Sitel Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

1.8

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sitel in August 2014.

The application process is a bit lengthy. After filling out basic information, there are different scenarios dealing with the customer that you have to listen to and decide what the best solution would be. There is also an optional section for those interested in tech support. That section deals with mostly order and sequence. Then, there is a typing test at the end. After the test, there is a number that we must call for a 4 question voice audition. After completing everything, I received an e-mail about two days later asking what day I'd like to schedule the interview. I could choose one of three dates given and the time as well. I was given a confirmation through my e-mail the same day. They also sent me a reminder text message the day of the interview. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was told I got the job as soon as the interview was over. Afterwards, I had to go to a computer and fill out ANOTHER application about previous jobs, etc. I also had to accept the offer online and fill out consent forms and such. It took forever. Once that was done, I was handed a paper and was told that I had 48 hours to go to the hospital and have my drug test taken. Once the drug test and background check are cleared, I'm all set. I was told the job would start in two weeks, but they would e-mail me with all the details.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about a time you were upset on a job and why.
    2. Tell me about a time something happened out of your control that upset a customer and how you handled the situation.
    3. Do you believe it is important to come to work on time and why?
    4. Would you rather have a job that pays $11.00 an hour without benefits or a job with less pay but with incentives and why?
    5. Tell me your level of experience with the computer (beginner, intermediate, or expert) and why you chose that answer, and name some computer programs that you have used.
    6. Tell me a time you had to be persuasive on a job.
    7. Tell me a time you broke company policy and why.
    8. How many days of work did you miss on your last job?
    9. Tell me a time when you were given specific instructions about something, and what was the hardest part about following those instructions?
    10. Tell me about a time you had to listen very carefully to someone, and how did you make sure you understood exactly what they were saying?
    11. Tell me about a time you had to make an immediate decision, and what was the outcome?

**There was nothing out of the ordinary.
      Answer Question
There was really no negotiation phase. I was asked what my desired pay would be. Then, I was told what they pay for the position. However, the interviewer also said there would be raises and other opportunities to make more money.

Other Interview Reviews for Sitel

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Cruces, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in May 2012.

Most weeding out is not the interview itself, but the drug test and criminal record check- if you are clean, easy to get a job, Online app, group tour, then individual interviews same day as tour, offer came in about 1 week, to start in another two weeks. Strict on attendance during training- most weeding seemed to happen during training rather than just interviews, with people who no show to training.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate an earlier start date and a different client (banking vs TV)

Customer Service Representative Interview

The company is a absolute joke plain and simple. You complete an application and then they interview you with silly questions. The hire everybody and then they send you off to take a drug test. However the company is made up of a bunch of high school drop outs and thugs, who go out into the parking lot and smoke weed and blast their car radios. What a horrible place to work.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions they hire whom ever walks through the door.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Sitel.

I got either 2 or 3 interviews. They went over everything I needed to know and provided paid training. It was all done remotely. The recruiter was very helpful and answered all my questions.

It was more of a "this is how it is going to be and this is what you can expect." They based my wage on my experience and it was higher than my previous jobs so I felt what they were offering was reasonable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in August 2013.

The interview process was very simple. I applied for the work at home position for sitel at their website. The application took about 30-45 minutes. You had to complete everything at one visit because the website does not save your information. I can't remember but I think the assessment was a part of the application or either was emailed to me. At some point I had to call a number to do a voice test. (A recorded voice asks you questions and you answer the question as best as possible. This is to determine how your voice sounds and how you would react in questions). I had to complete a speed test to determine the speed/memory of my computer and had to screenshot my results. I received an email from the recruiter within 3 days asking to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked simple navigation questions for the internet. (Go to weather.com and tell me the weather for Baltimore, Maryland). I was then asked to do another speed test and tell them my results. I was also asked a few behavioral questions and given the basic information about the possible jobs. A day after the interview I was sent emails with different campaigns that I would like to work for. I chose the campaign I wanted and scheduled an interview for that one. I was asked behavioral questions again and asked to do another speed test. Pretty easy. I got the job and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were generic questions that you would expect to be asked in a customer service role. I was asked give me a time where you didn't know how to handle a difficult customer, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I had 6 years of customer service and was still offered the lowest amount they pay. The recruiter explains you get a 25 cent raise after 3 months, 50 cents after 6 months, and I think another 25 cents after a year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sitel in June 2011.

Put in an application. Was e-mailed to schedule an interview--which I did. It ended up being a group interview with four other candidates. There were two "coaches" who conducted the interviews. Afterward, we were called one-by-one and told whether we had received an offer or not. Instead of the coaches doing it themselves and offering feedback on what could have been done better or what they were looking for, they had an admin assistant do so.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. Questions ranged from "a time you broke company policy" to the mundane "tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sitel in July 2011.

Took 2 months to hear back from them. Had a group interview with other candidates and managers. Took a series of computer tests on the computer that was required to pass. Overall interview was tense and competitive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sitel.

You have to first complete the online application along with the skills test & the voice test, which is long. You will then be called by a recruiter who will ask you questions about job experiences & then an face-to-face interview will be conducted later

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiation. They just told me what I'd be paid and that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sitel in August 2013.

You apply online. I had to follow up with them as I had not heard anything within the allotted time. Once I touched bases they confirmed my results and set interview time. It was pretty standard and I was luckily hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about the military? This was unexpected but based on the account I would be working on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sitel in September 2013.

My interview was quickly after I put the application in. I was very happy with that. The process was really great.

Interview Questions
    You are told false information and gave high hopes but once you pass training you are treated wrongly.

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!