Singtel

2.7

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Singtel.

2 interviews. The interviewers are nice people. Got an offer on the same day after 2nd interview. But hr is bad, inexperienced and sometimes rude when you ask more questions.

Interview Questions
    Hr trying to cut your expected salary when you said it's non-nego. Ended the call with frustration.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Singtel.

Very long and treat each employee differently even for same post.

Lousy salary and benefits. Mgr not sure about what the job scope is and keep saying his company is best. The long approval process and the loosy compensation package made me decline the offer.

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Singtel.

3 rounds of interviews

Not likely to negotiate much more

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Singtel in March 2013.

1. Video interview
    -Four questions were pre-set in an online video interview where candidate's answers would be recorded. Each answer should not exceed 1 minute as the recording will automatically be stopped after each question. The questions were (a) Why SingTel's Management Associate Programme? (b) Why do you think you deserve the employment? (c) Where do you envision yourself in the next 3-5 years? (d) What is the key to success of your proudest achievements?

2. Online test
    -Five sets of tests were given: Numerical, Verbal, Logical reasoning, work-style preferences and personality test

3. Assessment Centre
    -Self-introduction (including why SingTel? Which business unit appeals you the most? Hobby? Each person only has 90 seconds) plus one surprise questions (what tattoo to get and where? What animal you wanna transform to and why?)
    -Group exercise (develop a storyboard for an advertising campaign for Mio TV products, 15 mins preparation and 5 mins presentation)
    -Inter-group evaluation (swap between group to give suggestion for improvement on other’s group advertising strategy, each person had only 30 seconds to voice out suggestion)
    -Individual case study and presentation (Case study about SingTel launching faulty iPhone, required to recommend resolution strategy, damage control strategy, retraction strategy and recommendation for re-launch, each person had 20 mins preparation and 5 mins presentation)
    -Panel interview (Giving examples showing career goals, creativity and why you claim it as innovative idea, incident that shows determination to work towards successes, example of working under huge pressure and tight deadline, an experience convincing people to follow your way, a time carrying out a project/assignment without any guidance, recommendation to improve SingTel's market share) The interview lasts about 20-30 mins

4. CEO Group interview and networking session
    -Each candidate within respective group got the opportunity to attempt questions one by one as arranged by HR. Questions such as do you prefer back-end or front-office nature of job? How do you comment on local's complaints on huge inflow of foreign talent? Your biggest failure and etc. Please note that each candidate was asked different questions which were generally easy, no tough or tricky questions.
    -Networking and business centre tour (not graded and hence did not form part of the assessment)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation took place as the salary offered is well above Singapore's market rate for a fresh graduate. The pay is comparable to those of non-bank big MNCs.

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Singtel in March 2013.

Initial Communication was fine and after the first interview it went well, however it took about 3 months before I got my second interview. But after that it just took two weeks before they offered.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question I came upon was when I was asked about a recent technology thats been out in the market and I had limited knowledge   View Answer
    Well in actuality there weren't any negotiations. It felt like a take it or leave it proposition.

Call Centre Agents Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Serangoon (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Serangoon (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Singtel in February 2013.

The call centre is located in Serangoon. The main headquarters is at Somerset, just next to the MRT. Interviewees are treated with respect and are normally interviewed by the team leader or line manager. Try to arrive 15 minutes before the interview times.

Interviewees may be also asked to sit for an English test which comprises grammar, vocab, writing etc tests. Reference checks may be carried out as well.

Interview Questions
    • The English test can be quite challenging. They may ask you to write emails to difficult customers.   Answer Question

Telemarketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Singtel in December 2012.

self introduction followed by a series of questions pertaining to the job scope and the relevant experiences that the employee has.

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Singtel in May 2012.

phone interview followed by a day long assessment centre with a whole series of situational discussion and team building activities. that was ended by a one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • describe a time where you go about that extra mile for your customer   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Singtel in May 2012.

Introduced by a headhunter and be shortlisted in 2 days.
    But when I go to interview, the hiring manager seems have no interests in my profile. Just say it is not wasy. Is it a misunderstanding between the company and the agent? I have no idea!
    What a waste of my time.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Singtel in October 2011.

Had 1 casual interview and 1 formal interview. Did not meet HR till the day i was to sign the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Will lying be a problem for you personally or religiously.   Answer Question
    HR will give you their offer and let you decide whether you want to take it or not. HR did not give any room to negotiate.