Sitel

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sitel in February 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring was very quick. The woman who interviewed me by phone was extremely personable, which gave me a good impression of Sitel, but I was wrong.

Interview Question – The questions were very simple, leading me to realize now that anyone can be hired at Sitel   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, I was hired

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sitel.

Interview Details – When I went in for the interview, I had to fill out some paperwork asking general questions. Then I had to show my diploma so that they could see that it was legal for me to work in the United States. I had a one-on-one interview that was very easy, after the interview I was told to go take a drug test. After two weeks my interviewer called and wanted to set up training for me.

Interview Question – The questions were super easy   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to decline because my training would have been from 4pm-12pm and then I would have to drive 30 mins to go home and had to be back up at 6am to go to my college classes.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sitel in January 2013.

Interview Details – When I first went to the interview I had to do another application. Then I had to wait until I was called to be interviewed by one of their hr. She asked me about my past customer service experience. Also I was told to read a some paragraph off of a paper that a elementary school student can do. Then I was told that she would get back in contact with me after the background and credit check come in. In about almost three weeks I had received a phone call saying that I am hired and will start my paid training classes on the 18th.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation phase. They were only hiring for someone who can work anytime and the starting is 8.50

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in October 2012.

Interview Details – Great and short..to the point.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected quested questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Want discuss until after the background check

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sitel in July 2009.

Interview Details – Initial communications were by phone, Interview was by phone from HR person that lived out of state. No live contact for getting hired.

Interview Question – What would you do with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just said pay rate would start at 9.00 per hour.

San Angelo, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sitel in June 2008.

Interview Details – all they really do is make sure you can type 30+ wpm, that you can read ( which is weird because if you couldn't how could you fill out the application) and that you can spell at least decently. if you pass all the testing, that a 10 year old could pass, you're going to be hired. i've never heard of them turning anyone down unless they weren't hiring at the time which is rare as the turnover there is astounding.

Interview Question – Do you have any criminal record. mostly because they don't just mean record they actually do an FBI check to see your arrests even if you weren't charged which seems illegal...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiating, everyone gets paid the same to start off.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sitel in July 2008.

Interview Details – Went into what looked like a closet for storing old computers just sit there act intersted and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Interview Question – none all basic interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none they were like this is your starting pay end of it no wiggle room.

Las Cruces, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sitel in April 2008.

Interview Details – You apply online.The online application process includes a typing test, skills assessment and personality test. Within a week, you will be contacted to schedule a job preview where they talk about the company and play sample customer calls. After the job preview, you will be scheduled for a one-on-one interview with HR/Recruiting (my interview was 2 days later). During the interview, they ask typical questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. How many days is ok to miss work per year? etc.)
If you pass the interview, you will be called for an offer provided you pass the drug test, criminal background and credit checks.

Interview Question – I did not expect to be asked how many other jobs have I applied for in the last 30 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No pay or schedule negotiation

Coach Interview

Asheville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sitel in May 2009.

Interview Details – Sitel mostly promotes from within, which was one of the things that initially attracted me to the company. I had my eyes on a management position from the time I was in training and was promoted within 2 years of starting. Occasionally they may hire management from the outside, but I have only seen it happen once in my 5 years there and it was a disaster.

Sitel will post on their intranet Hot News site for each campaign when they are accepting applications for the management training program. The interview process was a panel interview consisting of my manager, the department operations manager, the site director, and the head of HR. They asked me fairly typical questions regarding times in my previous work history when I had to utilize the skills outlined in the job description. They also asked me questions about the company's values and goals.

Interview Question – They asked me if I knew what a three-legged-stool was meant to represent in relation to our business. I did not have the answer and told them as much. I think they appreciated that I was honest about it rather than trying to BS my way through an answer.   View Answer

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sitel in September 2011.

Interview Details – The only way to apply for a job at Sitel is through their website. The application itself is a tad long-winded and asks a lot of questions. Expect to spend 20-30 minutes on the application itself. After I finished my app. they contacted me about 5 days after I applied and set up an interview about 3 days later. (They called me) The interview process is about 3 hours long and encompasses a tour of the site, a few personality and skills tests in one of their computer training rooms (They ask questions like if you party a lot and there is a type speed test which you need to score at least 29 words per minute), and a face to face interview in-which they asked me about previous job experiences, why I wanted to apply, and a on-the-spot sales pitch where I had to pretend to sell them a monitor that was on the desk.

They will tell you if you got the job during the same day. If you get a slip from them telling you to go get drug-tested you have gotten the job. If you didn't get anything and they tell you they'll call you then you didn't get the job. (At least the ten people I know who were told that didnt get the job.) Other than that you go to get drug tested and then they'll start doing paid-training with you about a week or two later :)

Interview Question – Undoubtedly it would have to be when they asked me to sell them their computer monitor on the spot.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They basically said that I had been accepted for employment and had told me how much starting pay was (9 dollars/hour) and that I had 3 days to let them know if I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sitel