SirsiDynix

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.8

Recruiter Assistant (Temp) Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SirsiDynix.

The hiring process took longer than I had expected. The upside to that is they do a good job of vetting their potential employees. The downside is obvious; it takes forever to find out if you'll be offered a position. They start with an assessment, move on to a phone interview, and then you get to go in for an interview with the hiring manager/director. When you go in, you get to retake the assessment so that they know it was your score and not someone taking it for you. If you are able to make it past all of that, you get to submit references and then the offer comes after. Overall, it was a pleasant experience in spite of how long it took. They were excellent at keeping in-touch with me throughout the process to let me know what was happening.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexptected question was unique to the position I was interviewing for. It was, "If Utah were to annex a state, which state would it be, what would it be called, and what would the motto be?"   Answer Question

Knowledge Base Administrator/Support Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SirsiDynix.

Applications are taken online. An aptitude test is required before being approved for an initial interview. Generally, multiple interviews are required. Sometimes, based on the results of the aptitude test and interviews, applicants are recommended for positions different from what they initially applied for.

Interview Questions
    • If given the option of getting the prize behind doors 1, 2, or 3, then after making your choice, one of the doors you didn't select is removed and you are given the choice to change your selection from the door you initially chose to the other remaining door, are you chances any better if you change your choice to the new door or not? Why or why not?   View Answer
    Fairly standard. An offer is made that can be accepted our a counter offer can be proposed.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at SirsiDynix.

Tough tests but it really does make sure great people are hired. Lots of friends and family get suggested but then fail to pass the tests so there is no chance of nepotism. It is all based on ability.

Interview Questions
    • There usually is one difficult questions but not much you can do to prepare other than be calm and know that they are people too.   Answer Question
    I just accepted because I was so glad to get mu foot in the door.

Finance Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SirsiDynix.

If you are accepted as a viable candidate you will be asked to go in to take a test. This will determine if you move on to an interview and on to a ossible offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary as I did not interview under the current process.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The two-hour pre-interview test was quite grueling but fun. Just enjoy the test and try to get as many sections done as you can.
    I had one interview and then an offer a few days later. The recruiters are outstanding and willing to answer any question you have. They are quite open to negotiations, as well.
    The interview didn't ask a lot of whiteboard coding questions but focused more on concepts and ability to get stuff done.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a specific question but there were a lot of object-oriented questions that were challenging.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate salary. The in-house recruiters were great to work with.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SirsiDynix in August 2012.

I applied online and worked with a recruiter. We are required to take a 2 hour test that I guess makes sure that we're not mentally retarded, don't worry, I passed. However even with the test, this is a great company and I really enjoyed my in-person interview with the team-lead over Technical Documentation.

Interview Questions
    • There was a writing/editing test and also a translation test. They want to make sure that we spoke a language so we can help translate the documentation.   Answer Question

Associate Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SirsiDynix in June 2010.

I submitted my resume and was asked to come in and take a competency exam. It was a bit like an IQ test coupled with a personality quiz. I passed the quiz and was scheduled for an interview. I met with the Director and the VP of Client Care and they asked about my experience with Linux, Apache, Library Management Systems and other technical questions. They also asked about where I saw myself with the company.

Interview Questions
    They gave me a range before the offer of $35,000-42,000. They came in on the upper end of the range so I didn't counter offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

The process took a dayinterviewed at SirsiDynix in May 2010.

The interview process is a test that is similar to the ASVAB test everybody takes in High School to test your vocational aptitude. You are then contacted by the hiring manager and then brought in for a one on one interview. You are then interviewed by the Director of the area in which you will be working. Negotiations for salary are fairly quick and often are offered a salary lower than what you are expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where you had to prioritize your work.   Answer Question
    • What do you think you can contribute to SirsiDynix?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at SirsiDynix in October 2007.

Everyone I saw walking around looked like zombies. I had heard bad things about this company, but the interview process was ridiculous. Had to take a lengthy test before I could even get an interview. The company isn't exactly Microsoft, but they acted like they needed Google-level employees. The test was just analogies and general knowledge. Anybody still taking breath could have passed it. Intervieweer seemed very unhappy and uninspired by his job.

Interview Questions

Attitudes of people I encountered; stupid test