SiriusXM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Producer Interview

Content Producer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in June 2014.

Interview Details – The actual interviews were fine. It was the process that seemed backwards. I first met with HR on a phone call who went over the basics (why I was looking, salary requirements, etc). I then had a phone all with a VP who asked me about my background. I went on to meet him in person and questions were trying to glean what my diplomacy and interpersonal skills were. I met with two other VPs, and sensed there was an issue with 'personalities' and 'egos' as all the questions were geared towards trying to find out how I'd be able to get programmers who didn't like being told their work was incomplete to follow the process. Finally a recruiter called me (why at the end and not the beginning??). She also interviewed me for a few minutes, and at the end of the conversation, said they'd like to make an offer in a week or so. She said there would be a background investigation and would likely ask for a copy of my pay stub to verify my current salary (didn't realize this was legal...is it?). She said the offer details would be vetted all the way up the chain. When she called again, she said they checked the position budget and it was 10K LESS than I currently make. I asked her why this wasn't discovered at the start of this weeks-long process and all she could do was apologize. I declined the offer, but was very disappointed in the time wasted on both parts and because I had already turned down another job offer once I found out Sirius would be making me one.

Interview Question – If you didn't have to work for money, what would you be doing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was 10K less than I currently make even though at the start of the interview process I clearly stated what my requirements are. It was only after 5 interviews that they found out that the max for the position budget was below my requirements.

Senior Analyst, Sourcing Interview

Senior Analyst, Sourcing
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in February 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiters found me on LinkedIn and emailed me. In general: I had a great experience talking with Procurement team, and a very poor experience communicating with HR.
First I had a screening call with HR than I was invited to the interview in their office on 8th Ave. The interview scheduling process wasn't very well organized, please see details below.
HR: 1) didn't reply my emails on time, sometimes didn't reply at all; 2) Scheduled my interview less than 24 hours prior (I had to change my travel plans several times and plan a long commute/short sleep, that might have influenced my tiredness and interview quality) 3) Last, but not the least - never informed me of the interview result, and never replied my request. Now that 6 months had passed I think it is safe to say I didn't pass the interview. It would really to help me understand why, but I never received any feedback.
Procurement team - was professional and friendly, I had an interview with every one of them (30min with each member, there were 3 of them). They asked a lot of professional questions and overall the interview itself was a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – No tricky questions were asked. There were a lot of questions around the experience, that would be easy to answer if you were for 4-6 years in Procurement. A couple of questions like "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "what was the most difficult situation you had in your previous workplace" were asked.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager

Interviewed at SiriusXM

Interview Details – Took an extremely long time to hear back from any one and took a lot of follow up work. But once they were ready to hire, the process was extremely quick

Interview Question – I was not formally interviewed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate up.

PR Internship Interview

PR Internship

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was called first by head of internships, she was very nice and easygoing, she asked how my classes related to the position, what I wanted from the company and the internship. Basic, straight forward questions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you get out of this internship that you didn't from previous internships?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in October 2013.

Interview Details – Once you get the in person interview get ready for a 5-6 hours session with your entire team. Not too bad, but they will ask you all questions about your resume and past and present. No lunch provided at all though. If you know what you wrote on your resume, you are fine.

Interview Question – nothing really, just know your resume and your skillset   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at SiriusXM

Interview Details – After being screened by HR, I had three phone interviews. Was a pretty quick and easy process. I was given an offer a week later!

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Be ready to share why you want to work there!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview Details – The do both phone and in-person interview depending on the position. Just want to get to know you.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult is asked of you!   Answer Question

Board Operator/Editor Interview

Board Operator/Editor

Interviewed at SiriusXM

Interview Details – interview process included several phone calls, one in office meeting with the head of board operators and the sports programming vp, after that followed up with a background check

Interview Question – "tell us why you love radio?"   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Shreveport, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in December 2010.

Interview Details – it was not tough at all

Interview Question – cold calling can be a challenge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Software Engineer Validator Interview

Software Engineer Validator

Interviewed at SiriusXM

Interview Details – The hiring was easy and simple. However, at the interview, you will be interviewed by many groups.Only regular interviews questions were asked.upper management will interviewed first, followed by lower management and finally a selected group from the employees who would do a swot analysis on the candidate.

Interview Question – Questions that are pertaining to software may be difficult if you don't have the working knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't no negotiation.I talk to HR and accepted their offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at SiriusXM

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!