SingerLewak Interview Questions

2.4

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SingerLewak.

Referred through headhunter. Had two interviews which were excellent.

Staff Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SingerLewak.

I did interview with singerlewak at my school. It was great. a manager from audit department came and spoke of her past experience and job qualifications. She was really nice and kept the conversation going. Even though I did not get a offer from them, I really want to work for Singerlewak. Just be prepared and know what you are talking about.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at SingerLewak.

The company has continual interactions with my school's Accounting Society.
    At one of the 'Office Tours' I networked with many professionals. An Audit manager took an interest in me and continued the networking through email. He recommended me for a tax position in the company and referred me over to the tax partner.

From there on, I continued a dialogue with the tax partner through email over couple of months. He understandably became busy during tax season and communications became sparse until after April. I had in-person, 1-1 interview with partner that lasted 1.5 hours. The interview felt more like a conversation. He indicated numerous times that he favored many of my skills and attributes. I felt confident I chose a great company by the end of the interview.

It was about a month until I had my second interview.
    This second interview I met with 2 managers. They appeared to like what they do at the company. They asked relatively easy behavioral questions, and a few qualification questions. I felt they kept getting hung-up on the fact I was working on a Master's now instead of waiting 3-5 years into the job.
    Then I interviewed with 2 staff that I would have worked closely within the position. I honestly felt these people had great personality. Their dedication to the company was commendable. I really liked getting to know them as employees and people that can demonstrate how to have a work-life balance. They gave me pointers on what to expect when I start there. There was a lot of great dialogue and laughter during this interview. I felt I connected best with these last 2 staff.

All the networking, interviews, and connections I made led me to feel I was going to receive an offer letter any day. It was a shock to my core when I received that generic HR email that I didn't get the position. That was cold and wasn't even addressed to me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SingerLewak in March 2009.

phone call and then interview

Audit Semi Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SingerLewak in June 2008.

Phone discussion, and then in person interview.

Salary and moving bonus.

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SingerLewak in October 2009.

I got this interview from CSUF and interviewed on campus. It was a 1 to 1 interview with the recruiter. As with any accounting career, most students enter without knowing if they want to do tax or audit and that was my downfall. She asked me which one I would like and I wasn't able to answer specifically so the interview resulted more of a lecture of the difference between the two.

Interview Questions

Worked for SingerLewak? Contribute to the Community!