1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Internal Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at Singtel in May 2009.

The initial contact for an interview was a notification by telephone, about three weeks after I dropped off my resume with them at a career event and expressed interest in a couple of their functions. The process of setting up the interview was quite seamless and I was provided with a clear set of instructions on how to get to their office.

At the time of the interview, I arrived at the Singtel building. The office was quite sparse and offered up a great view of the city. An HR assistant led me to a small interview room during which I waited about 5 minutes until the corporate manager and HR lead came in. Expectedly, I was asked questions related to my background and motivations for my interest in the firm and the position, whereby I was given the chance to communicate my knowledge of the firm.

From there, the questions revolved around my strategic thinking, in the form of a case type market-sizing problem, and fit in terms of how one would function within the corporate culture and manage the differing interests of various groups. The interview was carried out quite professionally, though the interviewers were sparse in their comments.

It was, overall, an average interview in terms of content, for a role that I saw some potential in but did not specifically apply for. The one disappointment was the lack of follow through. There was no post-interview communication made whatsoever on their part, which leads me to rate the experience neutral, with a negative bent that discourages me from applying to future positions with their company.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage the varying demands of internal groups (politically and resource-wise)? Can you draw upon a past experience where you did so, and how can you apply that to this role?   Answer Question

Worked for Singtel? Contribute to the Community!