SiriusXM Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied in early/mid June. Interviewed in early July. Didn't hear anything back until mid-September telling me I was being hired for the job. I didn't think I was being considered for the job because of how long it took to get a offer back, but they told me that they were doing a lot of things to the channel and making changes.

Interview Questions

• Do you play fantasy sports?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

The actual interviews were fine. It was the process that seemed backwards. I first met with HR on a phone call who went over the basics (why I was looking, salary requirements, etc). I then had a phone all with a VP who asked me about my background. I went on to meet him in person and questions were trying to glean what my diplomacy and interpersonal skills were. I met with two other VPs, and sensed there was an issue with 'personalities' and 'egos' as all the questions were geared towards trying to find out how I'd be able to get programmers who didn't like being told their work was incomplete to follow the process. Finally a recruiter called me (why at the end and not the beginning??). She also interviewed me for a few minutes, and at the end of the conversation, said they'd like to make an offer in a week or so. She said there would be a background investigation and would likely ask for a copy of my pay stub to verify my current salary (didn't realize this was legal...is it?). She said the offer details would be vetted all the way up the chain. When she called again, she said they checked the position budget and it was 10K LESS than I currently make. I asked her why this wasn't discovered at the start of this weeks-long process and all she could do was apologize. I declined the offer, but was very disappointed in the time wasted on both parts and because I had already turned down another job offer once I found out Sirius would be making me one.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't have to work for money, what would you be doing?   Answer Question

The offer was 10K less than I currently make even though at the start of the interview process I clearly stated what my requirements are. It was only after 5 interviews that they found out that the max for the position budget was below my requirements.

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in September 2011.

Interview

phone interview which took place with the human resources director. involved simple questions of background, experience and personal likes and dislikes. contacted a week later about a 1:1 interview on site with a business operations specialist. Interview took one hour and was contacted via email about offer within the day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Position was for internship for academic credit only.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

There was a one on one with 3 different managers. Those that you would be peer level with, who you would report to and then the senior manager. All of the questions were similar in nature as far as asking how you would react to specific daily or long term scenarios. They were trying to access your familiarity with formal process and procedures.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with changing focus? Some things that are hot today are not important tomorrow. How do you handle it when the focus is ever changing and everything is important?   Answer Question

Music Programming Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Within 3 weeks I received a friendly phone call from the man in charge of internships, got some additional information on the position and scheduled an interview for the next week. Got to the interview and it was very friendly, I was asked about my experience in terms of music programming and although I had no real experience with audio editing and productions like they were looking for (i'm more experienced with on-air programming) I showed my personality and made it clear that I was ready to learn and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the history of SiriusXM Radio? What are your favorite shows on either?   1 Answer
    • What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question