Sitel Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.1

Customer Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sitel in June 2010.

Very Less Rounds Of Interview & Quicker Rounds as Compared to Other Companies.
    Very Well HR Team.
    Must Work Wid Sitel Atleast to Know About Ur Strength & Weakness. And Hw Much Capable & Independent U R Widout Being Dependent On Others.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sitel in May 2010.

Panel interview and and 4 other simulation and final Interview

Technical Support Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sitel in March 2008.

Pretty tough to get through the rounds. I had to go through the set of 4 rounds which included, Aptitude, Versant,Hr, and Operations

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your previous organization   View Answer
    The offer given to me was pretty acceptable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sitel in September 2011.

their was five rounds of interview were passed by me first interview was personal interview second was hiring test third was typing test fourth was listening test fifth was managers interview.

Interview Questions
    • they were asking about salary expectation on which bases they were making decision.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sitel in May 2013.

Filled out application with test. Interviewed twice over the phone. They tested my computer/internet multiple times, because for some projects you need to use your own. I worked on the directv project and they provided equipment (only needed monitor).

Set rate for all employees at $9.00/hour, periodic raises.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sitel.

The hiring and interview process was quite cumbersome and plagued by bad communication. After an initial phone interview with HR, I met with the hiring manager. In my opinion, Sitel is very insular and believes that anyone without experience in their particular industry is not right for the organization. I found the initial interview to put me on the defensive about my experience, skills and ability to succeed in the role. I was brought back to meet with several other executives, which was a slightly more positive experience. Then there was no communication for 30+ days, after which I was asked to prepare, on very short notice, an extensive plan and presentation--not for a hypothetical situation, but a very real dilemma they are facing. I balked at being asked for what basically boils down to free consulting work and removed myself from consideration. The lack of communication for over a month did not work in their favor at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to prepare a marketing plan for a very real business problem they are experiencing.   Answer Question

Technical Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Starkville, MS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sitel in April 2012.

I had to check back with them about scheduling my drug test even after I passed the computer assessment.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation you either take or leave their offer.

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sitel in June 2014.

After several conversations with "Hiring Manager X", a verbal offer that was agreed at "dollar amount K" and an explanation of the bonus structure to include what it currently is and the new process to come in a couple of weeks and a review of the benefits, I finally received a very delayed response that I was NOT selected for the position.

After the offer was given, I was told that "Hiring Manager X" wanted me to speak with another colleague at the beginning of the week, which I did. I also spoke to the Hiring Manager's boss as well. Correspondence that things look good was relayed, but suddenly several days went by and communication stopped.

After I finally made an inquiry, "Hiring Manager X" called me and told me that he was sorry and someone with my experience and being in HR should understand that you don't always get the job you applied to.

I reminded "Hiring Manager X" that he gave me an offer, did not engage me with further instruction on next steps of the offer until I emailed him several days later, his follow-up commitment to trying to find out what went "wrong" in the process, to no returned response until my email and his follow up phone call. He again apologized.

I was finally told my sourcing was strong enough. Shocked, I sent additional correspondence to support my experience (even after I thought I had the job offer?). I inquired about what the organization was looking for as it relates to Recruitment initiates for this position and was told by "Hiring Manager X" he would speak with the others about the conversations and their thoughts. I was also reassured by "Hiring Manager X" that he felt I was qualified for this position but would get more information and to NOT write if off totally yet.

I don't understand if I did something wrong, if my character profile was not what the company was looking for, if something was recovered regarding my experience that was concerning, if my referrals were not adequate enough to support my experience, or if I was just put through a broken process.

Humiliating and Embarrassing. I would not recommend this company.

Horrible and then was told I was not selected, after several days and my final inquiries to understand what happened.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Sitel.

I got either 2 or 3 interviews. They went over everything I needed to know and provided paid training. It was all done remotely. The recruiter was very helpful and answered all my questions.

It was more of a "this is how it is going to be and this is what you can expect." They based my wage on my experience and it was higher than my previous jobs so I felt what they were offering was reasonable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sitel in August 2014.

The application process is a bit lengthy. After filling out basic information, there are different scenarios dealing with the customer that you have to listen to and decide what the best solution would be. There is also an optional section for those interested in tech support. That section deals with mostly order and sequence. Then, there is a typing test at the end. After the test, there is a number that we must call for a 4 question voice audition. After completing everything, I received an e-mail about two days later asking what day I'd like to schedule the interview. I could choose one of three dates given and the time as well. I was given a confirmation through my e-mail the same day. They also sent me a reminder text message the day of the interview. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was told I got the job as soon as the interview was over. Afterwards, I had to go to a computer and fill out ANOTHER application about previous jobs, etc. I also had to accept the offer online and fill out consent forms and such. It took forever. Once that was done, I was handed a paper and was told that I had 48 hours to go to the hospital and have my drug test taken. Once the drug test and background check are cleared, I'm all set. I was told the job would start in two weeks, but they would e-mail me with all the details.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time you were upset on a job and why.
      2. Tell me about a time something happened out of your control that upset a customer and how you handled the situation.
      3. Do you believe it is important to come to work on time and why?
      4. Would you rather have a job that pays $11.00 an hour without benefits or a job with less pay but with incentives and why?
      5. Tell me your level of experience with the computer (beginner, intermediate, or expert) and why you chose that answer, and name some computer programs that you have used.
      6. Tell me a time you had to be persuasive on a job.
      7. Tell me a time you broke company policy and why.
      8. How many days of work did you miss on your last job?
      9. Tell me a time when you were given specific instructions about something, and what was the hardest part about following those instructions?
      10. Tell me about a time you had to listen very carefully to someone, and how did you make sure you understood exactly what they were saying?
      11. Tell me about a time you had to make an immediate decision, and what was the outcome?

**There was nothing out of the ordinary.
        Answer Question
    There was really no negotiation phase. I was asked what my desired pay would be. Then, I was told what they pay for the position. However, the interviewer also said there would be raises and other opportunities to make more money.