SirsiDynix Interview Questions

2.8

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

The first part of the process included a 2-3 hour pre-employment aptitude test. After my results came back, the recruiter called and scheduled an interview. When I came in, I interviewed with the other corporate counsel, then with the general counsel. The process was really laid-back. A few days later I was called for a final interview with the CFO, which was also a really laid-back interview.

Interview Questions

• The CFO asked what I disliked most about the job I held at the time. I was a little hesitant to say anything negative about where I was working because that never looks good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They stated ahead of time what they were looking to pay for the position.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

The hiring process took longer than I had expected. The upside to that is they do a good job of vetting their potential employees. The downside is obvious; it takes forever to find out if you'll be offered a position. They start with an assessment, move on to a phone interview, and then you get to go in for an interview with the hiring manager/director. When you go in, you get to retake the assessment so that they know it was your score and not someone taking it for you. If you are able to make it past all of that, you get to submit references and then the offer comes after. Overall, it was a pleasant experience in spite of how long it took. They were excellent at keeping in-touch with me throughout the process to let me know what was happening.

Interview Questions

• The most unexptected question was unique to the position I was interviewing for. It was, "If Utah were to annex a state, which state would it be, what would it be called, and what would the motto be?"   2 Answers

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your feedback!

Bluecloud Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in May 2014.

Interview

I had applied online and was then contacted by a recruiter via email and asked to continue in the interview process. As is normal, I was asked to take a standard personality and intelligence test in order to proceed. Funny enough, this is the first time I have never passed one with over a decade in experience! My main issue is that at no point was a more holistic approach taken to meet the candidate. Additionally, I had rapid back and forth contact with the requiter up until this point. She stated that she would contact me with in 24 hours. I had to reach out to her over a week later to find out what had happened with my interview status. My main issue is that recruiters need to be respectful to their applicant pool, even if they do not fit the mold of the company or position.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

I'm sorry that your experience was not a positive one. My team usually would not promise feedback within 24 hours, so perhaps there was a miscommunication. It generally takes 1-2 weeks to provide ... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Applications are taken online. An aptitude test is required before being approved for an initial interview. Generally, multiple interviews are required. Sometimes, based on the results of the aptitude test and interviews, applicants are recommended for positions different from what they initially applied for.

Interview Questions

• If given the option of getting the prize behind doors 1, 2, or 3, then after making your choice, one of the doors you didn't select is removed and you are given the choice to change your selection from the door you initially chose to the other remaining door, are you chances any better if you change your choice to the new door or not? Why or why not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly standard. An offer is made that can be accepted our a counter offer can be proposed.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Provo, UT).

Interview

Tough tests but it really does make sure great people are hired. Lots of friends and family get suggested but then fail to pass the tests so there is no chance of nepotism. It is all based on ability.

Interview Questions

• There usually is one difficult questions but not much you can do to prepare other than be calm and know that they are people too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted because I was so glad to get mu foot in the door.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Wow, five months? That is definitely unusual, but it is my hope that you were receiving frequent feedback during that time. In some cases, certain jobs can take longer than others to wrap up. Thank ... More

Finance Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SirsiDynix.

Interview

If you are accepted as a viable candidate you will be asked to go in to take a test. This will determine if you move on to an interview and on to a ossible offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary as I did not interview under the current process.   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave comments on your interview experience.

Interview

The two-hour pre-interview test was quite grueling but fun. Just enjoy the test and try to get as many sections done as you can. I had one interview and then an offer a few days later. The recruiters are outstanding and willing to answer any question you have. They are quite open to negotiations, as well. The interview didn't ask a lot of whiteboard coding questions but focused more on concepts and ability to get stuff done.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall a specific question but there were a lot of object-oriented questions that were challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. The in-house recruiters were great to work with.

Thanks for your review!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix in September 2012.

Interview

There are a few tests you need to take, however with new ownership this part might (probably will) go away. After passing the tests, you have an interview with one of the managers in the area you have applied to. There could be 2-3 different interviews depending on how far you make it, or if the company needs to decide between you and another candidate. The experience was good overall. The managers are good people for the most part (I say this b/c there could be one here and there that you might not like - no one is perfect).

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Lehi, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and worked with a recruiter. We are required to take a 2 hour test that I guess makes sure that we're not mentally retarded, don't worry, I passed. However even with the test, this is a great company and I really enjoyed my in-person interview with the team-lead over Technical Documentation.

Interview Questions

• There was a writing/editing test and also a translation test. They want to make sure that we spoke a language so we can help translate the documentation.   Answer Question

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Fortunately, our pre-employment assessment takes less than 30 minutes. I am glad your experience was positive (despite the grueling test).

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SirsiDynix (Provo, UT) in June 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was asked to come in and take a competency exam. It was a bit like an IQ test coupled with a personality quiz. I passed the quiz and was scheduled for an interview. I met with the Director and the VP of Client Care and they asked about my experience with Linux, Apache, Library Management Systems and other technical questions. They also asked about where I saw myself with the company.

Interview Questions

• The quiz is your biggest hurdle with this company.   2 Answers

Negotiation

They gave me a range before the offer of $35,000-42,000. They came in on the upper end of the range so I didn't counter offer.

Dec 9, 2014 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your comments!