Sitel UK

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.2

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford-upon-Avon, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sitel UK in May 2014.

Company rang me to say they found CV online. Asked me to attend interview couple of days later. Attended interview to where there was 6 of us attending. Got a telephone call later that day to say that they really wanted me and was offered job. I took this, and started training the Monday after.

Interview Questions

French Speaking Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sitel UK in January 2012.

After having applied online for the job, at first I was impressed by the professional manner in which they called me and dealt with me on the phone, even when I had to call them back to rearrange the interview time. So far, so good. They had informed me on the phone that there would be a written French test, and this was the first task I was presented with when I arrived. The written test itself was of fairly good quality and I felt very confident that I had scored well in it (I have always been complimented on my writing skills in the past). I was then given a spoken French test with a native speaker, as expected.

However, after this, it all went downhill. It was probably not the fault of the interviewers themselves, as they most likely did not have much of a say in how to conduct the interview process, but the main part of the interview left me no room for freedom of expression whatsoever, making me feel like just another number. All of their questions were from a list of set questions on a piece of paper, all of them in the style of "give me an example when...". Some of the questions were unsuited to somebody of my background so I was unable to give an appropriate answer anyway.

However, if they had just given me the chance to express myself a bit on my previous work experience and life experience, particularly the part about having worked abroad, the interviewers would have received a totally different picture of me to the limited impression they got due to the nature of their questions and lack of room to chat more freely and let my personality come across in full.

Finally, the thing that really left me with an extremely negative image of the company was the fact that nobody even bothered to contact me afterwards to say whether I had got the job or not! They left me hanging on the whole time, unsure whether I should be getting some applications in for other jobs or not, thereby losing time and losing money in the process by waiting.

I have never known such a lack of professionalism from a company who have invited me for interview. If a candidate has been unsuccessful in their application, how much effort does it take to send out a short, standardised e-mail to their candidates in order to let them know? It takes about 5 seconds! I dread to think what this company must be like when it comes to managing a team of employees, if they can't even manage the most basic of admin tasks. Remember, the interview process works both ways - part of the reason for having interviews is so that the company can try and impress the candidate too! An area in which they have spectacularly failed!

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Sitel UK in January 2010.

Team building exercises, lego game, easy questions about stability. General knowledge about the product.It was very easy and the hr person was great. It was all very informal.Tried negotiating however salary was at the starting point,

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation

Customer Service Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sitel UK in October 2009.

This was a very disorganised interview proce. It took 4 week from applying to actual aknowledgement of the application. This fell in line with me being made redundant so I went ahead with the interview. This I was told would last 1.5 hours. It lasted 3 hours. I had 20 minutes to prepare a presentation, and was then intervied by the Op Manager and the HR person. THe questions did not follow any format, they asked cometancy based questions such a, how have you dealt with conflict, how would you manage bad absence, how do you get your tem working for you.

I was told I would hear back by the end of the week. 3 weeks later I still heard nothing. I called and till nothing,. It took me calling the outsoursed provider they were working for before I got an email saying they had sent me a letter and that i had not been succesful! I till have no idea why, despite emailing back asking for feedback!! I am very dissapointed, not that I didnt get the job, I am dissapointed at the unproffessionalism of this company and am actually glad not tobe a part of it.