Sittercity

Updated Dec 2, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sittercity

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sittercity in July 2014.

I applied online over a weekend, and the following Monday I received an email from the HR Director to schedule a phone interview. We spoke on the phone for about 15 minutes about what I do at my current job, and a bit of Sittercity history. The next day, I got an email to schedule an in-person interview.

When I arrived, the same HR Director greeted me. She was all smiles and told me, "Have fun today!" I interviewed with the Creative Director, and when we were wrapping up the SVP of Brand & Communications came in, so the three of us talked together. It all felt very informal, like we were chatting and getting to know each other socially rather than strictly business. Everyone at the company was very friendly.

The next day, I sent them a few writing samples per their request. Five days later, they sent me a sample writing assignment, which I completed within the week. Another five days after that, when I hadn't heard from them, I followed up and learned another candidate had accepted their offer.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, and the company vibe felt almost like a family. Which is pretty fitting, considering what line of business they're in.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sittercity in February 2014.

Started with a phone interview with HR, which was pretty normal.

Moved to a phone interview with a senior engineer. It was very interesting, it was more about judging experience and culture fit than any serious technical questions. The technical aspect came in the form of a coding challenge that was to be completed over 7 days. It was stressful but I personally liked it more than having to complete a full challenge while in the office.

After completing the challenge I came in to meet the team and answer some more technical questions and judge the personality fit. That process was maybe 3-4 hours in-person.

Interview Questions
    • The code challenge was the most difficult portion of the interview process   Answer Question

QA Interview

Initial conversation was with human resources rep, after that I was invited for in-house interview. I talked to Manager of Engineering who was also in charge of QA department. After that I talked to two members of QA team. I was asked to test site's log-in page in Safari on MacBook Pro and enter a bug in Jira.