Sirius Computer Solutions

www.siriuscom.com

Sirius Computer Solutions Interview Questions

2.8

Managed Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions.

Phone screen with recruiters, followed by phone interview with hiring manager and other directors in area. Once that was passed, had an on-site interview followed by some more phone interviews. About six weeks from the start of the process until an offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • There really were no difficult or unexpected questions. I work in a technical area and the interview was, for the most part, non-technical.   Answer Question
    There really was no negotiation. I was told up front what the salary cap was, so it would have been futile to ask for more than what I was offered.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions.

The Interview process took longer than I expected. It lasted from October to January before I was officially extended an offer. The interview process consisted of four interviews.The first interview was an HR screen and the next three were talking about experience with Senior Client Executives. The company was seeking a person that had experience and desire to succeed in sales. Overall, it was an enjoyable process and the people that I talked to seemed to love what they did and the company they worked for.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions.

Very immature process - simple phone interviews while at some high level they decided where to place me. No background discussion with me as to where I should be placed or how they were organized internally. When it came to a 1:1, the decision had already been made and the drinks flowed.

Interview Questions
    Zero. No possible negotiation for salary or vacation.

Client Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions.

Started out with a two calls with the hiring manager which were each about 30-45 mins. Call with his boss which was about 30 min. Traveled to a central location for all three of us (2.5 hrs away) and met face to face. That meeting was over a hour. Final step was business case and approval from VP. That process took the longest at around 3 weeks.

Brief.

Marketing Lead Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions in May 2012.

The interview process consisted of a simple interview with the HR recruiter before making it to a face to face interview with two levels of managers. Remember to bring a copy of your resume and be ready to discuss your availability. Also take the time to read company overviews online through the website and be familiar with products and services. Otherwise its just basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in future goals and what I was doing outside of work. Also how I saw myself as an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions in November 2009.

Met current employee face-to-face after "meeting" on LinkedIn. Submitted resume.
    Discussed with general recruiter before flying to Seattle for one day interview.
    Two 5 hour plane rides in one day, wearing a suit. I don't recommend.
    Final negotiations with general recruiter/HR personnel.

Interview Questions
    • They were just getting into my area of expertise (they were still concentrating on AS/400 and mainframes) and wanted to know my opinion on whether Microsoft and VMware solutions would be valid in the market for some time.

Lets just say Sirius is not about pushing the cutting edge of technology.

Answer Question
    They stayed with in a few % points of what I made at my previous company and did not budge from their initial compensation details and bonus plan.

I found out later they way they explained the plan was not the way it was actually administered and came up well short of what I was expecting. Then they changed the plan (about a year into my employment) which pretty much eliminated the expected bonuses.

I quit at that point.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sirius Computer Solutions in February 2010.

Sirius hires mostly on the process of relationships within the industry. If you know have an inside reference then you will have an easier time getting a job. The interview process primarily conists of meeting with the area sales manager, and a few of the technical department leads.

It is pretty standard, if you know what you are talking about, and are able to sell, then they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    There was NO negotiating ... sales plan is what it is.