experience in the field and know the ground work well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering in November 2010.

Interview Details – Few days after sending resume, received a call from the HR dept to go for the interview. 2 interviews in total.

Interview Question – What do you think you will be in 5 years time? Do you like to do charity work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Permanent position is available upon negotiation.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering.

Interview Details – I applied through my school. The person in charge gave me a call for a phone interview. He asked questions like, what programmes have you created in the past and asked me to elaborate. He asked me what programming languages I knew too. He also kept telling me that the job was going to be challenging, and asked if I was ready to take up the challenge.

Interview Question – What programmes have you created in the past?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as everything was already settled by the school

Executive, Corporate Communications Interview

Executive, Corporate Communications
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Singapore Technologies Engineering in August 2008.

Interview Details – First point of contact was a recruitment agency who refuse to reveal anything about the company except for it being a local MNC in Jurong. Interview was scheduled in the Boon Lay office with a HR exec as well as the Head of Department in attendance. No recording devices including camera phones were allowed on premise but this was not communicated prior to the interview. Strangely the HR executive was asking questions unrelated to HR. The interview was rather informal and does not reflect the culture of the working environment. Subsequent arrangements were done quite haphazardly by the HR executive who was often on leave and not contactable. I was informed the next day that I got the job but was told to decide within the same day whether I am accepting the terms and offer.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were relatively easy. Something unexpected was whether I will be able to accept that the company is producing weapons.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The increment was minimal. The HR department gave the impression that the candidate should be "grateful" to be chosen to work in the company. Potential candidates should negotiate harder than normal.

Worked for Singapore Technologies Engineering? Contribute to the Community!