Sittercity Senior Copywriter Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sittercity

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sittercity (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online over a weekend, and the following Monday I received an email from the HR Director to schedule a phone interview. We spoke on the phone for about 15 minutes about what I do at my current job, and a bit of Sittercity history. The next day, I got an email to schedule an in-person interview.

When I arrived, the same HR Director greeted me. She was all smiles and told me, "Have fun today!" I interviewed with the Creative Director, and when we were wrapping up the SVP of Brand & Communications came in, so the three of us talked together. It all felt very informal, like we were chatting and getting to know each other socially rather than strictly business. Everyone at the company was very friendly.

The next day, I sent them a few writing samples per their request. Five days later, they sent me a sample writing assignment, which I completed within the week. Another five days after that, when I hadn't heard from them, I followed up and learned another candidate had accepted their offer.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, and the company vibe felt almost like a family. Which is pretty fitting, considering what line of business they're in.

Interview Questions