SiriusXM Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SiriusXM.

Technical screening and in-person interview with 8 people. The in-person interview was 2 hour long and 6 people asked questions. The recruiter calls back after 2 days and says that interview went really well and team is deciding on the salary and it would be lower than what was discussed. Sends me email postponing for 2 weeks and informs that they did not want to hire. Very unprofessional company.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SiriusXM in October 2013.

Once you get the in person interview get ready for a 5-6 hours session with your entire team. Not too bad, but they will ask you all questions about your resume and past and present. No lunch provided at all though. If you know what you wrote on your resume, you are fine.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, just know your resume and your skillset   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SiriusXM in October 2013.

Had a single telephone interview which lasted 10 minutes. I was then scheduled for an in person interview. This had to rescheduled for the following week when an 'emergency' at Sirius forced the hiring manager to go out of town. Eventually The rescheduled was canceled when I was told that Sirius has placed all development 'on hold'.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult at all. Simply went over my Team Lead experience.   View Answer

Commercial Imaging Production Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SiriusXM.

Sent resume and cover letter. Next, their computer application submission program informed me, via e-mail, that my resume was being considered for the position. I kept contacting HR each week for more information and to prod them that I was very interested. After about 6 weeks (if not longer) of waiting and e-mailing them, I was given a skills 'audition'. After the audition was approved, I had a phone interview, then a face to face interview.

In preparation, I did a lot of homework about the company and the people who would be at the interview. I found all of the information online, studied for two days before hand and had several questions prepared. On the day of, at the interview, I received a tour of the facility and learned more about he history of the station and what would be required of me. I knew more about the interviewers than they knew about me, via Linked-In, Twitter and Google, which felt nice and probably aided in me feeling relaxed at the interview. Everyone was pleasant, good natured and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was in being asked to submit a production, VO & copywriting skill audition based on old SiriusXM commercial production orders.   View Answer
    Told HR all the past experience I had in audio/VO/music production. Make sure you list hourly past pay, not project based pay. They don't consider project based pay when configuring a base salary. They consider hourly past pay only.

Board Operator/Editor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SiriusXM.

Phone call from hiring channel manager. Told I would be contacted by show producer/host. Producer called me, then the next day the host called, and shortly after the producer again. Both had pretty general questions about my background in radio, programs I knew, my work goals, etc. All pretty easy going and non stressful interviews, all by phone.

No contact until I was told I was now in the background check process. After this was completed I was offered a position by the HR and started the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my aspirations beyond the job I was applying for.   Answer Question

Data Analytics Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SiriusXM.

first got an phone interview from one of their VP, asked about PCA/Factor analysis, and some regression models, and machine learning models, then got 2 onsites, asked about some model diagnostic and model builidng techniques, no offer

Interview Questions
    • deal with data sets with 1000+variables and 10000+rows, get insights from such data sets, a very common question and there are numerous methods to apply, you never know which method they are expecting and your time is limited   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at SiriusXM in April 2013.

Was contacted immediately after submitting my resume and called in to meet the hiring manager, then a week later met the VP. That is when the process stopped. I was told they wanted to make a decision in a week. I followed up with HR weekly, then monthly. The responses from HR got increasing rude and terse. Finally 4 MONTHS after my final interview and only after following up I was told the hiring manager decided to go with another candidate. A couple months later I saw the job reposted so I reached out to the hiring manager and got one of the rudest replies from any HR person I've ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • Over the interviews with the relevant people on the team were on point   Answer Question

PR Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SiriusXM in April 2013.

I was called first by head of internships, she was very nice and easygoing, she asked how my classes related to the position, what I wanted from the company and the internship. Basic, straight forward questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you get out of this internship that you didn't from previous internships?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SiriusXM in December 2012.

One phone call from the internship coordinator to make sure I could make the basic commitment required of the position. A second phone interview with my direct supervisor. Asked me about my experience and my resume. He ended up asking me to send him some writing samples and said it would be a week or so. Got an offer via email about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty normal interview questions, ie. What's your experience in this field? etc.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at SiriusXM.

First I met with their HR dept who were extremely friendly. They just asked all the basic question getting to know you. As long as you aren't to socially awkward this part is a breeze.

Then we got sent to a small conference room where we met, individually, several senier members of the QA team including the director of the whole dept. You should expect some technical question. Read up on Quality assurance as well as the agile and waterfall systems development model. They will ask you the typical questions such as what is a weakness of yours and what can you bring to the team as well a "google interview" question such as "how many hotels are in NYC".

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember to many specific questions. They arent looking for people who know it all already they really just want team players.   Answer Question