Sitel

86 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aaa Customer Service Representative Interview

Aaa Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and did the assessment tests, then I received an email asking for a speed test. After that I got an invitation to a phone interview. The interview was really easy, she just asked me to open a few web pages and look for certain things. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – The only question that was asked was if I had an open schedule.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sitel in August 2014.

Interview Details – The application process is a bit lengthy. After filling out basic information, there are different scenarios dealing with the customer that you have to listen to and decide what the best solution would be. There is also an optional section for those interested in tech support. That section deals with mostly order and sequence. Then, there is a typing test at the end. After the test, there is a number that we must call for a 4 question voice audition. After completing everything, I received an e-mail about two days later asking what day I'd like to schedule the interview. I could choose one of three dates given and the time as well. I was given a confirmation through my e-mail the same day. They also sent me a reminder text message the day of the interview. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was told I got the job as soon as the interview was over. Afterwards, I had to go to a computer and fill out ANOTHER application about previous jobs, etc. I also had to accept the offer online and fill out consent forms and such. It took forever. Once that was done, I was handed a paper and was told that I had 48 hours to go to the hospital and have my drug test taken. Once the drug test and background check are cleared, I'm all set. I was told the job would start in two weeks, but they would e-mail me with all the details.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me about a time you were upset on a job and why.
2. Tell me about a time something happened out of your control that upset a customer and how you handled the situation.
3. Do you believe it is important to come to work on time and why?
4. Would you rather have a job that pays $11.00 an hour without benefits or a job with less pay but with incentives and why?
5. Tell me your level of experience with the computer (beginner, intermediate, or expert) and why you chose that answer, and name some computer programs that you have used.
6. Tell me a time you had to be persuasive on a job.
7. Tell me a time you broke company policy and why.
8. How many days of work did you miss on your last job?
9. Tell me a time when you were given specific instructions about something, and what was the hardest part about following those instructions?
10. Tell me about a time you had to listen very carefully to someone, and how did you make sure you understood exactly what they were saying?
11. Tell me about a time you had to make an immediate decision, and what was the outcome?

**There was nothing out of the ordinary.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation phase. I was asked what my desired pay would be. Then, I was told what they pay for the position. However, the interviewer also said there would be raises and other opportunities to make more money.

Las Cruces, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in May 2012.

Interview Details – Most weeding out is not the interview itself, but the drug test and criminal record check- if you are clean, easy to get a job, Online app, group tour, then individual interviews same day as tour, offer came in about 1 week, to start in another two weeks. Strict on attendance during training- most weeding seemed to happen during training rather than just interviews, with people who no show to training.

Interview Question – How often and when is it appropriate to call in sick?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate an earlier start date and a different client (banking vs TV)

Interviewed at Sitel

Interview Details – The company is a absolute joke plain and simple. You complete an application and then they interview you with silly questions. The hire everybody and then they send you off to take a drug test. However the company is made up of a bunch of high school drop outs and thugs, who go out into the parking lot and smoke weed and blast their car radios. What a horrible place to work.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions they hire whom ever walks through the door.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Sitel.

Interview Details – I got either 2 or 3 interviews. They went over everything I needed to know and provided paid training. It was all done remotely. The recruiter was very helpful and answered all my questions.

Negotiation Details – It was more of a "this is how it is going to be and this is what you can expect." They based my wage on my experience and it was higher than my previous jobs so I felt what they were offering was reasonable.

Talent Manager Interview

Talent Manager
Remote, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

Interview Details – After several conversations with "Hiring Manager X", a verbal offer that was agreed at "dollar amount K" and an explanation of the bonus structure to include what it currently is and the new process to come in a couple of weeks and a review of the benefits, I finally received a very delayed response that I was NOT selected for the position.

After the offer was given, I was told that "Hiring Manager X" wanted me to speak with another colleague at the beginning of the week, which I did. I also spoke to the Hiring Manager's boss as well. Correspondence that things look good was relayed, but suddenly several days went by and communication stopped.

After I finally made an inquiry, "Hiring Manager X" called me and told me that he was sorry and someone with my experience and being in HR should understand that you don't always get the job you applied to.

I reminded "Hiring Manager X" that he gave me an offer, did not engage me with further instruction on next steps of the offer until I emailed him several days later, his follow-up commitment to trying to find out what went "wrong" in the process, to no returned response until my email and his follow up phone call. He again apologized.

I was finally told my sourcing was strong enough. Shocked, I sent additional correspondence to support my experience (even after I thought I had the job offer?). I inquired about what the organization was looking for as it relates to Recruitment initiates for this position and was told by "Hiring Manager X" he would speak with the others about the conversations and their thoughts. I was also reassured by "Hiring Manager X" that he felt I was qualified for this position but would get more information and to NOT write if off totally yet.

I don't understand if I did something wrong, if my character profile was not what the company was looking for, if something was recovered regarding my experience that was concerning, if my referrals were not adequate enough to support my experience, or if I was just put through a broken process.

Humiliating and Embarrassing. I would not recommend this company.

Negotiation Details – Horrible and then was told I was not selected, after several days and my final inquiries to understand what happened.

Customer Service Representative Work From Home Directv Interview

Customer Service Representative Work From Home Directv

I applied online - interviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

Interview Details – My interview was scheduled at 9:00 am central time however the interviewer called me at 8:50 am. I had no problem hearing her but she kept asking if it was a bad time for me? Like she wanted me to say yes.

Interview Question – craziest question. "I though you said you did't have a computer? " I said that I wanted to work with them because they provide the equipment except for the monitor. If I didn't have a computer how did I use the internet to do the speedtest and answer all the crazy questions you just asked me?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very simple. I applied for the work at home position for sitel at their website. The application took about 30-45 minutes. You had to complete everything at one visit because the website does not save your information. I can't remember but I think the assessment was a part of the application or either was emailed to me. At some point I had to call a number to do a voice test. (A recorded voice asks you questions and you answer the question as best as possible. This is to determine how your voice sounds and how you would react in questions). I had to complete a speed test to determine the speed/memory of my computer and had to screenshot my results. I received an email from the recruiter within 3 days asking to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked simple navigation questions for the internet. (Go to weather.com and tell me the weather for Baltimore, Maryland). I was then asked to do another speed test and tell them my results. I was also asked a few behavioral questions and given the basic information about the possible jobs. A day after the interview I was sent emails with different campaigns that I would like to work for. I chose the campaign I wanted and scheduled an interview for that one. I was asked behavioral questions again and asked to do another speed test. Pretty easy. I got the job and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were generic questions that you would expect to be asked in a customer service role. I was asked give me a time where you didn't know how to handle a difficult customer, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I had 6 years of customer service and was still offered the lowest amount they pay. The recruiter explains you get a 25 cent raise after 3 months, 50 cents after 6 months, and I think another 25 cents after a year.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sitel in June 2011.

Interview Details – Put in an application. Was e-mailed to schedule an interview--which I did. It ended up being a group interview with four other candidates. There were two "coaches" who conducted the interviews. Afterward, we were called one-by-one and told whether we had received an offer or not. Instead of the coaches doing it themselves and offering feedback on what could have been done better or what they were looking for, they had an admin assistant do so.

Interview Question – None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. Questions ranged from "a time you broke company policy" to the mundane "tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Remote, OR

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sitel.

Interview Details – There are usually 2 prescreen interviews which aren't that hard. They need a speedtest of your internet upload and download. They ask questions about your ability to troubleshoot a computer and about your ability to sale to others.

Interview Question – There really aren't any unless you are not familiar with how to operate your computer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary is the same for everyone

Worked for Sitel? Contribute to the Community!