SiriusXM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Content Producer Interview

Content Producer
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SiriusXM in June 2014.

Interview Details – The actual interviews were fine. It was the process that seemed backwards. I first met with HR on a phone call who went over the basics (why I was looking, salary requirements, etc). I then had a phone all with a VP who asked me about my background. I went on to meet him in person and questions were trying to glean what my diplomacy and interpersonal skills were. I met with two other VPs, and sensed there was an issue with 'personalities' and 'egos' as all the questions were geared towards trying to find out how I'd be able to get programmers who didn't like being told their work was incomplete to follow the process. Finally a recruiter called me (why at the end and not the beginning??). She also interviewed me for a few minutes, and at the end of the conversation, said they'd like to make an offer in a week or so. She said there would be a background investigation and would likely ask for a copy of my pay stub to verify my current salary (didn't realize this was legal...is it?). She said the offer details would be vetted all the way up the chain. When she called again, she said they checked the position budget and it was 10K LESS than I currently make. I asked her why this wasn't discovered at the start of this weeks-long process and all she could do was apologize. I declined the offer, but was very disappointed in the time wasted on both parts and because I had already turned down another job offer once I found out Sirius would be making me one.

Interview Question – If you didn't have to work for money, what would you be doing?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was 10K less than I currently make even though at the start of the interview process I clearly stated what my requirements are. It was only after 5 interviews that they found out that the max for the position budget was below my requirements.

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Corporate Finance Intern
Washington, DC

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SiriusXM in September 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview which took place with the human resources director. involved simple questions of background, experience and personal likes and dislikes. contacted a week later about a 1:1 interview on site with a business operations specialist. Interview took one hour and was contacted via email about offer within the day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Position was for internship for academic credit only.

Music Programming Intern Interview

Music Programming Intern
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SiriusXM in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Within 3 weeks I received a friendly phone call from the man in charge of internships, got some additional information on the position and scheduled an interview for the next week. Got to the interview and it was very friendly, I was asked about my experience in terms of music programming and although I had no real experience with audio editing and productions like they were looking for (i'm more experienced with on-air programming) I showed my personality and made it clear that I was ready to learn and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the history of SiriusXM Radio? What are your favorite shows on either?   View Answer
  • What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Worked for SiriusXM? Contribute to the Community!