SiriusXM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Java Developer Interview

Senior Java Developer
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview Details – Technical screening and in-person interview with 8 people. The in-person interview was 2 hour long and 6 people asked questions. The recruiter calls back after 2 days and says that interview went really well and team is deciding on the salary and it would be lower than what was discussed. Sends me email postponing for 2 weeks and informs that they did not want to hire. Very unprofessional company.

Interview Question – core java   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at SiriusXM in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted immediately after submitting my resume and called in to meet the hiring manager, then a week later met the VP. That is when the process stopped. I was told they wanted to make a decision in a week. I followed up with HR weekly, then monthly. The responses from HR got increasing rude and terse. Finally 4 MONTHS after my final interview and only after following up I was told the hiring manager decided to go with another candidate. A couple months later I saw the job reposted so I reached out to the hiring manager and got one of the rudest replies from any HR person I've ever seen.

Interview Question – Over the interviews with the relevant people on the team were on point   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a single telephone interview which lasted 10 minutes. I was then scheduled for an in person interview. This had to rescheduled for the following week when an 'emergency' at Sirius forced the hiring manager to go out of town. Eventually The rescheduled was canceled when I was told that Sirius has placed all development 'on hold'.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult at all. Simply went over my Team Lead experience.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Commercial Imaging Production Interview

Commercial Imaging Production

I applied online and interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview Details – Sent resume and cover letter. Next, their computer application submission program informed me, via e-mail, that my resume was being considered for the position. I kept contacting HR each week for more information and to prod them that I was very interested. After about 6 weeks (if not longer) of waiting and e-mailing them, I was given a skills 'audition'. After the audition was approved, I had a phone interview, then a face to face interview.

In preparation, I did a lot of homework about the company and the people who would be at the interview. I found all of the information online, studied for two days before hand and had several questions prepared. On the day of, at the interview, I received a tour of the facility and learned more about he history of the station and what would be required of me. I knew more about the interviewers than they knew about me, via Linked-In, Twitter and Google, which felt nice and probably aided in me feeling relaxed at the interview. Everyone was pleasant, good natured and welcoming.

Interview Question – The unexpected question was in being asked to submit a production, VO & copywriting skill audition based on old SiriusXM commercial production orders.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told HR all the past experience I had in audio/VO/music production. Make sure you list hourly past pay, not project based pay. They don't consider project based pay when configuring a base salary. They consider hourly past pay only.

Board Operator/Editor Interview

Board Operator/Editor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview Details – Phone call from hiring channel manager. Told I would be contacted by show producer/host. Producer called me, then the next day the host called, and shortly after the producer again. Both had pretty general questions about my background in radio, programs I knew, my work goals, etc. All pretty easy going and non stressful interviews, all by phone.

No contact until I was told I was now in the background check process. After this was completed I was offered a position by the HR and started the hiring process.

Interview Question – Questions about my aspirations beyond the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

Data Analytics

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview Details – first got an phone interview from one of their VP, asked about PCA/Factor analysis, and some regression models, and machine learning models, then got 2 onsites, asked about some model diagnostic and model builidng techniques, no offer

Interview Question – deal with data sets with 1000+variables and 10000+rows, get insights from such data sets, a very common question and there are numerous methods to apply, you never know which method they are expecting and your time is limited   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at SiriusXM in December 2012.

Interview Details – One phone call from the internship coordinator to make sure I could make the basic commitment required of the position. A second phone interview with my direct supervisor. Asked me about my experience and my resume. He ended up asking me to send him some writing samples and said it would be a week or so. Got an offer via email about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Pretty normal interview questions, ie. What's your experience in this field? etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SiriusXM in January 2009.

Interview Details – Great communication. Background check was fast. The recruiters are amazing.

Interview Question – Salary   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Writer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SiriusXM in August 2009.

Interview Details – It took a long time to get hired - 5 interviews and about three months. I was required to show examples of work and meet a number of different people. In the end it was more my personality which got me hired than my resume; but I worked with some really supportive, helpful and respectful people on the recruitment team and it was a good experience.

Interview Question – To be honest, none of the questions were particularly unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got my requested salary without having to negotiate.

Intern - Finance & Accounting Interview

Intern - Finance & Accounting
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on the SiriusXM website for the fall 2012 semester. I was called in the second week of August and had a brief phone interview with the director of the internship program. She first asks if I was currently enrolled in school and if I was eligible to receive credit for the internship then we briefly went over my qualifications. She said if I did not receive a call back/e-mail within a week then I should call her. A week later i received an e-mail from the director of finance to set up an interview. I spoke with two different people that day and about a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Question – For the position of finance intern, the head of the department was mostly concerned with my proficiency with Microsoft Excel. It is a program that you will use every day of your internship. He asked me about my knowledge of Sum-if Formulas and V-Lookup.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate if you are an intern. It is well understood that it is an unpaid position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at SiriusXM